Author Topic: Senate's No. 2 Republican pushing gun bill  (Read 426 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate's No. 2 Republican pushing gun bill
« on: February 27, 2017, 09:16:01 pm »
Senate's No. 2 Republican pushing gun bill
By Tim Devaney - 02/27/17 04:04 PM EST

Gun owners could carry their firearms across state lines without risking jail time under new legislation from the Senate’s No. 2 Republican.

Currently, gun owners who are permitted to carry firearms in their home state face difficulties traveling out of state with their guns.

The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act introduced Monday by Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) would require states to recognize gun permits from law-abiding citizens in other states. The bill has dozens of Republican co-sponsors, but would need support from at least eight Democrats in gun-friendly states to pass.

more
http://thehill.com/regulation/321402-senates-no-2-republican-pushing-gun-bill
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:16:23 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

Re: Senate's No. 2 Republican pushing gun bill
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:25 pm »
As much as I like the idea of having this protection, what business does the federal government have in telling states that they must accept the standards of other states?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:16:00 pm »
I was just looking at a list od Rat Senators and I'd be hard pressed to find 4 that might lean right on this issue.

Warner, Mark – (D – VA)

Nelson, Bill – (D – FL) He's a Puss.

McCaskill, Claire – (D – MO)

Kaine, Timothy – (D – VA)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:17:58 pm »
As much as I like the idea of having this protection, what business does the federal government have in telling states that they must accept the standards of other states?

Uhhh, the Second Amendment.