Author Topic: George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban  (Read 9787 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban

http://www.today.com/news/george-w-bush-opens-trump-s-war-media-russia-travel-t108627

In a wide-ranging interview that shied away from directly criticizing the current commander in chief, former President George W. Bush said it's critical for the media to hold accountable “people who abuse their power." He also said he favored an immigration policy that was more "welcoming."

snip
------------------------------------------------

hmmmmmm

Offline LonestarDream

George W. Bush opens up on Trump's war with the media, Russia and travel ban

http://www.today.com/news/george-w-bush-opens-trump-s-war-media-russia-travel-t108627

In a wide-ranging interview that shied away from directly criticizing the current commander in chief, former President George W. Bush said it's critical for the media to hold accountable “people who abuse their power." He also said he favored an immigration policy that was more "welcoming."

snip
------------------------------------------------

hmmmmmm

Mega Barf.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline jpsb

Another fake conservative smoked out. Did W say one word critical of Obama? Ever?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Another fake conservative smoked out. Did W say one word critical of Obama? Ever?

Great point.  No.....he was virtually invisible.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline endicom

He still doesn't know that democracy is not freedom. He thinks that a handful of corporate entities comprise the 'free press.'

Offline LonestarDream

I am exhausted from defending W Bush.  And for what?

@don-o
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
I am exhausted from defending W Bush.  And for what?

@don-o

The apple does not fall far from the tree. It was a tragic error that Reagan made with Poppy and I said so at the time. I gave the Rockefeller Republicans their assurance that things would turn their way, as history shows they did.

GWB Daughter Barbara Bush to Keynote Planned Parenthood Fundraiser

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/25/gwb-daughter-barbara-bush-keynote-planned-parenthood-fundraiser/

Offline skeeter

Never.

On the other hand now I don't feel so bad about bashing the knucklehead.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:13:14 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

"W" definitely was not without flaw. I found his stance on open borders and not getting the wall built that was voted on during his tenure very troubling.  An immigration policy that is more welcoming??  I strongly disagree.  We've got ISIS in our neighborhood now...letting additional people in from areas of the world where they have vowed to kills us is absolute lunacy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

This folks, is why it's better than to take the pain up front on election day, rather than empowering your problem for the rest of your life in the name of 'lesser evil'.

Now, after 8 years of silence as Obama and the liberals destroyed America, he is suddenly vocal the very moment someone attempts to turn the tide away from liberal policies.

Offline skeeter

This folks, is why it's better than to take the pain up front on election day, rather than empowering your problem for the rest of your life in the name of 'lesser evil'.

Now, after 8 years of silence as Obama and the liberals destroyed America, he is suddenly vocal the very moment someone attempts to turn the tide away from liberal policies.

Some of us might have thought it was class that prevented GW Bush from criticizing a sitting president.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:37:34 pm by skeeter »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ahhhhh, Trumpers have a new enemy.

:pop41:

Offline dfwgator

Eight years, and not ONCE did W criticize Obama.

Offline dfwgator

Ahhhhh, Trumpers have a new enemy.

:pop41:

He's hardly a "new" enemy.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This thread isn't on the Bush daughter but I can see her angling for an important position in Planned Parenthood a la Cecil Richards. That's where the money is.

Dubya is a bit blah, not only did he say little about Obama, Dubya could have likely defended his record better as well. Looks like Dick Cheney did that some.

• Technical
He's hardly a "new" enemy.

He's a new playtoy for you fellas (and TOS) to swat around for a while.

Were Reagan alive and made some comment about Trump you'd attack him too.

Offline skeeter

If you say so.

Offline dfwgator

Offline TomSea

Comparing Reagan to Bush, oh boy.

• Technical
I remember on FreakRepublic circa 2004 or so, making even a flight backhand comment against Bush was enough to get the viking kitties. Now it's Trump.

Eventually Trump will be persona non grata among the "movement" as well IMO.

Offline TomSea

One can argue, still picking up a few morsels from the other place, that we were justified to go into Iraq; that Pres. Clinton should have done the clean up work on that deal because of Iraq breaking UN sanctions. That's probably so.

The invasion was mismanaged is more of the way I see it, more troops needed, permanent base needed. Now, we have a big mess but it has gotten better in the last year.

Offline skeeter

I remember on FreakRepublic circa 2004 or so, making even a flight backhand comment against Bush was enough to get the viking kitties. Now it's Trump.

Eventually Trump will be persona non grata among the "movement" as well IMO.

The moment he turns against the interests of this country, probably.

Offline dfwgator

One can argue, still picking up a few morsels from the other place, that we were justified to go into Iraq; that Pres. Clinton should have done the clean up work on that deal because of Iraq breaking UN sanctions. That's probably so.

The invasion was mismanaged is more of the way I see it, more troops needed, permanent base needed. Now, we have a big mess but it has gotten better in the last year.

The only "winner" was Iran.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Eight years, and not ONCE did W criticize Obama.

Offline dfwgator