Author Topic: Oscars: Kimmel slams Trump, pleas for unity  (Read 1752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oscars: Kimmel slams Trump, pleas for unity
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:03:07 am »
Oscars: Kimmel slams Trump, pleas for unity

James Hibberd@JamesHibberd

Posted on February 26, 2017 at 8:46pm EST

The first salvo against Donald Trump was fired only a few seconds into the Oscars’ opening monologue.

After a joyous opening musical number by Justin Timberlake performing “Can’t Stop the Feeling” that brought the crowd to its feet, host Jimmy Kimmel took the stage at the 89th Annual Academy Awards and threw out one POTUS joke after another:

“This is being watched live by millions of people in 225 countries that now hate us,” Kimmel said.

more
http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/26/oscars-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right Smarts

Re: Oscars: Kimmel slams Trump, pleas for unity
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:13 am »
It Happened Again: Trump Supporters Attacked While Boycotting The Oscars In Los Angeles

In news that’s sure to shock everyone, anti-Trumpers have unprovokedly attacked Trump supporters.

This most recent assault (well, as of this writing; there’ve probably been more by the time you read it) happened in the peaceful, tolerant city of Los Angeles, California.

Pro-Trump supporters, tired of the divisive, poisonous politics of Hollywood elites, decided to express . . .

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 05:40:02 am »
Not the only thing to happen again. The wrong winner for best picture announced. Huge embarrassment for Oscars.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 05:44:42 am »
Not the only thing to happen again. The wrong winner for best picture announced. Huge embarrassment for Oscars.

Ha ha ha!  And these morons think they could do a better job running the country.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 12:25:04 pm »
Oscar-related thread moved to entertainment section of forum

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 12:48:57 pm »
Moonlight wins Best Picture at Oscars after shocking La La Land mix-up
Entertainment, Feb 27, 2017, Jessica Derschowitz

In the most shocking mix-up in Oscars history, Moonlight won best picture at the Academy Awards — but only after presenter Faye Dunaway announced La La Land as the winner, setting off mass confusion inside the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

“I want to tell you what happened,” co-presenter Warren Beatty explained after the mix-up was revealed. “I opened the envelope, and it said ‘Emma Stone, La La Land.’ That’s why I took such a long look at Faye and at you. I wasn’t trying to be funny.”

“Well, I don’t know what happened. I blame myself for this,” Kimmel joked after the moment. “Let’s remember, it’s just an awards show. I mean, we hate to see people disappointed, but the good news is we got to see some extra speeches. We have some great movies. I knew I would screw this show up, I really did. Thank you for watching. I’m back to work tomorrow night on my regular show. I promise I’ll never come back. Good night!”

Speaking after the mix-up had been rectified, Moonlight director Barry Jenkins said, “Very clearly, very clearly in my dreams this could not be true. But to hell with my dreams. I’m done with it because this is true. Oh my goodness.”

He added a note of praise to his La La Land opponents: “And I have to say it is true. It’s not fake. We’ve been on the road with these guys for so long. My love to La La Land. My love to everybody. Man.”

After the Oscars, PricewaterhouseCoopers — which tabulates the Oscar votes — released a statement apologizing for the flub: “We sincerely apologize to Moonlight, La La Land, Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error that was made during the award announcement  for Best Picture. The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected. We are currently investigating how this could have happened, and deeply regret that this occurred. We appreciate the grace with which the nominees, the Academy, ABC, and Jimmy Kimmel handled the situation.”

More w/video:  http://ew.com/awards/2017/02/27/oscars-2017-moonlight-best-picture/

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 12:51:14 pm »
The most politically correct movie of all time.  IMHO
Story line, homosexual theme.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:02:50 pm »

Even more than American Beauty?

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 03:25:01 pm »
STEVE HARVEY STARTED THE BALL ROLLING, AND IT ROLLS ON....

WELL, PUT IT THIS WAY, IT's BETTER THAN WHAT MANY AMERICANS EXPERIENCED LAST YEAR....

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:28:46 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 04:25:22 pm »
ACLU Joins Celebrities on the Oscars Red Carpet
BY: Alyssa Canobbio   
February 27, 2017 10:16 am

Celebrities showed their support for the American Civil Liberties Union during Sunday night's Academy Awards by sporting blue ribbons on their expensive designer wears.

The blue ribbons are a part of an initiative called "Stand with ACLU," the New York Times reports. The ACLU reported a spike in donations after President Trump signed an executive order temporarily halting refugees and citizens from seven countries that are predominately Muslim from entering the United States over terrorism concerns.

More: http://freebeacon.com/culture/aclu-joins-celebrities-oscars-red-carpet/

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »
Sunday's Oscar telecast came in at a bloated three hours and 49 minutes, ranking as the longest in 10 years, It was also the lowest rated since 2008.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2017, 04:59:42 pm »
I will say this.  It could have destroyed Steve Harvey's career, but he stood up and took responsibility for what happened, and he wound up actually turning it into a positive.

He had a funny tweet.

"Call me Warren Beatty. I can help you get through this! #Oscars"

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/19/steve-harvey-was-hurt-by-backlash-following-trump-meeting.html
Steve Harvey was 'hurt' by backlash following Trump meeting

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2017, 05:04:46 pm »
In Their Heads: Hollywood Celebrities Attack Donald Trump 15 Times at Oscars
JimmyKimmelOscars2017
AP

by Charlie Spiering27 Feb 2017573
President Donald Trump was the primary target for leftist Hollywood celebrities during the Oscars, as he, his family, or his administration was mentioned negatively fifteen times during the ceremony.

Show host Jimmy Kimmel noted the Oscars broadcast was being watched “by more than 225 countries that now hate us,” thanks to  Trump.
    Kimmel thanked Trump for bringing Hollywood together — “Remember last year when it seemed like the Oscars were racist?” he asked. “That’s gone, thanks to him.”
    Kimmel welcomed Isabelle Huppert, a French actress who was nominated for best actress: “I’m glad Homeland Security let you in tonight. I really am,” he joked.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/27/in-their-heads-hollywood-celebrities-attack-trump-15-times-oscars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 05:05:20 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2017, 05:06:38 pm »
And you see what happens when you Mess With the Donald......Karma comes and bites you in the ass.

Offline endicom

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 05:08:58 pm »
"In Their Heads"

Trump saw the vacancy sign and moved in.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 05:09:30 pm »
What can you say about the Academy Awards? The movie Fist Fight grossed more more than this year's "Best Picture".

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2017, 05:12:39 pm »
What can you say about the Academy Awards? The movie Fist Fight grossed more more than this year's "Best Picture".

I think the "Best Picture" had something else involving a "Fist" in it from what I heard.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2017, 05:13:01 pm »
I put the blame on whoever handed Beatty the envelope.

That was a HUMONGOUS gaffe.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2017, 05:14:12 pm »
I put the blame on whoever handed Beatty the envelope.

That was a HUMONGOUS gaffe.

"You had ONE JOB!"

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2017, 05:21:27 pm »

It also grossed less than Fist Fight.

The Academy is as the Academy does.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2017, 05:29:25 pm »
It also grossed less than Fist Fight.

The Academy is as the Academy does.

LOL. That's awesome. Another Academy Award winning movie that no one will care about in 5 minutes.

Ordinary People won in 1981, but no one has any idea what that movie is today. Airplane! came out that same year and didn't get any notice at all but is still quoted and watch today. The Oscars are garbage for picking good movies.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2017, 05:32:00 pm »
LOL. That's awesome. Another Academy Award winning movie that no one will care about in 5 minutes.

Ordinary People won in 1981, but no one has any idea what that movie is today. Airplane! came out that same year and didn't get any notice at all but is still quoted and watch today. The Oscars are garbage for picking good movies.
'

They figured they'd kill two birds with one stone and make blacks and gays happy.

Now the Hispanics are saying "Hey, what about us?"

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2017, 05:38:08 pm »

It's just a big Leftist circle-jerk to begin with.  This group masturbatory 'awards show' is used to try and graft their elitist tastes of what is 'good art' upon the rest of the country with their self-important selves.

I used to only be interested in who won the technical awards, because one had to create, invent or craft something beneficial to the making of films - but those too have been politicized to the point of utter uselessness.

An Oscar means nothing to anyone but those within the circle-jerk.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
Hollywood making a fool of itself in the biggest way possible?

It's been a good year.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2017, 06:07:10 pm »

"Call me Warren Beatty. I can help you get through this! #Oscars"

Speaking of Warren.  Who did his make-up...a taxidermist?