Author Topic: Seriously? Washington Post hires John Podesta as a columnist  (Read 1024 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Seriously? Washington Post hires John Podesta as a columnist
« on: February 25, 2017, 07:45:00 pm »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

URL: http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/25/seriously-wapo-hires-john-podesta-as-a-columnist/

by Jazz Shaw

I know you were all terribly worried about whether or not long time Clintonite and secret Illuminati member John Podesta was going to be able to find a new job after the implosion of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. Fear not! Turns out that he’s landed himself a gig writing political analysis columns for the Washington Post. (The Hill)

John Podesta, Hillary Clinton’s former presidential campaign chairman, has joined The Washington Post as a contributing columnist, according to a Thursday announcement by the paper.

“No one knows more about how Washington works, how the White House operates, and how policy ideas are translated into reality than John Podesta,” said the Post’s editorial page editor, Fred Hiatt, in a statement.

“His long experience in Congress, inside two Democratic White Houses and on the front lines of numerous presidential campaigns, will offer readers vital insight into Washington and politics at the start of a new era.”

I’m a little bit lost at the moment. Part of me wants to start pulling my hair out and declaring that this is simply too unbelievable to be a real story. But there’s a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that I should’ve already realized this is simply business as usual. Still, at what point did the train go so badly off the rails that we arrived at this juncture?

It’s not a question of whether or not the Washington Post should be ready, willing and able to hire some more distinctly liberal voices as editorial columnists. That’s pretty much a given. They already have a full stable of them on the payroll but there’s always room for more. Yes, I’m sure there are those of us who would like to see them investing their time and money into landing a few more prominent conservative voices just for balance. This is particularly true since their Right Turn blog is still being run by someone so deeply trapped in Trump Derangement Syndrome that many of the columns are indistinguishable from those written by the usual Democratic cheerleaders.

But even if they were going to add another left-side voice, I just can’t get over the fact that it turned out to be John Podesta. Seriously? Am I the only one who remembers when a bunch of his emails wound up being leaked to the public? Some of them opened up a whole new chapter in the ongoing discussion over how closely the mainstream media is “embedded” (or should we just say in bed) with political campaigns. Talk about picking winners and losers… Podesta seemed to be a master of it.

Having someone make an informed, well written argument in favor of liberal causes is perfectly acceptable for any newspaper. (Though it would be nice if the numbers from the left and right sides were a bit closer to equal.) But John Podesta isn’t even that consistently liberal. He actually caused no end of problems for Hillary Clinton for some of his less charitable writings and positions. He was always more of a political operative than an analyst and has buttered his bread for decades by keeping his star hitched to the Clintons’ wagon.

Still, the guy deserves to earn a living like anybody else. And if this is what the Washington Post has decided to do I guess it’s on them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Seriously? Washington Post hires John Podesta as a columnist
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 10:09:09 pm »
He would starve to death waiting for me to pay anything to read that useless rag!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 01:07:57 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 01:12:04 am »
SOURCE: HOTAIR

Still, the guy deserves to earn a living like anybody else. And if this is what the Washington Post has decided to do I guess it’s on them.

@SirLinksALot

There are no butler or  janitor jobs open in DC?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 01:17:56 am »
@SirLinksALot

There are no butler or  janitor jobs open in DC?

Com'on. Being a butler or janitor contains a level of trust, and trustworthiness.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline anubias

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 01:30:41 am »
You have got to be kidding me.  What does this man have to offer to the media other than towing their liberal line.

I won't even use the WAPO to line my bird cage.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 01:32:47 am »
You have got to be kidding me.  What does this man have to offer to the media other than towing their liberal line.

I won't even use the WAPO to line my bird cage.

Hell....No self respecting fish would ever be caught dead wrapped in it. 

Offline anubias

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 04:06:22 am »
Hell....No self respecting fish would ever be caught dead wrapped in it. 

I took the WAPO for a week on a free trial.  Much to my surprise, it was the only newspaper in my yard that my neighbor would not steal.  I was stumped as to the reason until I read it.  Canceled the subscription immediately.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 04:09:26 am by anubias »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 08:54:06 am »
"I’m a little bit lost at the moment. Part of me wants to start pulling my hair out and declaring that this is simply too unbelievable to be a real story."

Oh! My pearls!

What political noob gets shocked that WAPO hires directly from the DNC? It is the retirement plan for out of work/ 'between jobs'  DNC lackies and has been for decades. I'm really not sure if this is more 'dog bites man' or just a display of idiocy by the no-talent needed types hired to write for the right these days.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 01:27:08 pm »
Maybe Podesta might have some worth as a paperweight, but I'm even sure about that.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 05:13:12 pm »
The IT security team must be panicking.

Of all the companies to hire him, the one run by Internet entrepreneur Jeff Bezos? What was he thinking?!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »
The IT security team must be panicking.

Of all the companies to hire him, the one run by Internet entrepreneur Jeff Bezos? What was he thinking?!

Jeff Bezos was thinking that globalization and big government would be very, very good for his business.  Primarily because those ideologies squash the little guy.