Author Topic: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread  (Read 113135 times)

Offline goatprairie

Re: The Adventures of Florida Man: a running thread
« Reply #750 on: October 13, 2022, 02:05:01 am »
I was never sports/ athletically minded. My parents never pushed me to be involved in little league. I remember going to se my neighbor play and so many (not all) of the parents acting like idiots. I asked my father about it when I got home. He told me little league was invented for the parents so they could feel better about their own lack of athletic ability. I nev er forgot that and it was over 50 years ago.
I had a good friend (who unfortunately died earlier this year) who invested a lot of time and emotion watching his only boy play sports.
His kid was not a bad player in basketball and baseball, but he was no superstar.
When his kid was a senior in high school he had a chance to start on the school basketball team. But since he sat on the bench early in the season my friend encouraged him to quit.
One of the starters got injured, and my friend's kid would have been a starter. But he quit with help from my friend.
My friend thought his kid was a superstar who was being wronged by the coach. I didn't have the guts to tell my friend that his kid wasn't nearly as good as he thought he was.
I guess that kind of dad thinking is behind many parents going berserk watching their kids play. They think their kid is a lot better than he actually is. As someone who helped coach grade school basketball for four years, I know that to be a fact.
And I remember reading the words of a person who ran a top flight basketball camp for some of the nation's best high school basketball players. The guy had to laugh at the parents of players who were big fish in small ponds but outclassed when playing against the nation's best players. They simply couldn't grasp that their kid wasn't nearly as good as they thought he was. They'd ask the guy who ran the camps why their kid simply couldn't do as well as he did back home. The guy had to tell them the truth about their kid, and many simply couldn't accept it.
I don't know what the solution is to parents who go crazy watching their kids play ball. I wouldn't want to prevent parents from watching their children play. Many children want their parents to watch them play.
I didn't give a rip when I played because nobody else had their parents watching them.
But examples like the Florida guy are too common. Something should be done.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 02:06:24 am by goatprairie »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #751 on: November 03, 2022, 07:14:42 pm »
Florida man arrested for allegedly wandering around car dealership with rifle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu8wssjb3CA&ab_channel=cdent

According to a news release from Naples Police Department, on Friday just after 4 p.m., officers received a 911 call about a person walking around the Naples Jaguar dealership with a rifle and a camouflage tarp. NPD later identified the person as Micah Weiss Bennett. Bennett allegedly approached multiple employees as well as customers while having a rifle in his hand, which led to “mass panic at the dealership.” NPD said both employees and customers ran from the area in fear for their lives.

When officers arrived at the dealership, they noticed Bennett driving away in his truck, so they conducted a traffic stop and took him into custody, NPD said.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/florida-man-arrested-allegedly-wandering-around-car-dealership-with-rifle/OY4VYNIXERFL7LEB7B3GKQOZGY/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #752 on: December 06, 2022, 10:28:22 pm »
Florida man busted for public sex with dog, wrecking church nativity scene
By Selim Algar   
December 6, 2022 4:06pm
A Florida man went on a deranged rampage in which he had sex with dog in front of horrified families — and then destroyed a church nativity while trying to escape from the angry onlookers, police said.

Chad Mason, 36, allegedly began his sick crime spree while walking a friend’s labradoodle Friday in a quiet neighborhood in Clearwater, police said.

At one point, he began fornicating with the animal in full view of several spectators — including a child, according to Fox 13.

An adult confronted him during the act and he ran toward nearby Northwood Presbyterian Church, where he toppled a Christmas nativity scene and smashed several potted plants that had been put out for display. ...
NY Post

Was that wrong?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #753 on: December 07, 2022, 12:58:10 pm »
By Selim Algar   
December 6, 2022 4:06pm NY Post

Was that wrong?
Shoot is @$$
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #754 on: December 07, 2022, 04:13:47 pm »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #755 on: December 07, 2022, 04:51:02 pm »
Gender shift him!

With a dull pocket knife.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #756 on: December 13, 2022, 04:10:50 pm »
Florida Man Had Sex With Dog In Public, Destroyed Church Nativity Display During Crime Spree, Police Say

Holly Matkin
December 11, 2022
Clearwater, FL – An Orlando man was arrested Sunday for allegedly having sex with a dog in front of a child and multiple adults, then wrecking a church nativity display and attempting to steal a vehicle.

Clearwater police responded to an apartment complex located in the 2600-block of McMullen Booth Road at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 4 after 36-year-old Chad Mason allegedly began having sex with a goldendoodle outside the building while taking it out for a walk, WTVT reported.

The incident was witnessed by multiple adults and a child who is less than 16 years old, according to police.

When he was confronted by one of the witnesses, Mason took off running and started to “wreak havoc in the surrounding areas,” according to court documents.

https://policetribune.com/florida-man-had-sex-with-dog-in-public-destroyed-church-nativity-display-during-crime-spree-police-say/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #757 on: December 13, 2022, 04:17:33 pm »
If this had happened in NYC or San Fransicko, the guy would already be walking the streets. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #758 on: December 14, 2022, 01:02:36 am »
If this had happened in NYC or San Fransicko, the guy would already be walking the streets. :headbang:

@rangerrebew

He IS out and walking the streets.

Seems as he didn't even get a psychiatric hold and interview before being released.

Am I the only one hoping he picks a Doberman next?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 01:03:50 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #759 on: December 14, 2022, 12:59:09 pm »
@rangerrebew

He IS out and walking the streets.

Seems as he didn't even get a psychiatric hold and interview before being released.

Am I the only one hoping he picks a Doberman next?
@sneakypete Dobie, Pitti, Rottie. I would be good with any of them.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #760 on: January 16, 2023, 12:20:25 pm »
Florida man celebrates Jaguars' improbable comeback win at local Waffle House. Film at 11.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/01/15/jaguars-quarterback-trevor-lawrence-celebrates-epic-comeback-win-at-waffle-house/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2023, 02:10:52 pm »
By Selim Algar   
December 6, 2022 4:06pm NY Post

Was that wrong?

Democrats need to get behind this bestiality crap and add a new letter to their long list of mental illnesses/perversions.
If men can stick their schlongs up other men's asses, why not animals?  What's it to you?
In the privacy of their own sheds, and all that....
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2023, 08:12:00 pm »
Florida man celebrates Jaguars' improbable comeback win at local Waffle House. Film at 11.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/01/15/jaguars-quarterback-trevor-lawrence-celebrates-epic-comeback-win-at-waffle-house/

@Wingnut

I don't get the outrage.

What's wrong with a Waffle House?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #764 on: January 21, 2023, 06:49:43 am »
Democrats need to get behind this bestiality crap and add a new letter to their long list of mental illnesses/perversions.
If men can stick their schlongs up other men's asses, why not animals?  What's it to you?
In the privacy of their own sheds, and all that....
They already have a 'B' in that alphabet soup, and 'Be' is the chemical symbol for Beryllium...  I'd bet it isn't just guys messing around with critters, either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #765 on: January 21, 2023, 04:13:24 pm »
They already have a 'B' in that alphabet soup, and 'Be' is the chemical symbol for Beryllium...  I'd bet it isn't just guys messing around with critters, either.

I don't know which disturbs me more.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #766 on: January 21, 2023, 10:57:43 pm »
I don't know which disturbs me more.
I am reminded Trump made animal abuse a Felony...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #767 on: January 30, 2023, 12:37:13 am »
Cringy-Pics-Cringetopia
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #768 on: January 30, 2023, 02:48:55 am »
Cringy-Pics-Cringetopia
I would have had my butt spanked for that. Bone and cartilage (if that) would be all that was left...

C S Lewis

Offline verga

« Reply #769 on: January 30, 2023, 05:48:43 pm »
Cringy-Pics-Cringetopia
That is a sine, there is a very special p[lace in hell for people like that.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #770 on: January 31, 2023, 07:29:54 am »
That is a sine, there is a very special p[lace in hell for people like that.
My Dad would have spanked me.
"Something died that you could eat. Respect it enough to not waste any of it."
That respect carries on to this day, especially if I am hunting or fishing.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #771 on: January 31, 2023, 09:08:16 am »
My Dad would have spanked me.
"Something died that you could eat. Respect it enough to not waste any of it."
That respect carries on to this day, especially if I am hunting or fishing.

YEP. Use it all.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #772 on: March 13, 2023, 10:51:27 pm »
Naked Florida man walking down busy street tells police he's from a 'different earth'
by GARY DETMAN | WPEC StaffMon, March 13th 2023, 2:00 PM EDT

PALM BEACH, Fla. (WPEC) — A man accused of walking down the street naked in Palm Beach, Fla. told police he's from a "different earth."

Police arrested 44-year-old Jason Smith on charges of indecent exposure, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest.

The ordeal began when an employee from Taboo called the police on Wednesday to say a naked man had just walked past the restaurant on Worth Avenue, in view of a number of customers. When police arrived, bystanders quickly pointed out the man to officers.

Smith told police he didn't know where he left his clothes. Police said he refused to give his name or date of birth.  ...

According to the arrest report, Smith told police he resided on a different earth, He later told police he lived in West Palm Beach. ...
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/from-the-desk/naked-florida-man-walking-down-busy-street-tells-police-hes-from-a-different-earth-taboo-nightclub-jason-smith-nude-dude-palm-beach-county-jail-eww-gross

I'm not familiar enough with W. Palm Beach to know whether it truly is a different earth, or just a different city.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

« Reply #773 on: March 14, 2023, 01:47:38 pm »
When police arrived, bystanders quickly pointed out the man to officers.

They figured he wasn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

Online DB

« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2023, 04:28:57 am »
https://thenationaldesk.com/news/from-the-desk/naked-florida-man-walking-down-busy-street-tells-police-hes-from-a-different-earth-taboo-nightclub-jason-smith-nude-dude-palm-beach-county-jail-eww-gross

I'm not familiar enough with W. Palm Beach to know whether it truly is a different earth, or just a different city.

How can they assume he was a "man"? "Women" can have ding dongs these days according to the experts...