Author Topic: New Jersey: ICE rounds up four Guatemalans with criminal records in Trenton  (Read 359 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
ICE rounds up four Guatemalans with criminal records in Trenton
 By David Foster, The Trentonian
Posted: 02/23/17, 4:32 PM EST | Updated: 9 hrs ago

TRENTON >> The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) made an unannounced visit to the capital city on Thursday.

The agency left with four undocumented immigrants from Central America who carry some extra baggage.

“We made four arrests in Trenton today,” ICE spokesman Alvin Phillips said. “They’re Guatemalans.”

Phillips did not know if the immigrants were charged with any crimes and where they were picked up.

The news surprised Trenton Mayor Eric Jackson, who previously called for a stop of ICE raids last year in the city.

“We received no notification at all,” Jackson said Thursday.

Continued: http://www.trentonian.com/article/TT/20170223/NEWS/170229899

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

So authorities are NOT going door to door, as Trump detractor's claim will take place ?

I happen to have a metric to measure the illegal immigration situation. My favorite place to eat, is one El Polo Loco.

Moderate priced fast Mexican food. The chain started years ago in Mexico. Anyway, Hispanics like it too, since it is reasonably authentic.

So I figure I share the dining room with a few "illegals." In fact some come in on Saturday nights with entire families, dressed nicely. Maybe going or coming from church?

If I see a big drop off, I will conclude that some have self-deported, fearing "La Migra," a term for immigration police.

Also, I have many contacts with Hispanic people, and I intend to monitor their "vibe."

Since my contacts are mostly native born citizens, I think it will be positive on balance. As much as, or more than "Anglos," they want communities to be rid of criminals, and the negative stigma which it attaches, unjustifiably, with them.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln