Author Topic: Border Patrol Agents Stop Domestic Travelers at New York Airport  (Read 1208 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Border Patrol Agents Stop Domestic Travelers at New York Airport
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:38:56 am »
Passengers of a domestic Delta flight from San Francisco to New York were told to show their identity documents to uniformed agents of the Customs and Border Protection agency upon their arrival at John F. Kennedy airport on Wednesday evening.

CBP officers are border agents, whose statutory authority is generally limited to international arrivals.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/border-patrol-agents-stop-domestic-travelers-at-new-york-airport-w468643

Offline ABX

Re: Border Patrol Agents Stop Domestic Travelers at New York Airport
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:40:35 am »
This was strictly a domestic flight. These are CBP agents demanding papers of everyone on the flight.

Offline ABX

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:06:58 am »
"Your Papers Please" Becomes Harsh Reality for Passengers on Domestic San Francisco to New York Flight

Customs and Border Protection (CPB) agents who claim they were looking for an unnamed person they thought might be aboard a flight who has been "ordered removed by an immigration judge" insisted upon seeing identity documents of every passenger on a fully domestic Delta flight (Flight 1583) from San Francisco to New York's JFK Airport on deplaning yesterday.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/02/23/your-papers-please-becomes-harsh-reality

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:16:22 am »

Good. Actions have consequences. People wanted unfettered immigration and bitched about a wall, now they can live with the results of their choices.

The people not responsible can and should direct any anger they have about it at those that actually caused the problem, whether next door or in DC.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:28:09 am »
CBP officers are border agents, whose statutory authority is generally limited to international arrivals.

Whoever wrote that line is full of caca!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:50:12 am »
Whoever wrote that line is full of caca!

Ya got that right. They are basically under the control of Homeland Security. Something tells me there was a tip that someone bad was on that plane and they were just checking.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 07:13:59 am »
Ya got that right. They are basically under the control of Homeland Security. Something tells me there was a tip that someone bad was on that plane and they were just checking.

Yep, there has to be more to this story.