Author Topic: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood  (Read 1313 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:42:57 pm »
By Jeffrey Rodack   |   Thursday, 23 Feb 2017 09:08 AM

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska is vowing not to vote for any Obamacare repeal law that defunds Planned Parenthood.

"I, for one, do not believe that Planned Parenthood has any place in our deliberations on the Affordable Care Act," she said in an address to the Alaska state legislature.

"Taxpayer dollars should not be used to pay for abortions, but I will not vote to deny Alaskans access to the health services that Planned Parenthood provides."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Lisa-Murkowski-Vote-Defund-Planned-Parenthood/2017/02/23/id/775164/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski Won't Vote to Defund Planned Parenthood
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:45:10 pm »
Of course. 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 06:35:22 am »
Yet another stellar example why lesser/evil/no matter what voters are more a danger to America than the average Democrat. Had right wing voters forced her loss during the Obama admin when it didn't matter and replaced the Dem later, America would not likely end up with more liberal voting out of congress, more Obamacare and more dead babies now that it does.

Of course, these so called right wing voters expressed their liberalism when she carpetbagged the election from the left against TEA candidate Joe Miller in 2010 because they knew better.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 06:37:16 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 06:37:13 am »
She is a GOP'er? Who knew?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 06:38:02 am »

All the special snowflakes that elected her.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 06:44:38 am »
All the special snowflakes that elected her.

Well it is Alaska after all. Snowflakes abound.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 06:48:42 am »
It could use a few hundred thousand less and end up a better place for their absence. They could migrate across the strait and feel more politically comfortable as well.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 11:55:41 am »

Indeed a special case of 'brain freeze'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline verga

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »
She and Snow can call themselves any D@mn thing they like, they are RINO's through and through.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 10:11:38 pm »
By Jeffrey Rodack   |   Thursday, 23 Feb 2017 09:08 AM

Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski, of Alaska is vowing not to vote for any Obamacare repeal law that defunds Planned Parenthood.

"I, for one, do not believe that Planned Parenthood has any place in our deliberations on the Affordable Care Act," she said in an address to the Alaska state legislature.

"Taxpayer dollars should not be used to pay for abortions, but I will not vote to deny Alaskans access to the health services that Planned Parenthood provides."

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Lisa-Murkowski-Vote-Defund-Planned-Parenthood/2017/02/23/id/775164/

A poor excuse is better than none, Lisa?  The most cursory investigation on your part would have revealed that Planned Parenthood provides almost no health services other than abortions and advice.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 10:14:03 pm »
She and Snow can call themselves any D@mn thing they like, they are RINO's through and through.
I think you meant Senator Collins from Maine.

Senator Snowe retired some time ago.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 10:55:07 pm »
All those health services... like mammograms?

Oh, yeah...

Hey Lisa - sending government money to "fund" health services at an abortion mill... uh... health clinic is the same as giving away free healthcare. Not. The. Government's. Job.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 11:14:05 pm »
The issue that Sen. Murkowski is raising is whether PP should be defunded by means of stand-alone legislation, or by means of language buried as part of a larger bill addressing the ACA.   We will need every GOP vote we can muster to address the ACA, because the Dems want us to be blamed for ACA's demise and won't lift a finger to help.   

Attaching PP defunding  to an unrelated bill is a time-honored tactic to kill the unrelated bill.  And that is, IMO in the case of the ACA, an invitation to political suicide.   Besides,  I think it's more honest, and politically transparent, to vote directly to defund PP.

Listen to Sen. Murkowski, folks,  she speaks with wisdom and pragmatism.  She like you all opposes the use of taxpayer money to finance abortions.  But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 11:20:11 pm »
The issue that Sen. Murkowski is raising is whether PP should be defunded by means of stand-alone legislation, or by means of language buried as part of a larger bill addressing the ACA.   We will need every GOP vote we can muster to address the ACA, because the Dems want us to be blamed for ACA's demise and won't lift a finger to help.   

Attaching PP defunding  to an unrelated bill is a time-honored tactic to kill the unrelated bill.  And that is, IMO in the case of the ACA, an invitation to political suicide.   Besides,  I think it's more honest, and politically transparent, to vote directly to defund PP.

Listen to Sen. Murkowski, folks,  she speaks with wisdom and pragmatism.  She like you all opposes the use of taxpayer money to finance abortions.  But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it.

Cant help but spout liberal talking points, can you.

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2017, 02:01:50 am »
The halls of the Senate are full of women Senators, and most of the time they are liberal, where wearing a GOP or Dem button.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 02:08:06 am »

I don't see the logic in her argument or in yours.  Obamacare should be abolished as soon as it can be after all negative consequences have been looked into and dealt with.  Planned Parenthood should be defunded immediately.  It has nothing to do with Obamacare.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline verga

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 02:16:12 am »
I think you meant Senator Collins from Maine.

Senator Snowe retired some time ago.
@IsailedawayfromFR Yes thank you for catching my error that is what I get for not verifying.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2017, 02:20:33 am »
@IsailedawayfromFR Yes thank you for catching my error that is what I get for not verifying.
Easy to do as someone mentioned 'snowflakes' in thread and Snowe was there a long time wrecking havoc to conservative causes.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2017, 02:22:11 am »
There is no right way to use taxpayer money to finance abortions, period/

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2017, 12:10:41 pm »
  Planned Parenthood should be defunded immediately.  It has nothing to do with Obamacare.

That's right, Emjay, and that's my point.  PP has nothing to do with the ACA.   There should be a stand-alone vote to defund PP.   Attaching it to an unrelated bill addressing the ACA just drains potential support from the ACA bill.   Sen. Murkowski says she opposes taxpayer money being used for abortion.   So address the issue directly,  and put it to a vote on the merits.       

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2017, 12:12:33 pm »
There is no right way to use taxpayer money to finance abortions, period/

You misunderstood what I said.  I do not support taxpayer funding of abortion.   But the issue should be addressed directly, not buried in an unrelated bill that is vitally important and needs every last Republican vote.   

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2017, 01:42:29 pm »
You misunderstood what I said.  I do not support taxpayer funding of abortion.   But the issue should be addressed directly, not buried in an unrelated bill that is vitally important and needs every last Republican vote.
I understood perfectly.  You are advocating to keep funding abortions until such time as a way to do it is done that is 'right'.

That means you advocate continuing the taxpayer funding of abortions.

Here's a better solution: stop it first, then figure out whatever else you need to figure out.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2017, 01:51:01 pm »
I understood perfectly.  You are advocating to keep funding abortions until such time as a way to do it is done that is 'right'.

No,  I advocate doing it in a manner that isn't destructive of other important GOP priorities.

Pragmatism isn't a dirty word, folks.   Politics is the art of the possible.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2017, 01:56:47 pm »
It's great Trump weighed into this battle. $500 million plus to planned parenthood every year or Klan Parenthood as some African Americans call it and it needs to be defunded. If one is against Trump and other politicians getting involved, they effectively promote dismemberment abortions and other evil practices of what Planned Parenthood does.

Of course, if those who promote it, have no idea of these things and clothe themselves in ignorance of the situation as a defense, that is even worse.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:00:41 pm by TomSea »

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2017, 02:22:25 pm »
No,  I advocate doing it in a manner that isn't destructive of other important GOP priorities.

Pragmatism isn't a dirty word, folks.   Politics is the art of the possible.
That was not an either / or.  One is either for keeping them open or closing them.  The correct way for those possessing morality is to close them first, then decide how to address other priorities.