Author Topic: Axios: Trump Speech to Congress to Be 'Optimistic, Uplifting'  (Read 700 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Axios: Trump Speech to Congress to Be 'Optimistic, Uplifting'
« on: February 22, 2017, 08:01:48 pm »
Wednesday, 22 Feb 2017 10:03 AM

President Donald Trump's speech next week to a joint session of Congress will be decidedly more upbeat this his inaugural address, White House officials reportedly tell Axios.

The speech, written by adviser Stephen Miller and others, is being described by the website as "optimistic and uplifting."

"President Trump is determined to capture the sunny optimism of Reagan to temper the populist anger reflected in his core policies." Axios quotes one top adviser.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-Speech-Congress-Optimistic/2017/02/22/id/774953/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Axios: Trump Speech to Congress to Be 'Optimistic, Uplifting'
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »
 :pondering:

We shall see. His inauguration speech was terrible.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:17:43 pm »
:pondering:

We shall see. His inauguration speech was terrible.

We must have watched two different speeches; I thought it was excellent!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 10:26:16 pm »
"President Trump is determined to capture the sunny optimism of Reagan to temper the populist anger reflected in his core policies." Axios quotes one top adviser.

His speechwriters and delivery are far from inspiring, except to the adoring worshipers.  I hope he improves before then.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 11:16:06 pm »
He will talk about himself, say big and good a lot, speak in generalities and he will attack his perceived enemies. Afterwards we will all wonder what he was talking about.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 07:00:42 am »
Quote from: 1487805366
He will talk about himself, say big and good a lot, speak in generalities and he will attack his perceived enemies. Afterwards we will all wonder what he was talking about.
I hope he exposes the fact that Hillary got the questions before the debate.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:13:50 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:08:28 am »
[qu
e=1487805366]

I hope he exposes the fact that Hillary got the questions before the debate.

To hell with that. My unnamed sources tell me that he has some bombshell information on Obama's birth certificate and he plans to drop it during the speech.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 03:09:40 pm »
How about those Republicans in Congress forget about the outstretched arms and get some things done ?