Author Topic: British MP: Trump Will Go Down in History as the Only Politician Condemned for Keeping His Promises  (Read 265 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
British MP: Trump Will Go Down in History as the Only Politician Condemned for Keeping His Promises

In an extraordinary session on Monday, British lawmakers debated a petition to deny U.S. President Donald Trump an official state visit to the United Kingdom.

British Prime Minister Theresa May is standing by the invitation she issued to Trump during her January 27 visit to the White House, despite a petition signed by 1.8 million people. That petition says Trump should be allowed to enter the U.K. in his capacity as head of state, but he should not be accorded the honor of a state visit.

State visit opponents, led by members of the Labor Party, said it would embarrass the queen to receive Trump, a man who once bragged about grabbing women by the genitals.

But in defense of Trump's State Visit, Conservative Party lawmaker Nigel Evans noted that the American political and entertainment elite "sneered" at the notion of Trump becoming president, but 61 million Americans -- "the forgotten people" -- felt otherwise and put Trump in office.

Now we may not like some of the things that he says, and I certainly don't like some of the things that he said in the past, but I do respect the fact that he stood on a platform that he is now delivering.

He is going to go down in history roundly condemned for being the only politician to deliver on his promises. I know that's a peculiar -- a peculiar thing in the politics that we're used to here, that politicians actually stand up for something, and they deliver on them but the fact is, he is....

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/british-mp-trump-will-go-down-history-only-politician-condemned-keeping-his
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.