Author Topic: Schumer: GOP will ditch Trump by the summer  (Read 528 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer: GOP will ditch Trump by the summer
« on: February 22, 2017, 03:02:27 pm »

Schumer: GOP will ditch Trump by the summer
By Al Weaver (@alweaver22) • 2/21/17 1:10 PM

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., predicted Tuesday that many Republican lawmakers will break from President Trump by June if he continues to push forward with his agenda.

Schumer told "The View" that while most Republicans have declined to publicly break with Trump during the first month of his presidency, many privately admit they have "real problems" with him. He also argued that some are sticking by him because of party loyalty and his nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the late Antonin Scalia's seat on the Supreme Court.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/schumer-gop-will-ditch-trump-by-the-summer/article/2615364
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Schumer: GOP will ditch Trump by the summer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:20:10 pm »
And we are supposed to believe anything Chuckie says, why?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 04:23:24 pm »

Of course not.....

“No guarantees, there never are, but the odds are more like than not that we will take back the Senate,” Sen. Chuck Schumer said at a forum sponsored by the Washington Post Thursday afternoon. Schumer will be the next majority or minority leader of the Senate Democrats, depending upon how November unfolds. He suggested that the electorate’s sense of economic gloom was actually working to his party’s advantage: “The electorate is moving in a more Democratic direction. When middle class incomes decline, people tend to move in a more progressive direction.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/438481/chuck-schumer-democrats-will-lose-blue-collar-whites-gain-suburbs

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 04:25:33 pm »
My opinion is, they were not with him shortly after he announced, and still are not but they are being silent since they can't do anything about it - yet.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 04:37:52 pm »
That ignores the fact most Republicans ran on and have advocated much of the Trump agenda, for years.

Now Trump will hold their feet to the fire, insofar as his ability to go straight to their voters, and hold them up for praise or ridicule.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 04:45:46 pm »
My opinion is, they were not with him shortly after he announced, and still are not but they are being silent since they can't do anything about it - yet.

Kinda like me, maybe.  I was having great fun dissing Trump until he got elected.  Oooops.  Then he became president and started doing things I liked.

Plus, he's doing things people like, people ... as in voters.

Republicans will oppose him at their own risk and congresspeople don't like risks.

Look at all the heat McCain is taking.

And you'd have to be way deep in the liberal tank to be able to stand the person Rush always called 'Chuck You Schumer.'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 04:52:46 pm »
What? Chuckie is doing his George Zimmer imitation now?
"You’re going to Dump Trump by the summer. I guarantee it.”

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 07:37:27 pm »
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) defended himself on Tuesday against President Trump's accusation that Schumer was shedding "fake tears" at a press conference. During an appearance on ABC's "The View," Schumer said Trump doesn't know him, and some topics make him emotional.
Oh come on man. In the words of Biden "Stand up, Chuck". At least pretend you are a man in public. Boehner already played the blubber card and look where it got him.
8888crybaby
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 08:11:17 pm »
Chuck Schumer, talking to The View, citing 'economic doomsday and gloom'. That's three strikes in terms of taking any of this seriously.

The stock market is booming and economic optimism is higher now than it has been for decades.

In the world of Liberals, 'truth' is what you want it to be, regardless of reality. Schumer is just reciting his hopes and dreams and presenting them as fact. Which is exactly what Liberals always do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »