Author Topic: Several Black Athletes Believe The Earth Is Flat  (Read 1254 times)

rangerrebew

Several Black Athletes Believe The Earth Is Flat
« on: February 22, 2017, 12:34:48 pm »

February 21, 2017| by Brian Anderson

Maybe it’s because these guys don’t stay in school, opting for the big money of the pros, or perhaps there’s just a case of the stupids going around, but apparently several high profile black athletes believe that the Earth is flat. This is kind of like not believing in gravity or denying that water is wet, but due to the sensitive nature of race relations in this country, nobody (at least on the left) is willing to call these guys morons.

Things started over the weekend when Cleveland Cavaliers point guard Kyrie Irving spouted this out on a podcast:

“This is not even a conspiracy theory. The Earth is flat. The Earth is flat. … It’s right in front of our faces. I’m telling you, it’s right in front of our faces. They lie to us,” said Irving.

If it is your position that some shadowy people are lying about the Earth being a sphere, then you most certainly think it’s a conspiracy theory, and that’s not even the dumbest thing here.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/several-black-athletes-believe-the-earth-is-flat
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 12:35:23 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Several Black Athletes Believe The Earth Is Flat
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 12:36:02 pm »
I don't know whether they were playing the media or what but they apparently did say it.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 01:05:22 pm »

Brady let the air out.

And he deflated the Falcons' balls.

Cheater.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 01:39:31 pm »
For the record, Irving attended Duke University for a whopping 11 games before turning pro.

Well, that explains it. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:03:25 pm »
People who live in parts of West Texas might be forgiven for thinking so:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 02:29:30 pm »
I wish they would just step off.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 05:37:14 pm »
As far as education very few NBA players complete four years of college.  A great many black pro players "complete" only one or two years of college before declaring for the pros.
But even a number of those who get their degrees are getting questionable educations.  A few years ago Bill Buford, a black player from Ohio State, was quoted as being very proud to be the first person in his family to get a college degree. His degree major was in.........Black Studies.
But rest assured, many college athletes, white and black, are only there because of their athletic prowess. That's hardly a revelation. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 06:31:58 pm »
Belief in a flat earth isn't limited to blacks.

That being said, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this was an attention-grabbing scam for a recently announced "Uncle Drew" movie.  And if you don't know who Uncle Drew is...here's the video of the first Uncle Drew commercial.  Funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 09:14:27 pm »
They are not alone.

https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/
https://www.tfes.org/

I think the second one is the new location, but the first one is an archive of stupidity of the highest order. Including the idea that heavier objects fall faster than and other messed up nonsense.

I didn't see anyone addressing how spherical geometry effect flight plans, but they have tried to "address" a lot of other "myths."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:41:46 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 10:17:09 pm »
The last time these things started going around, it was exposed as a publicity stunt. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see this is another sad attempt at advertising some new single.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 11:23:26 pm »
They also believe people care what they think. So, two delusions right off the bat.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 11:27:31 pm »
Why would one consult an athlete on matters of this sort?