Author Topic: For The Next 29 Days, No One Can Catch Crabs In Louisiana  (Read 1402 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
For The Next 29 Days, No One Can Catch Crabs In Louisiana
« on: February 22, 2017, 02:24:44 am »
This story will be incredibly difficult to write, due to my nonstop giggling behind the keyboard. No one, and I mean no one, is allowed to catch crabs in Louisiana for the next 29 days.

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries has issued a 30 day ban on Louisiana residents catching crabs.  The ban began yesterday, and crab-catchers in Louisiana can get used to it because the same ban will take place for a 30 day period every year, which starts on the third Monday of February until 2019.

Read More: For The Next 29 Days, No One Can Catch Crabs In Louisiana | http://k945.com/for-the-next-29-days-no-one-can-catch-crabs-in-louisiana/?trackback=tsmclip

Offline anubias

Re: For The Next 29 Days, No One Can Catch Crabs In Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 02:26:35 am »
Those poor folks in Lousyanus!  Whatever will they do?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:27:31 am »

Well fine. I'll just go to Arkie and get them from a cousin then.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 02:28:40 am »
In the Navy we use to  call that an Atlantic Crossing. But once we pull into Naples Crab catching was back on.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 02:29:05 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 02:34:31 am »
At least not until Mardi Gras.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 02:39:32 am »
In the Navy we use to  call that an Atlantic Crossing. But once we pull into Naples Crab catching was back on.

But during the Atlantic crossing, it was hell on whoever's turn it was in the barrel ...not that there's anything WRONG with that or anything...

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 03:08:15 am »

Another lyin headline!   **nononono*

I can think of about 100 places where you can catch more than you bargained in five minutes!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 03:11:33 am »
   Ended just as I would have expected a bleep to end it, a dig on Texas!

So until mid-March, if you want to catch some crabs, just head on over to Texas.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:56:47 pm by Mod1 »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2017, 04:34:03 am »

So they closed all the whorehouses and brothels for a month in the Pelican State?

Did they hand out chastity belts to the bar sluts and padlocked zippers to the gigalo whores until after Lent is over?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 07:33:19 am »
but but.... what about the shrimp...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:34:46 am »
When's Spring Break? Sounds like an ideal destination now ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:02:34 am »
Last I checked, you'd have to be pretty desperate to catch crabs in LA. Ain't nothing good down there.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 07:17:54 pm »
On that note, best crabs anecdote I've ever heard:

This was about 10 years ago. Work buddy went to another buddy's bachelor party, which was held in a local small town with a bunch of crappy dive bars and strip clubs with really skanky strippers. So they're all at the strip club, and as a present they buy him a lap dance from the stripper on stage at the time.

All is good, then suddenly the groom-to-be's eye starts getting very irritated. It starts swelling up and pretty soon it's fully exploded into a red nasty mess that he can barely see out of.

He has to be taken to the hospital, where it is found that the stripper had crabs, and one of them jumped from her to his eye, where it proceeded to shred the crap out of it.

True story. So remember boys, go to the nasty strip clubs - wear your protective goggles.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 07:18:55 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 07:52:16 pm »

This was about 10 years ago. Work buddy went to another buddy's bachelor party, which was held in a local small town with a bunch of crappy dive bars and strip clubs with really skanky strippers. So they're all at the strip club, and as a present they buy him a lap dance from the stripper on stage at the time.

All is good, then suddenly the groom-to-be's eye starts getting very irritated. It starts swelling up and pretty soon it's fully exploded into a red nasty mess that he can barely see out of.

He has to be taken to the hospital, where it is found that the stripper had crabs, and one of them jumped from her to his eye, where it proceeded to shred the crap out of it.

True story. So remember boys, go to the nasty strip clubs - wear your protective goggles.

And how did the blushing bride take this story?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 07:55:49 pm »
And how did the blushing bride take this story?

That I never heard. Also don't know if the wedding was the next day or not, but the guy's eye was pretty messed up I guess.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 09:14:22 pm »

For future reference, how far can a crab jump?