Author Topic: Texas hunters who claimed they were shot by 'illegal aliens' shot each other, authorities say  (Read 1631 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hunting guides Walker Daugherty and Michael Bryant were leading a hunting party in southern Texas in early January, when they claimed immigrants illegally crossed the nearby Mexico border, converged on their camp in the middle of the night and tried to rob them.....

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/texas-hunters-who-claimed-they-were-shot-illegal-aliens-shot-each-other-authorities-say/jMXYRodqgB9S2M1GRNcLBN/

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I wonder what their FreeRepublic usernames are?

Offline ABX

Looks like they had a good scam going on to exploit the illegal immigration news. Walker Daugherty alone raised over $26K on a GoFundMe account.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-for-walker-daugherty

Offline ABX

Just googled it. On a thread, one freeper claims to know them and defended them saying it is a conspiracy by the sheriff against them. That, in spite of the family releasing a statement apologizing for it.  (only posting because this is claiming to be a character witness to the parties and thus, part of the story).

If everyone wants to believe the same sheriff who allowed Supreme Court Justice Scalias death uninvestigated and for him to be sent home without an autopsy then by all means, believe the Sheriff. Or believe me, I know these men, they are not drinkers, not untrained both are safety certified, they are not yahoos or liars. They are the son and son in law of my pastor. What they did was go to a chaotic situation where their client was clearly under duress. not knowing what was happening but based on the post Kathy posted could have been an attack on the hunters. This is what they believed. Walker is still in the hospital he is extremely fragile and we are all praying he makes it through this disaster. He does not have Michael’s bullet in his chest I have seen the xrays. There is no evidence they shot each other. The sheriff will claim they do all this intense investigation, but nobody showed for hours after the incident, and there was plenty of time to leave the area. We who know them believe them, we believe the Sheriff and the backpackers in the area want this outfitter out of the area permanently. You guess why that is. Do we really want to file felony charges against decent men who only attempted to run to the aid of someone they believed was in deadly trouble? Is that the kind of precedence we need to set?

13 posted on 2/19/2017, 8:34:32 PM by Laurie
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:26:33 pm by AbaraXas »

geronl

hoaxes are very common

Was this the Bolinas Border Watch?

Offline Suppressed

If I get it right, the sheriff is saying that one guide shot the client, and another guide shot the first guide.  That is, not "each other".

Am I understanding it right?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:14:36 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

If I get it right, the sheriff is saying that one guide shot the client, and another guide shot the first guide.  That is, not "each other".

Why am I not surprised the headline is wrong?

Offline ABX

They probably meant each other as part of the same group with the same plan, not specifically x shoots y and then y shoots x.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Just googled it. On a thread, one freeper claims to know them and defended them saying it is a conspiracy by the sheriff against them. That, in spite of the family releasing a statement apologizing for it.  (only posting because this is claiming to be a character witness to the parties and thus, part of the story).

Figures, a bunch of goobers get into a fight and Freeptards want to turn it into a conspiracy.

Offline endicom

I'm disappointed to not see that alcohol was involved.

Offline Suppressed

Sez who?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline rodamala

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Not sure who was the Guide and who was the Client.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:31:20 pm by rodamala »

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand

I think by law if you are road hunting at night you are required to consume alcohol.

You want to be in a somewhat relaxed state if you're sitting on the hood of an El Camino with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  When something moves in the bushes you need to calmly toss your smoke, put the beer can between your legs and grab the gun that is sitting on your lap.  One smooth motion.

The last thing you want is some stone cold sober greenhorn getting all herky jerky on you.  The sonofabitch might shoot somebody.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think by law if you are road hunting at night you are required to consume alcohol.

You want to be in a somewhat relaxed state if you're sitting on the hood of an El Camino with a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other.  When something moves in the bushes you need to calmly toss your smoke, put the beer can between your legs and grab the gun that is sitting on your lap.  One smooth motion.

The last thing you want is some stone cold sober greenhorn getting all herky jerky on you.  The sonofabitch might shoot somebody.
Having alcohol in the bloodstream assists in the anxiety when shot.  Natural sedative.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Not sure who was the Guide and who was the Client.

You shouldn't have used that picture.