Author Topic: BREAKING: CPAC rescinds Milo Yiannopoulos invitation, citing pro-pedophilia comments  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Rivergirl

Re: Milo Yiannopoulos responds to critics over CPAC speaking invite
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2017, 07:15:30 pm »
There is NOTHING the tRump defenders won't support.
Remember all those women coming forward and saying they believed Bill Clinton.
That same mentality is alive and well in the so called republican party.

Offline LonestarDream

I've seen him on TV several times.  He's made a name for himself mostly by being prevented from speaking by a nutty mob.

Who says mobs never do any good?  Not Milo.  He's definitely a self=created personality but I didn't realize he had such a dark side.

Milo is just yuk.   No.
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline UMichConservative

With all that has happened in the past couple of years, I have come to realize that there is something seriously sick with the current "conservative" movement. Take a gander over at FR concerning this Milo issue to see how bad the cancer has spread.

Offline corbe

This gives me hope that the GOP does not want to rattle the Conservative cage very much, at this point we will be relegated to 'disregard' status, soon enough, again.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
As a reminder, Milo was also given White House press credentials and is now part of that pool.  I wonder if those will be revoked.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/far-right-writer-milo-yiannopoulos-attend-white-house-briefing-article-1.2963188

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
As a reminder, Milo was also given White House press credentials and is now part of that pool.  I wonder if those will be revoked.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/far-right-writer-milo-yiannopoulos-attend-white-house-briefing-article-1.2963188

Perhaps, if Boy Scout Troop 1600 met in the basement.   

I would think they'll let his fifteen minute clock continue to run until he brings shame to the WH press room.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I don't understand why he would be invited in the first place

He was invited because of the only thing that matters. He loves Daddy Donald.

Offline corbe

There is some Mythology to this Madness.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The Left took control of CPAC years ago. Lest we forget that every year now they are trying to get Milo or the log cabin republicans or some muslims on board. It doesn't matter they have to rescind. What matters is they try to begin with.

The left infiltrated the TEA Party via the RINOs and now they got CPAC. It's historically what they do. Disrupt/destroy from within. Look how many people on this very board were barking about principle being the problem and several years of 'no matter what' situational ethics.

Thats not conservatism. Thats textbook leftist doctrine.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:13:30 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Exactly! WTF is wrong with these people? Any right-thinking individual who has watched even 2 minutes of Milo knows this is someone with some serious issues, and not someone you want to stake the reputation of your organization on. Just because he gets the lefties riled up, doesn't mean he's a conservative. He's not. Matt Schapp should have his head examined for inviting this guy to speak.

On a positive note, I hope this will finally be the end of this guy. I am tired of seeing him out there feeding the media narrative on what a conservative is.

"Conservatives" aren't serious anymore, they only care about making liberal heads explode, not in serious policy.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Any right-thinking individual

Answered your own question.

They arent of the right.

Offline Victoria33

@geronl

Because he is Bannon's buddy on Bannon's website.  Both of them are sleazy characters.  I couldn't believe creep Milo was going to speak.  I saw one picture Milo put together of him in a bathtub with fake blood all over the tub and wall. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@geronl

Because he is Bannon's buddy on Bannon's website.  Both of them are sleazy characters.  I couldn't believe creep Milo was going to speak.  I saw one picture Milo put together of him in a bathtub with fake blood all over the tub and wall.

Yes people barely noticed it because it was right before the election but he bathed in pigs blood (real, not fake) for a "conservative art project".

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/10/08/milo-unveils-angel-mom-piece-at-new-york-art-show/

Offline r9etb

With all that has happened in the past couple of years, I have come to realize that there is something seriously sick with the current "conservative" movement. Take a gander over at FR concerning this Milo issue to see how bad the cancer has spread.

That's because what you're calling 'the current "conservative" movement' is in reality a populist movement.  Moreover, it is a populist movement that seems to yearn for personality-based leadership.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:27:03 pm by r9etb »

Offline endicom

Not Milo.  He's definitely a self=created personality but I didn't realize he had such a dark side.

I don't think the CPACkers did either.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't think the CPACkers did either.

Thats the problem with a lot of the so called right today. I can see Joe Average not knowing, but when you are part of a group called CPAC, there really is no excuse to not know who the people attaching themselves to your brand are.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Vulgar freak, never understood what people saw in him other than a useful tool for some conservatives to claim to be inclusive.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Norm Lenhart

Vulgar freak, never understood what people saw in him other than a useful tool for some conservatives to claim to be inclusive.
The 'right' simply saw the same thing the left does.A chance to 'win' through identity politics.

"Gay" didn't sell to the base before, so they tried to 'gay' the party via a supposedly popular personality. The base, growing more liberal by the year, partially bought what they were selling.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 08:38:15 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

No different than if Lena Dunham had said she liked Trump and gotten an invite to speak based on that alone.

Offline r9etb

"Some conservatives" like people who say outlandish things.

geronl

No different than if Lena Dunham had said she liked Trump and gotten an invite to speak based on that alone.

That is literally their only criteria for heroism

Offline ABX

Yes people barely noticed it because it was right before the election but he bathed in pigs blood (real, not fake) for a "conservative art project".

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/10/08/milo-unveils-angel-mom-piece-at-new-york-art-show/

Shortly after he really 'blew up' (phrasing) on the right, he pretty much came out and admitted all of his anti-PC/political shtick was just performance art to him.

Offline ABX

"Some conservatives" like people who say outlandish things.

And many, many, many more have completely lost the sense of discernment to see through games and 'performance art' and understand what trolling is.

I have seen (even up to this afternoon on Facebook), good old Christian grandmothers defend him and think he is just the sweetist, best thing.

Offline endicom

Thats the problem with a lot of the so called right today. I can see Joe Average not knowing, but when you are part of a group called CPAC, there really is no excuse to not know who the people attaching themselves to your brand are.

Can't argue with that. I see that CPAC has been around since 1973 so by now it should be much a grab-ass club for good old boys.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Shortly after he really 'blew up' (phrasing) on the right, he pretty much came out and admitted all of his anti-PC/political shtick was just performance art to him.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when he goes full Huffington and his fans are going to go even further left to avoid admitting they were wrong.