Author Topic: Anti-Trump activists plan to invade Congressional town halls this week - or shame members with cardboard cut-outs who won't attend  (Read 334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Anti-Trump activists plan to invade Congressional town halls this week - or shame members with cardboard cut-outs who won't attend 

A number of liberal groups, including President Barack Obama's Organizing for Action, are turning to training manuals created by Indivisible Guide
    Indivisible is a newer group, launched in December by former Congressional staffers, and is training activists using Tea Party tactics
    This week, while members of Congress are in their home districts, progressives plan to attend town halls and protest the repeal of Obamacare

By Nikki Schwab, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:48 EST, 19 February 2017 | Updated: 16:48 EST, 19 February 2017

Progressive activists continue to take a cue from the Tea Party movement with plans to funnel into town hall meetings this week while members of Congress are at home and make a ruckus.

Groups, including President Barack Obama's Organizing for Action, are turning to a newer organization, Indivisible Guide, to coordinate tactics.

Launched in December by former Congressional staffers, Indivisible is providing activists with training manuals, such as one that explains how to have a 'successful' town hall. 

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4239870/Anti-Trump-activists-invade-Congressional-town-halls.html#ixzz4ZAKbwIXL
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
On the other hand, Tom Reed, who is the congressman representing my area and who has continued a tradition of holding regular town halls that his predecessors Randy Kuhl and Eric Massa partook, has openly welcomed the protesters and engaged them in discussion.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/19/516064707/new-york-republican-rep-tom-reed-faces-angry-crowds-deep-in-trump-country
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024