Author Topic: Defense Sec. James Mattis on Pres. Trump calling the press the "enemy of the American people": "I don't have any issues with the press."  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I'm an ex journo. If the general public realized the level they were being lied to, you would not be concerned about protecting them. You;d be calling for lynchings. I have had editors come to my desk and tell me to change the freaking temperature in articles so as to not impact ads and regional tourism, stories on government bullshit spiked because the publisher was buddies with the pol involved and everything between.

There is no free press today. None. It is a complete illusion. Trump, for all his failings, is EDIT 100% right to take the media to task both barrels. Dictatorships areize because the press empowers them. The press is how the left makes inroads to the people.

Today, you have to trawl the net for bits and pieces of information to assemble whats actually true and what is complete crap. It sucks. It's a disaster waiting to happen and in fact it's happening/playing out now. It HAS been playing out fullscale at least since Clinton.

It is pathetically easy for the press to manipulate the news... ignore this, emphasize that and depend on the stupidity of a lot of people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I guess only one side is allowed to be offended anymore. Since they "won" their insuts are justified and not counted as such in their eyes.

What exactly is a snowflake?  I see the term tossed around a lot but what is the meaning and origin?  I gather it's intended to be an insult (and snowflakes are so pretty... and every one different)
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What exactly is a snowflake?  I see the term tossed around a lot but what is the meaning and origin?  I gather it's intended to be an insult (and snowflakes are so pretty... and every one different)

That's how I read it too...but I'd add precious and delicate to the description too.

Usually it's associated with colleges kids and Liberals who start feeling terrified of the real world from the moment they wake up.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

According to Know Your Meme, it originates from the movie Fight Club:

“You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake.”

Their definition:

Special Snowflake is a derogatory term widely used on Tumblr to describe someone who often whines about deserving special treatment or sees oneself as exceptionally unique for no apparent reason,
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:24:20 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink