Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: ‘The Media Did Not Make Donald Trump and They Can’t Destroy Him’  (Read 5331 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
LOL wanna bet they can't?  They're already hard at work trying to do just that. And he doesn't realize how he's helping them with the task.

I'll add something along the lines of this. I don't think they are working hard to destroy him. On the contrary, he is a ratings boom and the fights and rivalry helps both sides.
I think many want to weaken him as a President, but they need a foil as much as Trump needs  an enemy to personify for his followers.

If they really wanted to destroy him, they would be dismissive of him and stop giving him all but the most menial and necessary of attention. They would stop reporting on every tweet. They would treat him like he was insignificant.

What would really drive him mad, make him a secondary figure in every story out of the White House. Make it seem like Pence is the brains and make it all about him.

Twitter suspending or closing his account would also probably get at him too.

Right now, they are playing right to him and how he operates. He needs the rivalry and fight.

Offline mountaineer

I will never understand Trump's obsessions with trivialities.
You've identified exactly what's been bugging me about him. A president should be serious about serious things - and shouldn't waste his time nor energy on inconsequential matters.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'll add something along the lines of this. I don't think they are working hard to destroy him. On the contrary, he is a ratings boom and the fights and rivalry helps both sides.
I think many want to weaken him as a President, but they need a foil as much as Trump needs  an enemy to personify for his followers.

If they really wanted to destroy him, they would be dismissive of him and stop giving him all but the most menial and necessary of attention. They would stop reporting on every tweet. They would treat him like he was insignificant.

What would really drive him mad, make him a secondary figure in every story out of the White House. Make it seem like Pence is the brains and make it all about him.

Twitter suspending or closing his account would also probably get at him too.

Right now, they are playing right to him and how he operates. He needs the rivalry and fight.

And all of the unnecessary stuff he's doing right now...that meandering presser....thr problems with Mike Flynn the ethics questions...they will make great commercials for the DNC in the midterms. They will all get rehashed in a much different light by the MSM around that time too. They are selling him the rope he'll hang himself with if he doesn't wake up.

But then again he and his loyal followers won't look in the mirror for who is to blame if / when that happens.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goatprairie

Your avatar looks as cranky as you sound.  TOS despised Rush all through the campaign because Rush did not fawn on Trump and, in fact, made it pretty obvious that he preferred Ted Cruz.

Trump is now the Republican president and Rush is supporting him 100% ...not because they were golfing buddies (not sure that's true anyway) but because he has spent the first month trying to keep his campaign promises and nominating an excellent Supreme Court nominee and very good cabinet members.

That's kinda my stance also.  I could go on pointing out various Trump faults that I hated or I could support him as long as he does nothing to hurt the country and seems to be helping it.
You've got that wrong.....while he didn't dump on Cruz he did fawn all over Trump. I kept waiting for some criticism of The Donald from Rush, but all I got in that regard was "what about when the Dems did (name the offense)?" establishing a moral equivalence.  Limbaugh could not find anything to really criticize Trump on even when Trump smeared his opponents. All just rough and tumble politics as usual according to Rush.
He finally let the cat out of the bag when he talked about his golf outings with Trump and about Trump showing him a suite in Trump Towers. It finally clicked for me.....Trump and Limbaugh were buddies. That explained everything. And so it continues.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Anyone who thinks Rush didn't sell out for Trump wasn't paying attention during the election.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline goatprairie

I remember the media going after Reagan when I was a kid.
Reagan got it worse than any Pubbie prez up to his time. Not even Nixon got the filth that was spewed at Reagan. And Reagan handled it all with ultimate equanimity not stooping to the level of the gutter media.  And he was the best, most effective president of the century.
So when the Trump sycophants go on about His Orangeness dishing it out to the media as if that accomplishes anything, how does that compare to Reagan who didn't jump into the gutter like Trump?  You don't have to wrestle in the mud with the press to be effective, you just have to be a good president. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:56:26 pm by goatprairie »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Reagan got it worse than any Pubbie prez up his time. Not even Nixon got the filth that was spewed at Reagan. And Reagan handled it all with ultimate equanimity not stooping to the level of the gutter media.  And he was the best, most effective president of the century.
So when the Trump sycophants go on about His Orangeness dishing it out to the media as if that accomplishes anything, how does that compare to Reagan who didn't jump into the gutter like Trump?  You don't have to wrestle in the mud with the press to be effective, you just have to be a good president.

All Reagan had to to in the end was smile and point to the election results.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You don't have to wrestle in the mud with the press to be effective, you just have to be a good president.

With respect, that is a rather large just.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I remember the media going after Reagan when I was a kid.

I remember it as an adult. The press/media will go after any Republican. They will explicitly call them fascist, Nazi, racist, etc.

What is surprising is how there are so-called "conservatives" on this site that do likewise.

The need to repeatedly point it out, seems to be unique to this site.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What is surprising is how there are so-called "conservatives" on this site that do likewise.

The need to repeatedly point it out, seems to be unique to this site.

And yet here you are.  By your estimation, it appears there are scads of sites that would love to hear words of wit.  Why would you want to reside with all these heathens?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Anyone who thinks Rush didn't sell out for Trump wasn't paying attention during the election.

Rush went out of his way to demonstrate he would NOT endorse a particular candidate, but rather observe and explain how Donald Trump was something different...something special...Secretariat and American Pharoah-level "special".

Yes, Rush did not attack Trump.  Or ridicule him.  Or call him out on his Conservative pedigree.

Eventually, he pointed out that virtually everything Trump has done so far....or is in the pile on his desk is, at a minimum, founded on and brought forth with Conservative principles.

He recognized early like some us here, that Trump should NOT be underestimated.

And of course, because Rush would alienate a lot of his audience if he appeared to leave Cruz at the altar...too early.    :laugh:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:00:58 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
And yet here you are.  By your estimation, it appears there are scads of sites that would love to hear words of wit.  Why would you want to reside with all these heathens?

Amazing that someone who repeatedly complains that this is a close minded anti Trump site is allowed to still post here.

The irony is staggering.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rush went out of his way to demonstrate he would NOT endorse a particular candidate, but rather observe and explain how Donald Trump was something different...something special...Secretariat and American Pharoah-level "special".

Yes, Rush did not attack Trump.  Or ridicule him.  Or call him out on his Conservative pedigree.

Eventually, he pointed out that virtually everything Trump has done so far....or is in the pile on his desk is, at a minimum, founded on and brought forth with Conservative principles.

He recognized early like some us here, that Trump should NOT be overestimated.

And of course, because Rush would alienate a lot of his audience if he appeared to leave Cruz at the altar...too early.    :laugh:

Thank you for proving my point.

I've was a Rush listener since the Rush to Excellence tours and the bake sale.

I was Limbaugh Letter subscriber and a 24/7 member for almost a decade.

I've listened to thousands of hours of Rush and read his words in two books.

Rush sold out.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:53:23 am by txradioguy »

Online corbe

@ Mar-a-lago

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Okay, then in order for you to prove me wrong, and yourself right:

Name the "conservatives" that are not also republicans? (answer, virtually none)
Do I not exist?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
   Great points, all @AbaraXas

Enough tumpsters traded in the small incremental gains for a dull orange sword in which to slice and dice immediately everything they proclaimed to be the enemy, they were never true Conservatives to begin with, so be it.
   Time to move on, 'you fight with the Army you have'...Rumsfeld

Nor are those Evangelical Yahoos priming for Armageddon and the Rapture and their do-nothing Messiah Conservatives ether.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thank you for proving my point.

I've was a Rush listener since the Rush to Excellence tours and the bake sale.

I was Limbaugh Letter subscriber and a 24/7 member for almost a decade.

I've listened to thousands of hours of Rush and read his words in two books.

Rush sold out.

Rush also shows great party loyalty, he has spoken highly of Bush while at the same times, dissing Bush but above all, Bush was a Republican per party label.

No sell out.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rush also shows great party loyalty, he has spoken highly of Bush while at the same times, dissing Bush but above all, Bush was a Republican per party label.

No sell out.

Again proving my point I said earlier.

Online corbe

Nor are those Evangelical Yahoos priming for Armageddon and the Rapture and their do-nothing Messiah Conservatives ether.

do-nothing Messiah Conservatives - that's code for Sen. Cruz followers, right @TomSea

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Okay ... I'll give it one more try.

What has Trump done (besides be Trump and we all know what that entails in terms of personality) to annoy you people so much?

Which of his cabinet appointments do you hate?

Do you think Gorsuch was a bad choice?

Do you think the travel ban was a bad idea?

Do you think trying to make the country a more friendly place for business is a no no?

I see people claiming to praise Trump when he does good things, but I don't see many actually doing it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Axeslinger

What has Trump done (besides be Trump and we all know what that entails in terms of personality) to annoy you people so much?

Do you think trying to make the country a more friendly place for business is a no no?

I see people claiming to praise Trump when he does good things, but I don't see many actually doing it.
@Emjay   Ok, I'll bite.  I like an awful lot of trump has done so far and I've been exceedingly surprised at his attempting to follow thru on some of the stuff he said he would do during the campaign.   BUT, as I believe his quintessential flaw to be one of poor character, I fully expect him to wholly disappoint me and let conservatives down catastrophically.   But I am cautiously optimistic...heavy on the cautious, light on the optimistic.

How's that?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

In my defense, I know I can get off the rails at times with my criticism of Trump, but I can see good where good is and speak up @Emjay :

Politics / Re: Defense Sec. James Mattis on Pres. Trump calling the press the "enemy of the American people": "I don't have any issues with the press."
« on: Today at 03:13:14 PM »

Proving, once again, Trump hit this one (Mattis) out of the park and for that I am grateful and appreciative.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay   Ok, I'll bite.  I like an awful lot of trump has done so far and I've been exceedingly surprised at his attempting to follow thru on some of the stuff he said he would do during the campaign.   BUT, as I believe his quintessential flaw to be one of poor character, I fully expect him to wholly disappoint me and let conservatives down catastrophically.   But I am cautiously optimistic...heavy on the cautious, light on the optimistic.

How's that?

Fair enough and I am basically in your camp.  I just get tired of the constant nit-picking and almost total absence of appreciation for what he's done so far.

Yes, he may well be a horrible disappointment down the line.  But why not wait until and if that happens?

I realized during my long convalescence that hate ... even Trump hate was not good for the soul.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

How's that?

I agree with this 100% but I just think that his character and personality flaws will be disastrous for the nation.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

How's that?
Case in point: Obamacare/ACA.

They could have had that debacle completely halted three weeks ago, and they're stalling. We knew Donald Trump didn't care about it, and he hasn't shown one iota that he does care, despite the opposition to Obamacare being the biggest reason why many of them have jobs.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024