Author Topic: NAACP Leader Balks At Idea Of Congressional White Caucus [VIDEO]  (Read 1106 times)

rangerrebew

NAACP Leader Balks At Idea Of Congressional White Caucus [VIDEO]
« on: February 18, 2017, 02:14:35 pm »
NAACP Leader Balks At Idea Of Congressional White Caucus [VIDEO]
Ian Mason
12:22 PM 02/17/2017

Cornell William Brooks, President and CEO of the NAACP, was at loss for words Thursday night as former Reagan adviser Jeffrey Lord injected a hypothetical Congressional White Caucus into a debate on CNN’s Anderson Cooper 360.

The racially charged exchange began during a discussion of President Trump having asked an African-American reporter from a black-focused new radio outlet if she knew the leadership of the Congressional Black Caucus.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/17/naacp-leader-balks-at-idea-of-congressional-white-caucus-video/#ixzz4Z2vUv9M0

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: NAACP Leader Balks At Idea Of Congressional White Caucus [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 02:17:26 pm »
I'm on Lord's side on this one. CBC is ridiculous.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 02:30:11 pm »
   Why not, we now have the Stoners Caucus.

Just how mainstream is marijuana? There’s now a “Congressional Cannabis Caucus.”

Christopher Ingraham 
 February 17 at 3:23 PM 

Time to dispel any doubts you may still have that marijuana reform is truly a mainstream political issue. This week, a bipartisan group of U.S. representatives formed the first-ever "Congressional Cannabis Caucus" to work on legislation related to marijuana legalization and regulation.

Democrats Earl Blumenauer of Oregon and Jared Polis of Colorado teamed up with Republicans Dana Rohrabacher of California and Don Young of Alaska to form the caucus. Not coincidentally, all four representatives hail from states where recreational marijuana use is legal.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/17/just-how-mainstream-is-marijuana-theres-now-a-congressional-cannabis-caucus/?utm_term=.bdbc43e83a25

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 02:54:55 pm »
Get rid of all caucuses - black, lesbian, I don't give a shit.

Congress critters are elected to serve their district. Not their skin colour, sexuality or other special interest..
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 02:59:12 pm »
   Why not, we now have the Stoners Caucus.

Just how mainstream is marijuana? There’s now a “Congressional Cannabis Caucus.”

Christopher Ingraham 
 February 17 at 3:23 PM 

Time to dispel any doubts you may still have that marijuana reform is truly a mainstream political issue. This week, a bipartisan group of U.S. representatives formed the first-ever "Congressional Cannabis Caucus" to work on legislation related to marijuana legalization and regulation.

Democrats Earl Blumenauer of Oregon and Jared Polis of Colorado teamed up with Republicans Dana Rohrabacher of California and Don Young of Alaska to form the caucus. Not coincidentally, all four representatives hail from states where recreational marijuana use is legal.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/17/just-how-mainstream-is-marijuana-theres-now-a-congressional-cannabis-caucus/?utm_term=.bdbc43e83a25

This is more reasonable than forming a caucus based on skin color.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »

This is more reasonable than forming a caucus based on skin color.

I agree, a caucus based on an idea is perfectly reasonable...in concept. One based on an incidental physical characteristic is not just ludicrous, but also harmful to society as it divides us all into superficial categories. Let us all be judged...individually... by the "content of our character rather than the color of our skin"!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:17:49 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 03:25:19 pm »
Sorry, but I just want to laugh in the faces of the BLM/CBC/NAACP crowd. Their illustrious former President has been their undoing. His hellbent rush to get any kind of 'brown people' in this country for the libs demographic cleansing has only watered down the position of native blacks.

People no longer care about old grievances dredged up from the 60's when you got 200 ethnic groups from 100 countries now living here. They just seem shrill and self-important whiners anymore.
The Republic is lost.

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 03:27:44 pm »
Sorry, but I just want to laugh in the faces of the BLM/CBC/NAACP crowd. Their illustrious former President has been their undoing. His hellbent rush to get any kind of 'brown people' in this country for the libs demographic cleansing has only watered down the position of native blacks.

People no longer care about old grievances dredged up from the 60's when you got 200 ethnic groups from 100 countries now living here. They just seem shrill and self-important whiners anymore.

I don't understand why we have lionize has-beens from the 60's like John Lewis. Trump was 100% correct in his criticism of this loser. He hasn't done a goddamned thing for blacks since the 60's. Only enriched himself.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:02:38 pm »
There should only be one caucus, the ACC, American Citizens Caucus, period! If our representatives can't get behind that they need to resign and move to whatever country they want to put first, Africa, Mexico or the Central American hole of their choice, Asia, whatever. I am sick to death of the democrats dividing America by colors, I never once heard by parents refer to themselves as anything but Americans once they became citizens. They had and have pride in their ancestry and passed that to us, but first and foremost you are an American, or you are in the wrong damned country, screw the hyphenated!