Author Topic: John Bolton Slams Chuck Todd’s ‘Un-American’ Tweet: ‘The Media Is Not Entitled to Worship’  (Read 718 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

John Bolton Slams Chuck Todd’s ‘Un-American’ Tweet: ‘The Media Is Not Entitled to Worship’
Mediaite, Feb 17, 2017, Alex Griswold

Fox News commentator and former U.N. ambassador John Bolton tore into NBC News host Chuck Todd over a Thursday tweet calling President Donald Trump‘s attacks on the press “un-American.”

"I thought that tweet was one of the most foolish things I’ve seen from the media in a long time. That’s pretty low bar there,” Bolton said Friday on Fox’s Outnumbered.

“The media is not entitled to worship. It’s not entitled to respect as an institution. It is not entitled to deference by political leaders. It is entitled under the First Amendment to say what it wants to say; that’s it,” he continued.

“The opposition he faces is overwhelming from the establishment press,” said Bolton. “I think he is entitled to disagree with them. He’s not threatening them with any repressive measures, he’s not talking about censorship or prior restraint.”

“I think the press has a view of themselves that is unwarranted constitutionally…” Bolton concluded. “The notion that there is a quasi-religious role that they are pursuing is nonsense.”

More w/video:  http://www.mediaite.com/tv/john-bolton-slams-chuck-todds-un-american-tweet-the-media-is-not-entitled-to-worship/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“I think the press has a view of themselves that is unwarranted constitutionally…” Bolton concluded. “The notion that there is a quasi-religious role that they are pursuing is nonsense.”

:thumbsup2:    :thumbsup2:    :thumbsup2:

Offline skeeter

John wants the job. I kinda hope he gets it.

geronl

Neither is government or Trump

Online LMAO

Neither is government or Trump

True.

But the press seems to have a view of themselves that isn't shared by most Americans
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy