Author Topic: Donald Trump overturns law preventing companies dumping coal mining debris in streams and rivers  (Read 2628 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
President Donald Trump has put the brakes on a regulation blocking coal mining debris from being dumped into nearby streams.

Trump called the stream protection regulation a “job-killing rule” before he signed a measure to overturn it.

Lawmakers from coal-mining states stood close by, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (Republican-Kentucky), Senator Rand Paul (Republican-Kentucky), Senator Joe Manchin (Democrat-West Virginia) and Senator Shelley Moore Capito (Republican West Virginia).

Several coal miners and energy company executives also attended the White House signing ceremony.

Republicans and some Democrats argued that the rule could eliminate thousands of coal-related jobs. They said the rule also ignored dozens of existing federal, state and local regulations.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-coal-rivers-regulation-scrapped-law-a7584916.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

Great Article.   Fair and balanced. 

geronl

Just going to make him look bad.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yeah optics on this are tough but IMO environmental regulations are the business of state and local governments.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What I noticed is that craven coward Obama had his minions issue this rule in December, after Trump was elected.
What a POS.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Yeah optics on this are tough but IMO environmental regulations are the business of state and local governments.

Notice how they give Trump all the credit for signing a bill congress sent to him by congress. (H.J. Resolution 38)

Its the right way to do things but people need to acknowledge that the "do nothing" congress did their part here.

geronl

He undid a regulation. The headline gives him power he does not possess.

Oceander

Exactly

Wingnut

Exactly

You two need to get a room.