Author Topic: The EPA Cannot Be Reformed. It Needs To Be Abolished: Opinion: Congressman Matt Gaetz  (Read 964 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
dailycaller
Rep. Matt Gaetz 3:27 PM 02/17/2017

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/17/the-epa-cannot-be-reformed-it-needs-to-be-abolished/

[excerpt]

“What is a watershed assessment?” That’s what Edwin Henry wondered after the EPA suddenly and unexpectedly appeared on his farm in Blackman. His “environmental impact” was simply widening his cows’ drinking pond on his own property. No animals were harmed in the making of that pond—but Mr. Henry sure was. The damage: hundreds of thousands of dollars in compliance costs that didn’t help a single species or restore an acre of habitat. What a waste!

This happens every day across America. According to the Competitive Enterprise Institute, EPA compliance costs total more than three hundred billion dollars annually. More and more money is being spent in order to address smaller and smaller risks. The Office of Management and Budget rated the thirty least cost-effective regulations—the EPA created seventeen of them.

Unlike our environment, the EPA cannot be saved. One deputy stole nearly a million dollars. Others were busted for misusing funds to hire public relations consultants. The non-partisan Government Accountability Office found that the EPA was showing favoritism in awarding grants, not managing the performance of grants, and misappropriating funds intended for environmental restoration. Stanford fellow Dr. Henry Miller referred to the EPA as “relentlessly ideological, politicized, corrupt and incompetent.”
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Norm Lenhart

The only thing more destructive than the EPA is people who want it saved or reformed.

Offline dfwgator

geronl

The real pollution can be policed by the Dept of Interior, it doesn't need a separate agency that requires it to do crap to  justify its existence daily.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
As a cabinetmaker I cheer when another tree is harvested.

Trees are a replaceable asset.  New ones grow all the time.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
There's little the EPA does that couldn't be done by state or local governments or the people.

Optics on this one are tricky though

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer

I would say that the people in the forestry industry care more about forest health and sustainability than the nuts do.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

They're also a carbon sink, mean they absorb carbon.

Offline dfwgator

As a cabinetmaker I cheer when another tree is harvested.

Like Rush said, the most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Like Rush said, the most beautiful thing about a tree is what you do with it after you cut it down.

LOL!   You can see how the young snowflakes today would coil in horror, when their teacher quotes Rush Limbaugh.

Same holds true with his POV on man-made global warming.  He been saying is a hoax for 20 years.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald