Author Topic: Senate confirms Scott Pruitt for EPA chief amid last-minute drama  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Erin Kelly , USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — The Senate voted Friday to confirm Scott Pruitt to lead the Environmental Protection Agency despite a last-ditch effort by Democrats to delay the vote after a judge ruled that Pruitt must release about 3,000 emails relating to his communication with oil, gas and coal companies while he served as Oklahoma's attorney general.

The vote was 52-46 to confirm Pruitt. Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine voted against Pruitt's confirmation. Democratic Sens. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia joined the rest of the Republicans in voting to approve him.

An Oklahoma judge ruled late Thursday that Pruitt must turn over the first batch of emails by Tuesday, followed by the rest several days later. The Center for Media and Democracy, a liberal watchdog group, had asked the court to order the release of Pruitt's emails under the state's open records law.

But Republican leaders made it clear Friday morning that they intended to proceed with a confirmation vote.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/17/scott-pruitt-epa-confirmation-vote-senate/98039318/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate confirms Scott Pruitt for EPA chief amid last-minute drama
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:55:17 pm »
Best news I've heard all day! 

The EPA is another federal whore's nest in dire need of a good scrubbing if not complete elimination.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:01:56 pm »
   And with Perry at Energy, between these two we can be hopeful that we as a Country can finally achieve the original goal of the Department of Energy-reduce our reliance on foreign oil.  We need Storage Capacity and Refineries NOW, and the EPA of the past has been a major obstacle!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:05:25 pm »
EPA Stooges today.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 07:05:44 pm »

The EPA is another federal whore's nest in dire need of a good scrubbing if not complete elimination.

I like that he recognizes that EPA needs to get back to its core mission.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 07:06:54 pm »
   And with Perry at Energy, between these two we can be hopeful that we as a Country can finally achieve the original goal of the Department of Energy-reduce our reliance on foreign oil.  We need Storage Capacity and Refineries NOW, and the EPA of the past has been a major obstacle!!!

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:12:33 pm »
So, a net gain of one democrat coming over.  Very good, all things considered.  Perhaps the obstructionists' front is beginning to fracture?  Or is Schumer letting one or two of his sheep cast a conscience vote to lull constituents since they would most likely lose the vote anyways?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 07:18:12 pm »
Politicians have been talking a good bit about energy since around 1973 or so.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »
Let the purge of these gestapo type bureaucrats begin in earnest!!!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 08:54:11 pm »

Scott may actually be the first person to eliminate his own job.  Yay.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 08:54:54 pm »

right on, corbe.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »
Coming soon .... an EPA office near you!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2017, 09:35:43 pm »
Coming soon .... an EPA office near you!

From your keyboard to God's eyes.

What Might Be The Fate of EPA's Corrupt Science Advisory Panels?

http://junkscience.com/2017/02/what-might-be-the-fate-of-epas-corrupt-science-advisory-panels/#more-91177
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2017, 11:14:25 pm »
These hearings are showcasing the pompousness and depravity of the Democrats.   I saw it reported that AL Franken went to b ack of chamber and extended his middle digit at McConnell.

He then accused McConnell of slandering colleagues like Warren had done.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:15:01 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington