Author Topic: Jake Tapper Goes Off On Trump After Presser: ‘Get to Work and Stop Whining’  (Read 2311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jake Tapper Goes Off On Trump After Presser: ‘Get to Work and Stop Whining’
by Justin Baragona | 3:09 pm, February 16th, 2017

Following a truly remarkable press conference by President Donald Trump, CNN’s Jake Tapper weighed in on what we had all witnessed. And he didn’t pull any punches.

“Everybody at home needs to ask themselves how would you react if that were your boss coming in and giving a speech to the employees,” Tapper noted. “How would you react if that was somebody in your family that you were trying to have a conversation with? You would think this is very difficult to assess in a positive way.”

more w/video
http://www.mediaite.com/online/jake-tapper-goes-off-on-trump-after-presser-get-to-work-and-stop-whining-about-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Jake Tapper Goes Off On Trump After Presser: ‘Get to Work and Stop Whining’
by Justin Baragona | 3:09 pm, February 16th, 2017

Following a truly remarkable press conference by President Donald Trump, CNN’s Jake Tapper weighed in on what we had all witnessed. And he didn’t pull any punches.

“Everybody at home needs to ask themselves how would you react if that were your boss coming in and giving a speech to the employees,” Tapper noted. “How would you react if that was somebody in your family that you were trying to have a conversation with? You would think this is very difficult to assess in a positive way.”

more w/video
http://www.mediaite.com/online/jake-tapper-goes-off-on-trump-after-presser-get-to-work-and-stop-whining-about-it/

Somebody tell Jake its just not about him.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98

Offline Norm Lenhart

Points to ponder:

*Hit dogs howl, Jake.

* These propagandists only have jobs and a platform because people value watching their TV shows more than their country. Stop financing the left's assault on America via your cable/dish bill or sit silently. The problem could be ended if people gave up the stupid box but they won't.

* No one ever died for a lack of Television. There is no excuse.

Offline cato potatoe

“Everybody at home needs to ask themselves how would you react if that were your boss coming in and giving a speech to the employees,why they are being lectured by an angry nerd on CNN” Tapper noted.

Offline kevindavis007

I can't see where he is wrong..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Suppressed

...because he's exactly right.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

...because he's exactly right.

For what it's worth.  Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Allow me to explain:

"“Everybody at home needs to ask themselves how would you react if that were your boss coming in and giving a speech to the employees,” Tapper noted.

Reporters arent employees of the government. So on it's face the comparison in nonsensical and a strawman. Further, if they WERE his employees and they took issue with the boss, they would then have the opportunity to seek employment at another company.

“How would you react if that was somebody in your family that you were trying to have a conversation with? You would think this is very difficult to assess in a positive way.”"

As above, reporters are not the family of the president and as such the comparison is again, nonsensical and a strawman. Further, It's not for Jake Tapper to 'think' on behalf of anyone but Jake Tapper. Being a former journo myself, I can tell you unequivocally that his job of the reporter is to be an unbiased conduit of the news. Not an iota more.

What Tapper and the rest have done is become ADVOCATES of a certain view and that isn't in the job description of a reporter in a free press. That is a wholly different thing than they are supposed to be doing and as such, do a disservice to their viewership/readership.

As for Trump, if he rants and raves 24/7 like a bloody lunatic wearing clown shoes and ladies perfume, Tappers job is to report he did it. No more, no less. It's the job of Congress to impeach if they believe his actions rise to that level or barring that, the voters job to vote against him in 3.9 years...or not.

So no matter how you look at it, Tapper was 100% in the WRONG as are his fellow agendists.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 02:05:03 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Allow me to explain:

"“Everybody at home needs to ask themselves how would you react if that were your boss coming in and giving a speech to the employees,” Tapper noted.

Reporters arent employees of the government. So on it's face the comparison in nonsensical and a strawman. Further, if they WERE his employees and they took issue with the boss, they would then have the opportunity to seek employment at another company.

“How would you react if that was somebody in your family that you were trying to have a conversation with? You would think this is very difficult to assess in a positive way.”"

As above, reporters are not the family of the president and as such the comparison is again, nonsensical and a strawman. Further, It's not for Jake Tapper to 'think' on behalf of anyone but Jake Tapper. Being a former journo myself, I can tell you unequivocally that his job of the reporter is to be an unbiased conduit of the news. Not an iota more.

What Tapper and the rest have done is become ADVOCATES of a certain view and that isn't in the job description of a reporter in a free press. That is a wholly different thing than they are supposed to be doing and as such, do a disservice to their viewership/readership.

As for Trump, if he rants and raves 24/7 like a bloody lunatic wearing clown shoes and ladies perfume, Tappers job is to report he did it. No more, no less. It's the job of Congress to impeach if they believe his actions rise to that level or barring that, the voters job to vote against him in 3.9 years...or not.

So no matter how you look at it, Tapper was 100% in the WRONG as are his fellow agendists.

The media has always been biased.

Trump needs to grow up and be a president like so many before have done.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The media has always been biased.

Trump needs to grow up and be a president like so many before have done.

Not sure what that has to do with my points above. But I would note that after20 years of visiting online political boards, I remember a lot of the complainers singing a far different tune about the behavior the media displayed here toward politicians they personally approved of. 

Someone should explain the sudden shift in long held principle because to be honest, I'm at a loss. What it looks like is people being big fans of biased media because their hate of Trump is greater than their desire for honest reporting.

Offline Cripplecreek

Not sure what that has to do with my points above. But I would note that after20 years of visiting online political boards, I remember a lot of the complainers singing a far different tune about the behavior the media displayed here toward politicians they personally approved of. 

Someone should explain the sudden shift in long held principle because to be honest, I'm at a loss. What it looks like is people being big fans of biased media because their hate of Trump is greater than their desire for honest reporting.

I don't care what other things have been said, I've always held the stance that the media is biased so cowboy up and tough it out like a man.

I don't respect the whining of the big orange baby on the white house.

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't care what other things have been said, I've always held the stance that the media is biased so cowboy up and tough it out like a man.

No one is asking you to. However Trump obviously holds a different view. In 4 years America can vote on 4 more years of it or not. Neither of which justifies supporting the MSM's advocacy journalism.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Where's that old let Jake alone picture?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

More Jake butthurtness.

Jake Tapper‏ @jaketapper

A friend of Harward's says he was reluctant to take NSA job bc the WH seems so chaotic; says Harward called the offer a "shit sandwich."
4:22 PM · Feb 16, 2017 from Washington, DC
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Points to ponder:

*Hit dogs howl, Jake.

* These propagandists only have jobs and a platform because people value watching their TV shows more than their country. Stop financing the left's assault on America via your cable/dish bill or sit silently. The problem could be ended if people gave up the stupid box but they won't.

* No one ever died for a lack of Television. There is no excuse.

Jake is used to being pampered and adored.  It hurts when you find out that some people just don't like you.  That's Trump and many of the rest of us.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I'll explain.  Trump did get to work immediately.  He appointed excellent cabinet members, all of whom were torched and delayed by petulant dems.

Did Jake ever criticize these childish and useless delaying actions by the dems?  Let me see.... don't think so.

Trump has made strides to implement all the campaign promises he was elected on.

The problem is that Jake and most of the liberal media don't like it.

I'm not a big Trump fan... in fact, I was almost in the NeverTrumper category.  But I have changed.  I've seen him overcoming (for the most part) his personal failings and doing the right thing.

He's a far better president than I expected him to be and I'm on his side for now.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Jake Tapper Goes Off On Trump After Presser: ‘Get to Work and Stop Whining

I find it quite funny that Trump nailed exactly what they would do in the press conference!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

What's the difference between Cowboying Up and curling up in a fetal position?

It's about time the press got someone in their face even if it was Trump.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Tapper.

I'm viewing it more with the great pleasure I feel when I witness my boss getting a new arsehole ripped by his boss.

You lot in the media have set yourself up as arbiters and kingmakers - you ain't. You are talking heads.

So take your own advice. Shut up, stop whining, and put your own damned house in order.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

What's the difference between Cowboying Up and curling up in a fetal position?

It's about time the press got someone in their face even if it was Trump.

You're just a member of the mob too busy going along to waste time with thinking.

It amazes my how stupid you simpletons have become in your desperate desire to be accepted by your peers.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
You're just a member of the mob too busy going along to waste time with thinking.

It amazes my how stupid you simpletons have become in your desperate desire to be accepted by your peers.

Absolutely. They live by the hive-mind and cannot say what they think, for fear of being called a "liberal". And they want another echo-chamber in here like FreeRepublic.

Offline Cripplecreek

Absolutely. They live by the hive-mind and cannot say what they think, for fear of being called a "liberal". And they want another echo-chamber in here like FreeRepublic.

They all agree that it excites them and anyone who asks what good it does is a traitor.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Tapper.

I'm viewing it more with the great pleasure I feel when I witness my boss getting a new arsehole ripped by his boss.

You lot in the media have set yourself up as arbiters and kingmakers - you ain't. You are talking heads.

So take your own advice. Shut up, stop whining, and put your own damned house in order.

Harumph!  That'll be the day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien