Author Topic: McConnell: Trump making it 'harder' to achieve his own goals  (Read 1233 times)

Offline corbe

McConnell: Trump making it 'harder' to achieve his own goals
« on: February 15, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »
McConnell: Trump making it 'harder' to achieve his own goals

By Mark Hensch - 02/15/17 02:27 PM EST 

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says President Trump’s public remarks and tweets are complicating his ability to enact his agenda.

“[It’d be] 10 to 15 points higher if he allowed himself to stay on message,” McConnell told the Weekly Standard Wednesday, referencing Trump’s approval rating. "What he’s saying makes everything harder. [They make it] harder to achieve what you want to achieve.”

McConnell said he had repeatedly urged Trump to tone down his rhetoric, especially on his Twitter account.
“He doesn’t always take my advice,” he said, noting the president is the “most criticized person in the world.”

“[He should not] respond to criticism,” McConnell added.

He said he does not object to Trump’s tweets but “what you say with the tweet” instead. McConnell said Trump creates a “theater aspect” when he publicly tackles certain issues, creating fodder for the media “on a daily basis.”

The Kentucky senator insisted he has “a really good relationship” with Trump despite his remarks, citing an hour they spent together at the White House last week.

Trump has repeatedly used Twitter as a medium for attacking opponents, ranging from political opponents to celebrities.

The president earlier Wednesday blasted the “fake news media” on Twitter following reports that aides with his 2016 campaign were repeatedly in touch with senior Russian intelligence officials.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/319714-mcconnell-trump-makes-own-goals-harder

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Re: McConnell: Trump making it 'harder' to achieve his own goals
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 11:39:57 pm »
I have zero problem with Trump criticizing the media via Twitter, if he does so intelligently and at the same time provides useful information omitted by the MSM. He does seem to be dialing back the juvenile insults.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 11:44:13 pm »
Repeat after me folks:

"We have to elect them no matter what"

Any republican is better than a Democrat"

"Principle/principled people are the problem"

"I am not responsible for my vote/who I support"

Repeat every 4 years as you have been. Just don't complain about the hell you brought on yourselves and the country by doing it.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 11:49:18 pm »
Repeat after me folks:

"We have to elect them no matter what"

Any republican is better than a Democrat"

"Principle/principled people are the problem"

"I am not responsible for my vote/who I support"

Repeat every 4 years as you have been. Just don't complain about the hell you brought on yourselves and the country by doing it.

Not this time nor any time in the future.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 11:55:16 pm »
Not this time nor any time in the future.

BUT YOU MUST!!!

If you don't, the special snowflake set will tell you you hate America and love Obama and Hillary!!!

Now you listen to your betters young man. Pragmatism and situational ethics are the correct guides for voting. It's a lesser evil. No matter what. Because reasons.

(This moment of propaganda sponsored by the RNC Left and the supreme idiots that elect them)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 11:56:12 pm »
McConnell said he had repeatedly urged Trump to tone down his rhetoric, especially on his Twitter account.
“He doesn’t always take my advice,” he said, noting the president is the “most criticized person in the world.”

Yeah Turtle, because everyone is looking for advice from a corrupt do nothing clown like you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 11:59:11 pm »
   Now that Elaine's got at gig at Transportation she has given him his balls back, he's been front and center  more so than usual recently.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 12:24:43 am »
   Now that Elaine's got at gig at Transportation she has given him his balls back, he's been front and center  more so than usual recently.

No, he just has someone upsetting his liberal apple cart and he don't like it one bit. Plus, I'm sure Schumer called him and got on him to get Trump under control as Trump was making some progress.

geronl

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:27:51 am »
"own goals" are  a bad thing, btw

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 12:30:26 am »
No, he just has someone upsetting his liberal apple cart and he don't like it one bit. Plus, I'm sure Schumer called him and got on him to get Trump under control as Trump was making some progress.

Mitch senses Trump's vulnerability now and sees his chance to re-assert his brand of "leadership".

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 12:54:26 am »

Because McConnell is fashioning himself the leader of the "loyal opposition" - meaning when he fulfills his role of serving the Leftist Oligarchy in ridding the nation of Trump (now that he thinks he has successfully killed the Tea Party) - he expects a seat at their table.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 02:12:20 am »
The turtle is 100% correct.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 02:14:47 am »

Yeah Turtle, because everyone is looking for advice from a corrupt do nothing clown like you.

Even a stopped clock gets the time right twice a day.  He's got it right on this one.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 11:37:04 am »
Even a stopped clock gets the time right twice a day.  He's got it right on this one.

Yeah he's right this time. Decent people know this.

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
Yeah he's right this time. Decent people know this.

We're not dealing with decent people.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:51 am »
I agree with McConnell on one count - “[He should not] respond to criticism”.

But I'm all in on Trump hammering the media early and often.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 11:46:35 am »

We're not dealing with decent people.

It was wrong of Mitch McConnell to lie to the American people about overturning Obamacare and it was wrong of Donald Trump to attack Ted Cruz for telling the truth about McConnell's lie. Decent people recognized the difference between right and wrong.

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 11:48:28 am »
It was wrong of Mitch McConnell to lie to the American people about overturning Obamacare and it was wrong of Donald Trump to attack Ted Cruz for telling the truth about McConnell's lie. Decent people recognized the difference between right and wrong.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:23 pm »
Because McConnell is fashioning himself the leader of the "loyal opposition" - meaning when he fulfills his role of serving the Leftist Oligarchy in ridding the nation of Trump (now that he thinks he has successfully killed the Tea Party) - he expects a seat at their table.

...hmm I thought McConnell already had a seat at their table.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 06:13:32 pm »
McConnell is right
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”