Author Topic: Hillary Clinton should absolutely not run for president in 2020. And Democrats should stop her if she tries.  (Read 727 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A Washington Post story I figured no one would mind.

There's a purposely provocative piece in Politico magazine this week that aims to make the case that Hillary Clinton is going to run for president for a third time in 2020. Citing the scaling back of the Clinton Global Initiative and her plans to write a seventh book as evidence, Matt Latimer concludes: “Yes, barring some calamity, Clinton is running. And this brave columnist will go one step further. Not only will Clinton run again, she has an excellent shot at getting the Democratic Party nomination again.”

Wrong. And not just wrong on Clinton running again. But wrong on the fact that if she runs she could or would have the inside track on the Democratic nomination.

Let's take it piece by piece.

First, the idea that Clinton is angling to run again.

Ask yourself a simple question: Why?

Clinton has now lost twice in runs for the White House. And they were defeats of the devastating variety.

In 2008, Clinton was not only seen as the clear favorite but, up until December 2007, it looked like she would cruise to the nomination as then-Sen. Barack Obama struggled to energize his supporters. Fast forward a few months and it was clear that Clinton was going to lose on delegates alone, but she chose to slug it out all the way until June before bowing to the inevitable.

Then came 2016 when Clinton, again, was seen as the clear favorite for not only the Democratic nomination but also the White House. The Democratic field was significantly less talented than eight years prior, but Clinton was unable to put them away, and Bernie Sanders pushed the nomination all the way to the bitter end. In the general election, Clinton was regarded as a massive favorite against Donald Trump who did, literally, the opposite of what every seasoned campaign aide told him to do for the duration of the campaign. He was engulfed by a scandal regarding sexist comments caught by an “Access Hollywood” mic. She drastically outspent him everywhere. Polling showed she would win easily. And she lost.

One loss like that would be more than enough for most politicians. Two is approaching Greek tragedy levels.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/13/hillary-clinton-should-absolutely-not-run-for-president-in-2020-and-democrats-should-stop-her-if-she-tries/

The comments are rather amusing too.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

Please Lord, don' trow me into dat dere brer patch!

Offline libertybele

Oh, I would love to see the Beast lose again.  I think for her to have the reputation of a 3 time loser would be divine!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

She has a strong platform to run from. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
She won't run and wouldn't win the nomination if she did.

After Maddow's nutty fantasy of Clinton becoming president in a special election today, liberals were all over her telling her to drop the Clinton presidency fantasy.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
How are they going to keep her alive for the next 4 years?  Hook her up to Keith Richards for a monthly blood transfusion?