Author Topic: Ted Cruz Introduces Two-Page Bill To Abolish Warren’s Consumer Agency  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

Ted Cruz Introduces Two-Page Bill To Abolish Warren’s Consumer Agency
Photo of Thomas Phippen
Thomas Phippen
Author
9:56 AM 02/15/2017

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz introduced a two-page bill Tuesday to abolish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the darling of Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

The Repeal CFPB Act, which Cruz and four other Republican senators sponsored, would repeal the Consumer Protection Act of 2010, the part of the Dodd-Frank bill that created the CFPB and granted it sweeping authority over banks, money lenders and financial institutions.

“Don’t let the name fool you, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau does little to protect consumers,” Cruz said in a statement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/15/ted-cruz-introduces-one-line-bill-to-abolish-warrens-consumer-agency/#ixzz4YmMXUl8d

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Ted Cruz Introduces Two-Page Bill To Abolish Warren’s Consumer Agency
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:19:18 pm »
Ted Cruz Introduces Two-Page Bill To Abolish Warren’s Consumer Agency
Photo of Thomas Phippen
Thomas Phippen
Author
9:56 AM 02/15/2017

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz introduced a two-page bill Tuesday to abolish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the darling of Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

The Repeal CFPB Act, which Cruz and four other Republican senators sponsored, would repeal the Consumer Protection Act of 2010, the part of the Dodd-Frank bill that created the CFPB and granted it sweeping authority over banks, money lenders and financial institutions.

“Don’t let the name fool you, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau does little to protect consumers,” Cruz said in a statement.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/15/ted-cruz-introduces-one-line-bill-to-abolish-warrens-consumer-agency/#ixzz4YmMXUl8d

Without having seen the actual text of the bill, I hope it's in a form where the name of the agency to be abolished (or the name of the establishing legislation to be repealed) can be find-and-replaced with the names of other similar agencies/legislation so that a bunch of these can be eliminated.

Update:  Here's the actual text of the bill:

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/files/documents/Bills/20170214_S.370_CFPB.pdf
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:20:49 pm by Doug Loss »
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 07:20:14 pm »
Can't pass it soon enough to suit me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 09:57:16 pm »
Why two pages when one sentence would do just fine?