Author Topic: EmDrive: UK scientist claims 'new physics' explains galaxy rotation and theoretical space propulsion  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
EmDrive: UK scientist claims 'new physics' explains galaxy rotation and theoretical space propulsion
Mary-Ann Russon
International Business TimesFebruary 13, 2017

British physicist Dr Mike McCulloch, who previously used quantised inertia to explain how the controversial electromagnetic space propulsion technology EmDrive works, says that he has new evidence showing his theory can also explain galaxy rotation, which is one of physics' biggest mysteries.

McCulloch, a lecturer in geomatics at Plymouth University's school of marine science and engineering, says he now has even more evidence that his "new physics theory" about quantised inertia works, and that it makes it possible to explain why galaxies are not ripped apart without using theory of dark matter....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/emdrive-uk-scientist-claims-physics-190111061.html

@kevindavis
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
In short, its the dylithium crystals.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
In short, its the dylithium crystals.
I hope so. With the current understanding of physics it sounds too much like the picture below. Hopefully, there is an alternate understanding that allows us to really venture into space.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
EmDrive: UK scientist claims 'new physics' explains galaxy rotation and theoretical space propulsion
Mary-Ann Russon
International Business TimesFebruary 13, 2017

British physicist Dr Mike McCulloch, who previously used quantised inertia to explain how the controversial electromagnetic space propulsion technology EmDrive works, says that he has new evidence showing his theory can also explain galaxy rotation, which is one of physics' biggest mysteries.

McCulloch, a lecturer in geomatics at Plymouth University's school of marine science and engineering, says he now has even more evidence that his "new physics theory" about quantised inertia works, and that it makes it possible to explain why galaxies are not ripped apart without using theory of dark matter....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/emdrive-uk-scientist-claims-physics-190111061.html

@kevindavis

Well, the EM Drive still hasn't been proven to work at all, so explaining how it works is a bit premature.  But if it does, and his concept explains it, it would be worth considering as I've always felt that the whole "dark matter" idea is uncomfortably similar to the concept of "ether" as an cosmological requirement.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Joe Wooten

Well, the EM Drive still hasn't been proven to work at all, so explaining how it works is a bit premature.  But if it does, and his concept explains it, it would be worth considering as I've always felt that the whole "dark matter" idea is uncomfortably similar to the concept of "ether" as an cosmological requirement.

Agreed! Especially if it can seamlessly incorporate the parts of Einstein's special and general relativity theories that have been proven, and the Newtonian mechanics can be derived from it too.

Oceander

I agree that dark matter - and moreso dark energy - strike me as being too much like the ether that Einsteins theory destroyed.