Author Topic: Thousands march through Milwaukee to protest Sheriff David Clarke's crackdown on foreigners and his plans to deputize cops as immigration agents  (Read 861 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thousands march through Milwaukee to protest Sheriff David Clarke's crackdown on foreigners and his plans to deputize cops as immigration agents

Milwaukee County Sheriff Clark wants to turn sheriffs into immigration agents
    The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office said it hasn't sought that authority yet, but has left the door open to doing so
    Protesters fear Clarke's plan will result in mass deportations of immigrants

By Jordan Gass-Poore for Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 16:32 EST, 13 February 2017 | Updated: 19:57 EST, 13 February 2017

Thousands marched from Milwaukee's predominantly Hispanic south side to the downtown courthouse to protest an immigration crackdown by Sheriff David Clarke.

The demonstrators protested against his plans to deputize local law enforcement officers as federal immigration agents.

Busloads of demonstrators from about a dozen communities around Wisconsin arrived to join local protesters in the mile-long Day Without Latinos march. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4220964/Thousands-protest-Wisconsin-sheriffs-immigration-crackdown.html#ixzz4YcuCuewI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Norm Lenhart

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Protesters fear Clarke's plan will result in mass deportations of immigrants
Well, what are they doing with so many of them?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A lot of Muslims protesting too from the pictures.

Which to me is a red flag possibly meaning organization at a higher level.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I love all the people waving Mexican flags demanding things from America, also I wonder where the heck they parked all the busses that brought these folks in.