Author Topic: Oprah gives tape with Puzder abuse allegations to Senate  (Read 1016 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oprah gives tape with Puzder abuse allegations to Senate
« on: February 13, 2017, 11:50:59 pm »

By Burgess Everett and Marianne LeVine

02/13/17 03:56 PM EST

Updated 02/13/17 06:38 PM EST

Senators in both parties have viewed an episode of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" in which Labor Secretary nominee Andrew Puzder's former wife leveled allegations of physical abuse against him, according to sources familiar with the matter.

The decades-old video, which is not easily found, has been provided by the Oprah Winfrey Network, those sources said. The video has been provided to senators in a Capitol Hill office building, according to people who have seen it. OWN did not immediately comment for this story.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/susan-collins-andrew-puzder-oprah-tape-allegations-234964
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Oprah gives tape with Puzder abuse allegations to Senate
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 11:54:13 pm »

Having failed in recent tactics, Dems revert to "It's the seriousness of the charge".

I notice a lack of the word 'conviction'.

Offline beandog

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 11:59:37 pm »
I guess when we get done trashing Gen. Flynn we can start in on Puzder.   **nononono*

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:00:06 am »
Thanks Oprah, you big fat sow.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 12:01:42 am »
Isn't this Oprah the fat Liberal woman who shills weight loss products on TV?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 12:04:06 am »
I guess when we get done trashing Gen. Flynn we can start in on Puzder.   **nononono*

They are simply escalating the demonization of anyone not a Dem. If they cant win at the ballot box, they will ensure no one will want to run against them because it's not worth the bullshit the Dems throw around. Thus the Dems win by default.

TLDR: Nice life you have. Be a shame if someone ruined it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 12:04:33 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 12:04:32 am »
Isn't this Oprah the fat Liberal woman who shills weight loss products on TV?

Yes, every couple of years - she shills a new weight loss and loses about 50 pounds......then, as she gets fat again - they start stretching her picture on the cover of her magazine and strategically blocking her fat with props. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline beandog

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:08:36 am »
They are simply escalating the demonization of anyone not a Dem. If they cant win at the ballot box, they will ensure no one will want to run against them because it's not worth the bullshit the Dems throw around. Thus the Dems win by default.

TLDR: Nice life you have. Be a shame if someone ruined it.
The problem is it's not just Dems doing it.  It's our supposed own people doing it along with them.  We are becomming a lost cause.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:15:59 am »
The problem is it's not just Dems doing it.  It's our supposed own people doing it along with them.  We are becomming a lost cause.

You're right, and it's very sad to watch.   **nononono*

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 12:23:24 am »

Because 'our own people' aren't always who you imagine them to be. I can think of several of 'our own people' that disappeared entirely from this site after several months of sowing dissension and posting all manner of BS. If you look at the Alexa chart for FR, you'll see a massive drop in ranking and that India has disappeared off the map of traffic they have.

People interested in advancing conservatism will support conservatism where it happens. Liberals will obstruct conservatism from happening. Conservatives online have a huge blindspot when it comes to liberals. They think they are some exotic creature that exists 'somewhere else' and that the person they are used to seeing post on sites they frequent couldn't possibly be a leftist because they agree on a couple things. People are quick to discount the 'far more than a couple' things going the other way.
Because reasons I guess.

Offline beandog

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:28:25 am »
You're right, and it's very sad to watch.   **nononono*
I get that certain people do not like President the Donald, that's fine, but to set out to destroy decent people to satisfy some "I told you so" childishness is worse than sad.  It's sickening and I will have know part of it.  People need to get over themselves.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear it's going to happen so we are screwed.

Offline beandog

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:38:14 am »
Because 'our own people' aren't always who you imagine them to be. I can think of several of 'our own people' that disappeared entirely from this site after several months of sowing dissension and posting all manner of BS. If you look at the Alexa chart for FR, you'll see a massive drop in ranking and that India has disappeared off the map of traffic they have.

People interested in advancing conservatism will support conservatism where it happens. Liberals will obstruct conservatism from happening. Conservatives online have a huge blindspot when it comes to liberals. They think they are some exotic creature that exists 'somewhere else' and that the person they are used to seeing post on sites they frequent couldn't possibly be a leftist because they agree on a couple things. People are quick to discount the 'far more than a couple' things going the other way.
Because reasons I guess.
You'd think I would have learned from my experience at FR that things aren't always what they seem.  I somehow conned myself into believing that the people here that were not supporting President the Donald were doing so because they didn't believe he would do any of the things he said he was going to do.  Along with other things, that was my main problem with him.  It turns out, that a lot of those people weren't supporting him because they were afraid he was actually going to do the things he said.  I kind of got stuck between the people at FR who were ever adoring of him and some people here, who hate him just because it's fun too.  I don't know if I'm making any sense. :laugh:
Anyway, even though I am not a fan of President the Donald, I really want him to do well.  If he does well, we do well.  I'm not going to be a part of jumping on every little thing he does.