Author Topic: Trump Justice Department delivers CIA ‘Torture Report’ to federal court  (Read 695 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
 The CIA torture report released by Senate Intelligence Committee Chair Sen. Dianne Feinstein D-Calif., Dec. 9, 2014, is a damning indictment that accused the spy agency of inflicting suffering on prisoners beyond its legal limits and peddling unsubstantiated stories that the harsh questioning saved American lives. ASSOCIATED PRESS

By Carol Rosenberg

crosenberg@miamiherald.com

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVY BASE, Cuba

The Trump administration said on Friday it delivered to a federal court vault in Washington, D.C., a Justice Department copy of the so-called Senate Torture Report on the CIA’s secret prison network during the George W. Bush administration.

The Obama administration had balked at turning over a copy to any court.

But Acting Assistant Attorney General Chad A. Readler, who joined the Justice Department on Jan. 30 from the Jones Day firm, notified the court that “the government deposited for the Court Information Security Officers (CISOs) for secure storage a complete and unredacted electronic copy of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Committee Study of the CIA’s Detention and Interrogation Program.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article132126204.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/guantanamo/article132126204.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:47:08 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The "rats" are sniffing blood and sensing weakness, quite rightly I might add, so they were able to get this report even though both Obama and Bush were able to resist.

Another Trump failure.

Offline jpsb

The "rats" are sniffing blood and sensing weakness, quite rightly I might add, so they were able to get this report even though both Obama and Bush were able to resist.

Another Trump failure.

Was the request for the documents illegal?