Author Topic: Donald Trump 'will address a stadium crowd' when he visits Britain later this year and could hold his rally in the Brexit heartland of the Midlands  (Read 2543 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump 'will address a stadium crowd' when he visits Britain later this year and could hold his rally in the Brexit heartland of the Midlands
Daily Mail, Feb 11, 2017

Donald Trump will address a crowd at a stadium when he comes to Britain later this year, it was reported last night.

Proceeds from tickets for the rally would go to UK war veterans, according to a plan said to be under discussion by a source close to the new US President.

The Brexit heartland of the Midlands is one contender to host the rock star-style event, while London and Cardiff have also been mentioned as possible locations.

The suggestion comes after House of Commons Speaker John Bercow controversially told MPs that he would not allow Mr Trump to speak in Parliament on the upcoming State visit.

Mr Trump’s imposition of a travel ban on seven majority Muslim countries – since overturned by a US judge – has sparked widespread criticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4216138/Trump-address-stadium-crowd-visits.html#ixzz4YRKtb5xc

Offline Suppressed

Donald Trump 'will address a stadium crowd' when he visits Britain later this year and could hold his rally in the Brexit heartland of the Midlands
Daily Mail, Feb 11, 2017

Donald Trump will address a crowd at a stadium when he comes to Britain later this year, it was reported last night.

Proceeds from tickets for the rally would go to UK war veterans, according to a plan said to be under discussion by a source close to the new US President.

The Brexit heartland of the Midlands is one contender to host the rock star-style event, while London and Cardiff have also been mentioned as possible locations.

The suggestion comes after House of Commons Speaker John Bercow controversially told MPs that he would not allow Mr Trump to speak in Parliament on the upcoming State visit.

Mr Trump’s imposition of a travel ban on seven majority Muslim countries – since overturned by a US judge – has sparked widespread criticism.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4216138/Trump-address-stadium-crowd-visits.html#ixzz4YRKtb5xc

@Victoria33
This will feed his mental disorder nicely, which is good for us all.  Things are always better when his ego is being fed heartily!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline kidd

This is going to backfire on John Bercow.

Big time.

We learned from the election that Trump knows how to fire up a crowd.

Big time.

Agree!  I'd also like to see the President on every news show in Great Britain!   ^-^

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
@Victoria33
This will feed his mental disorder nicely, which is good for us all.  Things are always better when his ego is being fed heartily!

@Victoria33
Woo Hoo!  Time for amateur psychoanalyst hour!   

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline skeeter

Big time.

A stadium rally suits Trump as a venue alot better than Parliament.

A stadium rally suits Trump as a venue alot better than Parliament.

Deplorables unite!!    :laugh:

geronl

Trump didn't even know what Brexit was until after it happened, and he tried to take credit.

geronl

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump didn't even know what Brexit was until after it happened, and he tried to take credit.

For people who claim to hate globalism they sure spend a lot of time worrying what the rest of the world thinks.

Offline alicewonders

For people who claim to hate globalism they sure spend a lot of time worrying what the rest of the world thinks.

Brexit is not globalism.

Offline Suppressed

Woo Hoo!  Time for amateur psychoanalyst hour!   

@Victoria33 @alicewonders
Nah, I think psychoanalytical theory has limited value. 
I'm talking about the clearly evident mental illness he displays.

Note, I strongly state that someone isn't necessarily a bad person just because he's mental ill. An illness is an illness.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

If Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own Parliaments, why can't Britain?

Offline alicewonders

Note, I strongly state that someone isn't necessarily a bad person just because he's mental ill. An illness is an illness.

I'll take your expert opinion on mental illness, Dr. Suppressed, as I take other gibberish....with a grain of salt. 

Offline Victoria33

@Suppressed

I know what the Brits think of Trump as I have a connection there.  They couldn't believe this person won the election. He is a laughing stock there.  If the tickets aren't expensive, people will go to see the spectacle, to say they actually saw him in person.

Cardiff is not as populated as London, which is massive, so I doubt he will be in Cardiff unless it is calculated to stick him off in Cardiff.

Offline alicewonders

@Suppressed

I know what the Brits think of Trump as I have a connection there.  They couldn't believe this person won the election. He is a laughing stock there.  If the tickets aren't expensive, people will go to see the spectacle, to say they actually saw him in person.

Cardiff is not as populated as London, which is massive, so I doubt he will be in Cardiff unless it is calculated to stick him off in Cardiff.

Hmmm.  I also have a connection in Britain - my brother-in-law and his family.  They don't share your connection's opinion at all.  Talk about painting with a broad brush!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Hmmm.  I also have a connection in Britain - my brother-in-law and his family.  They don't share your connection's opinion at all.  Talk about painting with a broad brush!

Agreed, it was just another bitter thing we hear.

Nigel Farage and Trump are supportive of each other.

I'd say, it is more like a divide as we have in America.

I read a soccer forum from Great Britain routinely, many people like Trump.

Offline alicewonders

Agreed, it was just another bitter thing we hear.

Nigel Farage and Trump are supportive of each other.

I'd say, it is more like a divide as we have in America.

I read a soccer forum from Great Britain routinely, many people like Trump.

Cheers!   :beer:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
kidd wrote:
"This is going to backfire on John Bercow.
Big time."

Yup.
Would have been a lot "quieter" to have him address Parliament and be done with it.

Trump will almost certainly have Nigel Farage with him, with a main theme of the rally being Brexit.

The left loses again!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
If Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have their own Parliaments, why can't Britain?

England. You mean why can't England. A question I frequently ponder when the Sweaties put their oar in on local policies.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

@Suppressed

I know what the Brits think of Trump as I have a connection there. 

"A" connection and one knows what the Brits think of Trump.  Is that what folks in the psych trade would call  "delusions of grandeur" @Victoria33   :pondering:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"A" connection and one knows what the Brits think of Trump.  Is that what folks in the psych trade would call  "delusions of grandeur" @Victoria33   :pondering:

I know what the Brits think of the EU. Much to the surprise of "the establishment" and "mainstream media" they voted to get out.

A phenomenon much like Trump's election.

So just because somebody "feels like" they know moods, it may one's "opinion" is obsolete, due to changed circumstances.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

@Suppressed
@mystery-ak

My son has lived in London for 30 years and keeps up with politics there, what is happening in Parliament, reads the newspaper and naturally gets the news on the BBC and other channels.  He is a Director of Documentary films and makes documentary films for the BBC, is in and out of the BBC home office where their TV program studios are, and edits films in Cardiff, where the BBC has their editing division.  He also makes documentary films for other film companies there.  He is among the people continually due to his film business.  I traveled England for many years, and have English friends there.  My grandson was born there and now is in college in the states as he has dual citizenship.

The film son is presently working on is "Hitler's Gold".  That will be shown in this country on the History Channel or Discovery Channel.  He just finished "Hitler's Art".  The films are about art Hitler stole and gold he stole, and where it is now.

Offline alicewonders

@Suppressed
@mystery-ak

My son has lived in London for 30 years and keeps up with politics there, what is happening in Parliament, reads the newspaper and naturally gets the news on the BBC and other channels.  He is a Director of Documentary films and makes documentary films for the BBC, is in and out of the BBC home office where their TV program studios are, and edits films in Cardiff, where the BBC has their editing division.  He also makes documentary films for other film companies there.  He is among the people continually due to his film business.  I traveled England for many years, and have English friends there.  My grandson was born there and now is in college in the states as he has dual citizenship.

The film son is presently working on is "Hitler's Gold".  That will be shown in this country on the History Channel or Discovery Channel.  He just finished "Hitler's Art".  The films are about art Hitler stole and gold he stole, and where it is now.

Oh.  Well, that settles it then - I didn't know you had your finger on the pulse of Englishmen everywhere.  I defer to your omniscience.

/s