Author Topic: Trump vexed by challenges, scale of government  (Read 1163 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump vexed by challenges, scale of government
« on: February 11, 2017, 09:00:17 pm »
Being president is harder than Donald Trump thought, according to aides and allies who say that he’s growing increasingly frustrated with the challenges of running the massive federal bureaucracy.

In interviews, nearly two dozen people who’ve spent time with Trump in the three weeks since his inauguration said that his mood has careened between surprise and anger as he’s faced the predictable realities of governing, from congressional delays over his cabinet nominations and legal fights holding up his aggressive initiatives to staff in-fighting and leaks....

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/donald-trump-challenges-governing-presidency-234879

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Trump vexed by challenges, scale of government
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:25:11 pm »
Good for him. He is justified, in seeing the awful inefficiency, stifling bureaucracy, endless delays, and permanent "can't do" anything quickly attitude.

I served as Assistant to the VP Finance, of a Fortune 500 firm. When the VP Finance was out of the office, I was delegated to operate in his place.

One afternoon, the President called me to direct me to get signatures approving purchase of ten houses, in Calgary. They were desperately needed to facilitate high level engineer recruitments and transfers.

Normally paperwork for approval of capital investments had a set procedure, and it took some time.

When I hand carried the papers around, the mid-level staffers were not cooperative. They felt left out, and gone around. They resented not having those papers to reside in their inboxes, or on their desks for a few days.

That company President and President Trump JUST KNOW THINGS CAN BE DONE MORE QUICKLY. And they know most of the delays are not productive or even needed whatsoever.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 09:27:58 pm »
It is better to be a King like Obama.  But then we don't play that here when a gop'er is in the hot seat..

geronl

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »
The US government is not a sole proprietorship, it must really annoy him.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 10:05:10 pm »
Good for him. He is justified, in seeing the awful inefficiency, stifling bureaucracy, endless delays, and permanent "can't do" anything quickly attitude.

Thank the lord almighty that government is inefficient and slow. It should be dismantled back to its Constitutional limitations and made to do as little as possible.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 10:07:56 pm »
So eliminate the unneeded bureaucracy. Isn't that the path to success anywhere?

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 11:41:58 pm »
   It was obvious to me back on the campaign trail, anyone that eats KFC with a fork is easily vexed.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 11:45:44 pm »
   It was obvious to me back on the campaign trail, anyone that eats KFC with a fork is easily vexed.

Considering my last KFC 'dining' experience, I'm surprised he didn't need a chainsaw and a splitting maul. "Extra crispy" and "Fried to a brick" apparently have a similar sound to some fry cooks.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 11:55:08 pm »

Was it day two or three when Zero and his beard snuck out for ice cream complaining about hard hard it was to be POTUS?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 11:59:18 pm »
This article isn't as negative as people are making it out to be:

[size=1.125em]There are indications, however, that the new White House team is moving forward – and looking for reinforcements, among other ways to calm the waters.[/size]
[/size][size=1.125em]Trump's top aides and allies are frantically searching for help for Spicer in the form of a communications director, a demanding role Spicer has been juggling along with his press secretary duties.[/size]
[/size][size=1.125em]On Wednesday, some of Trump’s top advisers met with James Baker, a Republican Party statesman who was chief of staff in the Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush administrations, and talked things over.[/size]
[/size][size=1.125em]If the opening days of Trump’s presidency have been rocky and unconventional, many of his admirers aren’t bothered by it.[/size]
[/size][size=1.125em]“I'm not disappointed in the President's work so far - he operates like many great CEO's I know - and I hope he continues to manage the country in a manner worlds apart from the way we've seen in the past,” said Michael Caputo, who was a Trump campaign aide. “It's about time.”[/size]

geronl

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 12:04:21 am »
Considering my last KFC 'dining' experience, I'm surprised he didn't need a chainsaw and a splitting maul. "Extra crispy" and "Fried to a brick" apparently have a similar sound to some fry cooks.

Once we bought KFC at a tiny drive-thru only whatever and it was pretty much raw

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 12:14:21 am »
Once we bought KFC at a tiny drive-thru only whatever and it was pretty much raw

I used to love their chicken and gravy bowls. Then they started using something in them that tasted like pretty much gasoline to me. I have noticed that 'chemical' taste in several chain food places, along with some regular grocery store food over the last couple years. Little Debbie twinkies are REALLY bad with that.