Author Topic: Sears, Kmart drop 31 Trump Home items from their online shops  (Read 2728 times)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Sears, Kmart drop 31 Trump Home items from their online shops
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 10:51:18 am »
Seems strange to me these companies would go out of their way to alienate half of the country.

When the shareholder lawsuits start pouring in from all sides things will get interesting indeed.  Then you have the fiscal responsibilities of CEO's - some who have gone to jail for less in the past.

The times they are a changing.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 12:24:37 pm »
I'm not in business, nor do I know about the economy in depth, but why should Sears/KMart get political when they're financially dying?  ESPECIALLY when the clientele they sell to most likely do not oppose Trump.

It seems like a fiscally stupid decision, all things considered.....

Going to go contrarian:

Let's make the novel assumption Kmart is telling the truth - that the Trump Home line is not profitable for them. They should keep losing money regardless, just because the father of the brand owner has just become president? Shareholders would have words to say about that, too - strong words, ending in the president's catchphrase.

Screwed if they do, screwed if they don't.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 12:30:32 pm »
This is posted in economics/business instead of politics for a reason. We've had many threads discussing the troubles with Sears/KMart.

3 K-Mart stores in my area and 2 of them are closing their doors. One of the stores has been open for nearly 50 years. Their decision to dump Trump merchandise is clearly economic.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 01:09:47 pm »
Sears and Kmart are on death's door, I don't think they'd dump it if it was profitable.

Yep, they're both closing stores where I am and it has nothing to do with Trump. In fact this pops up due to my recent searches.

Frankly I don't know how either managed to stay open over the last 20 years. The few times I've been in them in recent years its been like closing time or something. I think Meijer and WalMart stores are the true culprits with assistance from Target.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 02:22:57 pm »
The other day I received an online survey which seemed to indicate that Sears is trying to remake its image into something more homey, hip and high-quality. At the end of the survey they asked for feedback and I asked them not to get rid of their traditional departments, e.g., lawn and garden. Their guys service our lawn tractor and do a good job!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2017, 02:31:54 pm »

Will probably slow the inevitable.. I'm sure @Bigun you've been shopping there and sadly your business will be missed..

:laugh:

Sears Sells the Craftsman Brand As It Fights to Survive

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/01/09/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-fights-to-survive.aspx
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Mod1

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2017, 02:40:25 pm »
Merged two threads on same topic.