Author Topic: Restaurants around nation join sanctuary movement to protect workers, customers  (Read 718 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Alanna Wittet
The Christian Science Monitor
February 11, 2017

Numerous restaurants across the country have joined a Sanctuary Restaurants Movement to offer safe and tolerant spaces to restaurant workers, employers, and consumers that face hate and harassment in the restaurant industry.

As a collaborative project between the Restaurant Opportunities Center United (ROC United) and Presente.org, the Sanctuary Restaurant Movement seeks to not only create solidarity, but also to provide support and resources like job training and legal advice to individuals and their families impacted by hostile policies.
More

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline Frank Cannon

Restaurants around nation join sanctuary movement to protect workers, customers pimp cheap labor.

It's convenient that ICE now has a list of places to raid.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Pull their licenses. Problem solved. How can one pass a health inspection when staff cannot be legally credentialed?

Offline mountaineer

Who cares? They need our business; we don't need them.

Pabst Brewing, though? Good grief. I guess now that PBR is the beer of choice of hipster doofi (very popular in the Marxist enclaves of the Pacific Northwest, I've noticed), they felt compelled to express their solidarity with the cause. Power to the people, dude. Drink Yuengling.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

geronl

Pull their licenses. Problem solved. How can one pass a health inspection when staff cannot be legally credentialed?

I don't think the local health and stuff licenses include any immigration provisions and the federal government does not issue licenses to restuarants

Offline Norm Lenhart

I don't think the local health and stuff licenses include any immigration provisions and the federal government does not issue licenses to restuarants

Local health laws require certifications etc. People being certified require their name on the cert. Getting certified is a legal issue which require legal forms of identification to be valid, otherwise lawsuits are very possible. You cannot certify a food handler under American law that is illegal.

Offline beandog

Fortunately not a single one of them are in my state.

Offline Norm Lenhart

WTF?

It's illegal for any city/state to certify a restaurant to handle food?

You might want to refresh your knowledge on the various food handling certs out there.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Never been to either of the ones in Seattle.  Big deal.  A list of restaurants not to go to.  They are the ones gambling with their business.  Either it will help them or hurt them.  Time will tell.  I guess it depends on what type of customers come in.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.