Author Topic: Uber Hires NASA Engineer To Build Flying Cars & Bid Goodbye To Traffic For Good  (Read 877 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Jayesh Shinde February 06, 2017

The NASA man credited with writing the most influential paper on flying cars and its feasibility as an urban transport vehicle, back in 2010, is joining Uber to change our daily commute forever.

Uber gave the most serious signal of intent amongst big companies trying to launch a flying taxi to conquer traffic jams once and for all. The Silicon Valley transportation network startup headed by Travis Kalanick hired Mark Moore, a veteran NASA engineer, from right under the noses of Google and Airbus -- the other big companies trying to launch their own flying car. Moore is credited with writing the definitive 2010 paper exploring the feasibility of helicopter-like flying vehicles for short-haul urban flight.

http://www.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/technology/uber-hires-nasa-engineer-to-build-flying-cars-bid-goodbye-to-traffic-for-good-271026.html
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The guy has obviously never seen the movie The Fifth Element.
The Republic is lost.

geronl

a sky swarming with millions of cars is a lot of traffic. We have near misses with airliners as it is.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
a sky swarming with millions of cars is a lot of traffic. We have near misses with airliners as it is.

Ah, relax. By then people will have mastered texting and driving.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley