Author Topic: Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:57:16 pm »
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2017/02/americans-now-evenly-divided-on-impeaching-trump.html

PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Offline skeeter

Re: Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 03:01:10 pm »
Although all sources of info are welcome, its useful to know a little about the source. Wiki:

Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. Democratic[1] polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.[2][3][4] PPP was founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, the firm's current president and chief executive officer.[5]

In addition to political issues, the company has polled the public on topics such as the approval rating of God,[6] whether Republican voters believe President Obama would be eligible to enter heaven in the event of the Rapture,[7] whether hipsters should be subjected to a special tax for being annoying,[8] and whether Ted Cruz is the Zodiac Killer.[9][10]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:01:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:07 pm »
"Public Policy Polling surveyed 712 registered voters on February 7th and 8th. The margin of error is +/- 3.7%. 80% of participants, selected through a list based sample, responded via the phone, while 20% of respondents who did not have landlines conducted the survey over the internet through an opt-in internet panel."

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »
"an opt-in internet panel."

Oh yeah.  There is a solid way to get an representative sample!

:silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:16 pm »
The real 'DUH!" here is that Americans were pretty much evenly divided on electing Trump, too.

Can you say "nothingburger"?

I knew you could.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:23:20 pm »
I was calling for his impeachment in 2015 just to be first on the record.

My only requirement is that it be for legitimate reasons but I have faith that Trump can reach the threshhold.

Throw all the angry responses at me you want but don't expect a reply. I just don't care or respect Trumper opinions enough to waste time reading them, let alone responding.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 04:46:42 pm »

My only requirement is that it be for legitimate reasons but I have faith that Trump can reach the threshhold.

Throw all the angry responses at me you want but don't expect a reply. I just don't care or respect Trumper opinions enough to waste time reading them, let alone responding.

Can we pre-impeach someone?  :tongue2:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 04:49:15 pm »

Can we pre-impeach someone?  :tongue2:

I think a lot of people will wish they could before 4 years is up.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:31 pm »
PPP heh?

How did the results of their "Polls" go in the November 2016 elections?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 05:02:38 pm »
I get a kick out of these Impeach Firsters.

The very second the election was being called on Tuesday night they were already calling for impeachment.  The guy was months away from being sworn in, had not lifted a finger as an official act, and they were already criticizing his many acts as president.  Psychiatrists have a name for this.

But this is only a minor fragment of the big picture.  A small piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things. 

The ultimate goal of the radical Left is all out war - and I can prove it.  Although this is not the place for a lengthy essay to buttress my deduction point by point, just ask yourself a simple question.  What is the end game?

For each story you read and each video clip you see on TV think about where we've come from in our recent history and think about where we'll be in the next 6 months, year or 2 years.  That's really all the evidence you need.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 05:04:02 pm »

Can you point to me your calls to impeach Obama?

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 05:08:41 pm »
PPP heh?

How did the results of their "Polls" go in the November 2016 elections?

Downloaded a spreadsheet from 538. 10/20, they had clinton winning the PV by 1. She ended up winning the popular vote by over 2.

:shrug:

Offline beandog

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 05:12:48 pm »

Downloaded a spreadsheet from 538. 10/20, they had clinton winning the PV by 1. She ended up winning the popular vote by over 2.

And what did they say the EC numbers would be?  You know, the only number that counts. :whistle:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 05:18:24 pm »
I get a kick out of these Impeach Firsters.

The very second the election was being called on Tuesday night they were already calling for impeachment.  The guy was months away from being sworn in, had not lifted a finger as an official act, and they were already criticizing his many acts as president.  Psychiatrists have a name for this.

But this is only a minor fragment of the big picture.  A small piece of the puzzle in the grand scheme of things. 

The ultimate goal of the radical Left is all out war - and I can prove it.  Although this is not the place for a lengthy essay to buttress my deduction point by point, just ask yourself a simple question.  What is the end game?

For each story you read and each video clip you see on TV think about where we've come from in our recent history and think about where we'll be in the next 6 months, year or 2 years.  That's really all the evidence you need.
The end game is and has been to have an October Revolution right here. It has been since the Communists took over the Democrat Party in the '60s, and the Democrats have been using every tool of disruption the Communists did, from propaganda to work stoppages (imposed by the Government, if not the unions) to riots in the streets, to taking over and inciting the University system, to engaging in propaganda and indoctrination from K-12, to control of the media, to the shameless exploitation of those they have convinced are disaffected. It's all there, if you want to look.

They have been working toward this even as the old Soviet Union fell (I won't say Communism died, because it has never been so healthy as when it was declared 'dead').

These people, their fellow travelers, and the swarms of useful idiots (they 'educated' them, remember) have been pushing toward this end, sowing the seeds of discontent among classes they have convinced are 'repressed', and fomenting insurrection and anger at every turn, while slavishly working to halt the productive, disarm the moral and law abiding, and ensure the corruption of our youth with drugs and licentiousness.

They've been doing one hell of a job while people somnolently ignored their progress, but then all that need happen for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Now that the sleepers are awakening to how their country has been decaying around their ears, they're angry, too, which sets the stage for major civil unrest and totalitarianism in the name of law, order, and 'safety'.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 05:25:45 pm »
Kind of crazy, but it really looks like there are some folks advocating a coup.

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 05:31:38 pm »

Oh please, dont' start this nonsense. I believe I bunch of leftists on Twitter were calling the Brazil impeachment a "coup". Not at all... is an election a coup?

Stupid it is IMO, to talk about impeachment before the guy even did anything wrong, and this will explode in their faces if they try it (as the clinton impeachment did for the GOP). Still doesn't make it a "coup".

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 05:32:20 pm »
Typical Communist playbook stuff. The disaffected, university students, paid agitators, media, calling for unrest or fomenting it.

If they provoke backlash, it won't end well (for them).

It didn't last time...
https://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/the-financial-districts-hard-hat-riot-of-1970/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:32:41 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 05:33:52 pm »
Typical Communist playbook stuff. The disaffected, university students, paid agitators, media, calling for unrest or fomenting it.

If they provoke backlash, it won't end well (for them).

It didn't last time...
https://ephemeralnewyork.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/the-financial-districts-hard-hat-riot-of-1970/

Lindsay was a God awful mayor. Holy crap.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 05:35:58 pm »

Oh please, dont' start this nonsense. I believe I bunch of leftists on Twitter were calling the Brazil impeachment a "coup". Not at all... is an election a coup?

Stupid it is IMO, to talk about impeachment before the guy even did anything wrong, and this will explode in their faces if they try it (as the clinton impeachment did for the GOP). Still doesn't make it a "coup".
The Clinton impeachment was torpedoed by the same media that called for Nixon's head on a pike over the charges of Perjury and Obstruction of Justice--ironically, the same charges brought against Clinton.
The MSM ignored that he was banging an intern (a subordinate) in a government office, when any other boss caught in the same situation would have been publicly eviscerated in the Media, then asserted that the charges were ('wink, wink') all about sex. They weren't.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 05:38:41 pm »

Lindsay was a God awful mayor. Holy crap.
NYC has been cursed with a few of them, from where I sit. New Yorkers might see it differently.

C S Lewis

Offline jpsb

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 05:39:03 pm »

That has been the case since the election, "they" have a plan and "they" are executing it. Delegimize the Trump presidency, attack everything he does, attack his team, attack his supporters, get the left into a frenzy, shutdown any proTrump business or movement by any means possible, then either impeach, murder or massive marchers on Washington DC to over throw the government (force Trump to resign), aka Eastern Europe.

I do not think the "plan" will work, but it might all it would take are a few RINOs joining a solid block of Democrats dedicated to "taking down Trump".
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:39:42 pm by jpsb »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 05:43:44 pm »
That has been the case since the election, "they" have a plan and "they" are executing it. Delegimize the Trump presidency, attack everything he does, attack his team, attack his supporters, get the left into a frenzy, shutdown any proTrump business or movement by any means possible, then either impeach, murder or massive marchers on Washington DC to over throw the government (force Trump to resign), aka Eastern Europe.

I do not think the "plan" will work, but it might all it would take are a few RINOs joining a solid block of Democrats dedicated to "taking down Trump".
I don't think their plan will work, either, but that RINO problem remains. The Congress is infested with GOPe-ers who essentially betrayed the TEA party folks, some starting their election night. That's why it is so ill prepared to push legislation to turn things around. By contrast, the Dems likely had stacks of bills ready, just in case Hillary was elected.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 05:44:03 pm »

That would only make sense if this particular poll made LA county a quarter of their 712 person sample.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2017, 05:45:00 pm »

By the basic definition of 'coup' how could it be anything else?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2017, 05:52:36 pm »

Then why isn't she President today? Oh yeah. National polls are shit. Let's look at their polling where it counted....

Pennsylvania: Klintoon +6

Florida: Klintoon +3

North Carolina: Klintoon +2

Michigan: Klintoon +7