Author Topic: GOP frets over too-high expectations  (Read 524 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP frets over too-high expectations
« on: February 10, 2017, 02:19:49 pm »
GOP frets over too-high expectations
By Scott Wong - 02/10/17 06:02 AM EST

President Trump and GOP leaders on Capitol Hill have promised voters that 2017 will bring the repeal and replacement of ObamaCare, a long-awaited overhaul of the tax code and funding for a “great wall” along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Now, some in the party are wondering whether Republicans have bitten off more than they can chew.

Conservative naysayers inside and outside the Capitol argue that it’s not just about the GOP-controlled Congress’s slow start in carrying out Trump’s agenda.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/318808-gop-frets-over-too-high-expectations
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: GOP frets over too-high expectations
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 02:40:03 pm »
I told my kids, my grandkids, and now I tell my great-grandkids, "If you have a big job and you know it, do a little at a time and start as soon as you can. Don't save it all for the last minute or you will be overwhelmed."

Time for the slackers of the GOPe to earn their frigging paychecks. They should have had this stuff ready to throw in the hopper like the Dems always do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 02:45:04 pm »
Screw Trump's agenda.

People around here voted for our congressman to represent us, not Trump's agenda.

And again. Our legislative process is intentionally designed to work at a snail's pace. Crying that congress isn't carrying out the king's demands less than a month after Trump took office is pathetic. Our founders recognized how dangerously erratic populism was and made sure we had a deliberative body to tame those erratic impulses.

Frankly I think Trump supporters should stop pretending to care about our representative republic, cowboy up and start openly demanding that congress just be dissolved. You can all have a congressional dissolution march in DC.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 03:05:22 pm »
Screw Trump's agenda.

People around here voted for our congressman to represent us, not Trump's agenda.

And again. Our legislative process is intentionally designed to work at a snail's pace. Crying that congress isn't carrying out the king's demands less than a month after Trump took office is pathetic. Our founders recognized how dangerously erratic populism was and made sure we had a deliberative body to tame those erratic impulses.

Frankly I think Trump supporters should stop pretending to care about our representative republic, cowboy up and start openly demanding that congress just be dissolved. You can all have a congressional dissolution march in DC.
I agree, somewhat. Those GOP Congressmen elected through TEA party and conservative advocacy were sent to DC to repeal Obamacare. Then the big whine was that it would never get past the veto. We'd have settled for them neutering it by stripping it of funds and eliminating the penalty as a temporary stopgap.

They not only didn't, but they didn't have the legislation written to dump that abortion of healthcare when they got the chance.
Watch the Dems. One mass shooting and the gun control bills hit the hopper--they have this stuff on the shelf, waiting for the moment to try to push it.

The GOPe has been sitting on their stinky thumbs, and going to cocktail parties instead of getting ready for the day...no wonder nothing seems to get done, even when they have the chance to do it.

My disgust with Trump stems from his personal conduct, always has. Politically, many of his stated goals were well in line with those I wanted, and much was in line with Ted Cruz's positions as well before the primaries. Many of those positions remain the same, a situation which has given the most ardent Trump supporters the illusion that Cruz is backing Trump. He isn't so much as backing common items on the agenda, and doing what he would have tried to do. Now the GOPe has to put up or shut up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis