Author Topic: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today  (Read 13097 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Ninth Circuit Court to announce their decision Today
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2017, 01:13:45 am »
You had me several posts ago when I was still quite naive...

I probably thought those posts were about you.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2017, 01:15:58 am »
If the president believed the security of our nation was at stake he would have consulted with attornies, before he jumped without thinking of the consequences.
DO IT RIGHT, OR DO IT OVER
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:16:26 am by Rivergirl »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2017, 01:16:05 am »
You had me several posts ago when I was still quite naive...

Well you and Norm did make a pretty pair.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:16:54 am by skeeter »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2017, 01:18:05 am »
If the president believed the security of our nation was at stake he would have consulted with attorneys, before he jumped without thinking of the consequences.

He did it right. It is totally legal and covered under section 1182 of Federal law.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2017, 01:18:28 am »
If the president believed the security of our nation was at stake he would have consulted with attornies, before he jumped without thinking of the consequences.

As long as leftwing ideologues sit on courts there will only be one way to 'do it right'. Their's.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2017, 01:19:34 am »
So the defenders are agreeing that people with legal permanent residency, legal green card holders, have no rights at all?  Just declare the all undesirable, no matter if they have been here for a long period of time, have broken no laws, and have exhibited no threat to our country?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2017, 01:20:50 am »
I completely agree with you Frank but it's not going to happen because we have been conditioned to accept Judges as our Kings!

If there was ever a President that would be able to knock these judges down to size and get Congress to start doing their job again by legislating, it's Donny.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:51 am »
The interests of the snowflakes that teach and attend classes at the universities in Washington State DO NOT outweigh the  security of those who populate all 50 states!

The people on that court need to be dealt with and dealt with severely! They are a much bigger threat to us than ISIS or Al Qaeda!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:25:51 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2017, 01:22:31 am »
The court has zero authority to deal in matters vested exclusively in the Executive branch concerning national security.

Zero. If you can find one word of constitutional law stating that any court can obstruct a President/CIC from carrying out his constitutionally manded job to keep the country safe, please share. Because the laws that give the president carte blanche to restrict A N Y immigration have been posted repeatedly. No where at all in them is there a judicial review provision or judicial oversight.
Bump!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2017, 01:23:12 am »
So the defenders are agreeing that people with legal permanent residency, legal green card holders, have no rights at all?  Just declare the all undesirable, no matter if they have been here for a long period of time, have broken no laws, and have exhibited no threat to our country?

Trump wanted a 180 day ban and then "extreme vetting". Wasn't unreasonable imo.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2017, 01:24:25 am »

You obviously do not have any idea what you are talking about. The EO specifically had language in it covering exemptions.

As for rights, they do have some, but they can be thrown the hell out if they break any rules.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/rights-and-responsibilities-permanent-resident/rights-and-responsibilities-green-card-holder-permanent-resident

Wingnut

« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:50 am »
Bump!

TTT  Courtesy flush for jpsb

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:27:44 am by Wingnut »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2017, 01:26:20 am »
You obviously do not have any idea what you are talking about. The EO specifically had language in it covering exemptions.

As for rights, they do have some, but they can be thrown the hell out if they break any rules.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/rights-and-responsibilities-permanent-resident/rights-and-responsibilities-green-card-holder-permanent-resident

The original eo had no exemptions I believe.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2017, 01:28:07 am »
Obviously didn't work either time.

But to reiterate: this was just a denial of a stay; the appeal itself hasn't happened yet.  The decision does show where the gov't falls short, in the view of the 9th Circus, so presumably a better and stronger argument could be made at that time.

Note that, had Trump simply taken a couple of extra weeks to give people and agencies time to prepare, the "due process" argument would not have anything like the weight it has now.

If I had to make an educated guess...I bet one of the questions asked by the three judge panel was "can you show a clear and present danger from the refugees entering the country"?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2017, 01:29:46 am »
If I had to make an educated guess...I bet one of the questions asked by the three judge panel was "can you show a clear and present danger from the refugees entering the country"?

The AG could then show this video...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-syrias-assad-tells-yahoo-news-some-refugees-are-definitely-terrorists-182401926.html

Offline jpsb

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2017, 01:31:31 am »

Not true the DHS was authorized to grant exceptions as they saw fit.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2017, 01:31:40 am »

Irrelevant question if it were asked at all. If they think there is none and they believe the policy is to do nothing, then make them ran for office and set this policy.

The issue is and always has been -- does the President have the power vested in him to suspend immigration from selected countries if (rightly or wrongly ) he deems these countries to be dangerous to America?

The answer clearly is "Yes" and THAT is the issue that they should address.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:06 am »
The AG could then show this video...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-syrias-assad-tells-yahoo-news-some-refugees-are-definitely-terrorists-182401926.html

Or any AQ/ISIS vid saying they put terrorists into the refugee exodus specifically for infiltration. Of which there are many.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2017, 01:32:34 am »

It did. Section 3 Part G was a full paragraph basically saying that Homeland Security had authority to override the ban if they saw fit without any other approval.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2017, 01:38:22 am »
It did. Section 3 Part G was a full paragraph basically saying that Homeland Security had authority to override the ban if they saw fit without any other approval.

You can tell how many people are taking a position against the ban because 'Trump' and not because they actually thought it through. Some refuse not read the order. some refuse to accept the law that clearly authorities his action.

Neither type should argue anything from ignorance but oh well. That's 'conservatism' in 2017.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:21 am »
You can tell how many people are taking a position against the ban because 'Trump' and not because they actually thought it through. Some refuse not read the order. some refuse to accept the law that clearly authorities his action.

Neither type should argue anything from ignorance but oh well. That's 'conservatism' in 2017.

Hell, that LA Judge who put the stay on this thing didn't even read it if you read through his ruling. He didn't cite one law that the Administration was breaking.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:59 am »
Irrelevant question if it were asked at all. If they think there is none and they believe the policy is to do nothing, then make them ran for office and set this policy.

It's not at all irrelevant.  If the gov't cannot show a clear and present danger, then it's difficult to make a compelling claim that "national security" merits granting an emergency stay to the temporary restraining order.

And, after all, this decision is ONLY about a stay.  It's not the appeal itself.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2017, 01:53:33 am »
Hell, that LA Judge who put the stay on this thing didn't even read it if you read through his ruling. He didn't cite one law that the Administration was breaking.

How could he? None got broken. But after 8 years of feel good and no blowback from the GOP and certainly none from the Dems, they just wave their hands, rule and limo off to the DNC fundraiser as a matter of course.

And even those supposedly on the right are gonna play along because Trump? They are accomplishing one thing. I'm getting closer to ordering a trucker hat by the hour.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2017, 01:54:01 am »
It's not at all irrelevant.  If the gov't cannot show a clear and present danger, then it's difficult to make a compelling claim that "national security" merits granting an emergency stay to the temporary restraining order.

And, after all, this decision is ONLY about a stay.  It's not the appeal itself.

The law is quite clear as to who get's to decide what is or is not a clear and present danger and it ain't the courts!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fantom

« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:00 am »

The few who were stopped, detained for a short while were vetted, then let in... less than 150 people.

Likewise Trump quickly adjusted his order to allow...right or wrong for that. Life and orders are not perfect. I remember something about Tarawa..... "Perfect is the enemy of the good."

And yes, to your last point...... non-citizens have no rights under our Constitution. It is "We The People... of the United States".  Who are protected. Very little is provided for non-Citizens under our Constitution.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass