Author Topic: Kellyanne says Americans should 'go buy Ivanka's stuff' in White House interview  (Read 5133 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
a couple of off-the-cuff remarks hardly passes the smell test for violating the original intent of the law.

Some of you would bitch if they hung you with a brand new rope.

I agree, I was just puzzled as to why Kellyanne would go out of her way to tout Ivanka's clothing line. Pretty bizarre IMO.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I agree, I was just puzzled as to why Kellyanne would go out of her way to tout Ivanka's clothing line. Pretty bizarre IMO.

LOL!  It was like while doing the interview, she threw the tennis ball and the dog (media) chased after it.

And Ivanka gets free publicity.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LOL!  It was like while doing the interview, she threw the tennis ball and the dog (media) chased after it.

And Ivanka gets free publicity.

And Conway gets in trouble with ethics laws.

But i guess as long as she works for Trump it's ok right?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
And Conway gets in trouble with ethics laws.

But i guess as long as she works for Trump it's ok right?

The house ethics committee is calling for disciplinary action.

Make that the house oversight committee is asking the ethics committee for a review
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 01:48:51 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline endicom

How many First Lardies have helped tout the designers who tent them?

Offline Frank Cannon

Because people are fed up with only the boycotters side getting air play and the boycottee being treated as guilty no matter what.

Offline kevindavis007

The Republican led House Ethics Committee is recommending disciplinary action.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/318820-chaffetz-cummings-call-on-ethics-office-to-hand-down-disciplinary

Had someone from a Dem administration, everyone of us would be screaming that the person deserved to be fired.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

• Technical
Because people are fed up with only the boycotters side getting air play and the boycottee being treated as guilty no matter what.

Boycotting Ivanka is BS IMO, still isn't the President or KAC's business to talk about it.

Offline Cripplecreek

Had someone from a Dem administration, everyone of us would be screaming that the person deserved to be fired.

At least some of us aren't hypocrites.

Offline Fantom

In my book, when the question becomes transformed into a political operation..... I.E. the fascist lefts attempt to destroy President Trump and all opposition really. At that point what She did is no longer a ethical violation.. and "endorsement" as it is a engagement in the active political sphere... she is calling for a buycott... to oppose the fascist lefts boycott.

Perfectly  fine. Does not violate the ethics law.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online DCPatriot

The house ethics committee is calling for disciplinary action.

Make that the house oversight committee is asking the ethics committee for a review

Well, I'm sure Attorney General Sessions will consider "intent" before deciding if any investigation is worthy.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Technical
Spicer resents the implication that the Trump administration is trying to push ivanka's clothing line:

Oceander

Well, I'm sure Attorney General Sessions will consider "intent" before deciding if any investigation is worthy.     :laugh:

So he'll show his true, corrupt, nature early then.

Online DCPatriot

So he'll show his true, corrupt, nature early then.

Not at all!   You're all being shrill!

It was a harmless playful plug and a kick in the balls to the boycotters, which became the internet rage for 24 hours and counting.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Not under his purview IIRC...its strictly a House matter.

Interesting though you seem to think he'd sweep it under the rug if he was able to investigate it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mrclose

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/kellyanne-conway-broke-law-promote/2017/02/09/id/772788/
Ex-Obama Official: Conway Broke Law by Promoting Ivanka's Line

Conflict Of Interest(s)

All this outrage from the Dems (And some Repugs) over Kellyanne Conway's promotion of Ivanka Trumps clothing line leaves me to wondering .. Where was the outrage over 'this'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6CZ5DLIV9I&feature=youtu.be

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

• Technical
So you are advocating that "two wrongs *DO* make a right."

I'm here say that is wrong.

If we eliminated "yeah but what about..." posts here at GBR you'd basically eliminate 50% of the site content at this point.

Hypocrisy is rank on both sides.

Offline Cripplecreek

If we eliminated "yeah but what about..." posts here at GBR you'd basically eliminate 50% of the site content at this point.

I overheard two waitresses on a break in the next booth talking about Trump yesterday. One waitress told the other that she's starting to feel like she's being forced to defend the indefensible because she doesn't want people to think she's a liberal.

• Technical
I overheard two waitresses on a break in the next booth talking about Trump yesterday. One waitress told the other that she's starting to feel like she's being forced to defend the indefensible because she doesn't want people to think she's a liberal.

You see that here, calling everyone you don't agree with a "liberal", shouting down certain sources, etc.

And of course, whataboutism.

I bet there are plenty here that keep their mouth shut here because they don't want to be called a liberal/snowflake, etc.

Not that I care, the loudest screamers are almost always the dumbest and that includes here too.

Offline mrclose

So you are advocating that "two wrongs *DO* make a right."

I'm here say that is wrong.

No!

I am asking why there was No Outrage from Dims OR Repugs just as my post asked!

I wasn't using that tired and worn out "Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right" leftist argument to justify anything!

For instance .. If Obama robs a bank and the law doesn't care ... Why should an arrest be made if Trump robs the same bank?

It's the "FAIRNESS DOCTRINE" that I'm interested in .. You know, the FAIRNESS of it all pushed by the LEFT!

That clear it up for you?
~ Self

Offline mrclose

It would help if dishonest posters wouldn't steer the original question off into the "GOTTCHA" direction!
~ Self

Offline r9etb

For instance .. If Obama robs a bank and the law doesn't care ... Why should an arrest be made if Trump robs the same bank?

It's the "FAIRNESS DOCTRINE" that I'm interested in .. You know, the FAIRNESS of it all pushed by the LEFT!

That clear it up for you?

Nope.  You're basically saying that if Obama doesn't get arrested for robbery, then Trump shouldn't, either. 

The idea that both ought to be arrested, apparently does not enter into your example.

geronl

Nope.  You're basically saying that if Obama doesn't get arrested for robbery, then Trump shouldn't, either. 

The idea that both ought to be arrested, apparently does not enter into your example.

:thumbsup:

Offline mrclose

That's some real twisting you have going on there!

~ Self

Offline r9etb

That's some real twisting you have going on there!

So, what are you really saying, then?