Author Topic: Trump struggling to fill one of the worst jobs in Washington  (Read 1384 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump struggling to fill one of the worst jobs in Washington
« on: February 09, 2017, 02:28:45 pm »
 Trump struggling to fill one of the worst jobs in Washington

At least two candidates have turned down the job of White House communications director.

By Eliana Johnson

02/08/17 05:30 PM EST

Updated 02/08/17 05:52 PM EST

Controlling the message coming out of Donald Trump’s White House may seem like an impossible task — and it’s one that many are hesitant to try right now.

The White House has gone without a full-time communications director since Trump was sworn in last month, and although chief of staff Reince Priebus is spearheading a robust effort to fill the position, his overtures to several Republican communications professionals have been met with disinterest, according to a half-dozen sources with knowledge of the situation. At least two candidates have turned down the job, a position normally coveted by Washington political operatives, according to another source familiar with the conversations.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-white-house-communications-234813
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump struggling to fill one of the worst jobs in Washington
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:34:08 pm »
I wouldn't want the job either...unless I was authorized to keep Trump off Twitter. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 02:50:57 pm »
I wouldn't want the job either...unless I was authorized to keep Trump off Twitter.

That would be a prerequisite.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 02:53:02 pm »

Yup

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 03:23:13 pm »

Pretty much.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »
Yeah -- I wouldn't get within 100 miles of that one.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
Yeah -- I wouldn't get within 100 miles of that one.

Not only that, how do you keep him off Twitter as a guarantee? We all know Donny couldnt' stand not being able to access the little blue egg for very long.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:14:04 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 06:40:49 pm »
I'd take it with the iron clad contract that I have a staff of my choosing, funded as required for oppo research.

Then I would seat members of the press according to their voter registration with a sharp dividing line right down the middle of the room.

I would open a website/database where the public could directly access positions, information and ask questions directly, with answers being posted, thus eliminating much of the job of the media. It would be fully staffed and used as the primary source of info distribution. Photos f the above media gallery would feature prominently.

As to Trump's tweets, I'd remind him that people were now using the above site to get their fix for Trump drama and had migrated. Then tell him he could break twitter's back and piss off everyone by using it rather than Twtter/facebook. Lets face it. People would flock there if he stopped tweeting to see what he said next. It would be idiotic not to take maximum advantage of it.

That solves the security issue, contains the democrat media and hurts them in the wallet and in their influence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 07:24:36 pm »
Eh, it'd be an easy job.

For it'd work like this:

1. Trump tweets.
2. Press reports it.
3. When asked by press, you agree he tweeted it.
4. When asked why, you say, "I've got not clue, he's an idiot."
5. Walk away.

See?  Very easy.

And when Trump gets upset, shrug and say, "Stop being an idiot."

Of course, you may not have the job for very long... but it's a great thing to put on your resume afterward.

LOL

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »
I'd take it with the iron clad contract that I have a staff of my choosing, funded as required for oppo research.

Then I would seat members of the press according to their voter registration with a sharp dividing line right down the middle of the room.

I would open a website/database where the public could directly access positions, information and ask questions directly, with answers being posted, thus eliminating much of the job of the media. It would be fully staffed and used as the primary source of info distribution. Photos f the above media gallery would feature prominently.

As to Trump's tweets, I'd remind him that people were now using the above site to get their fix for Trump drama and had migrated. Then tell him he could break twitter's back and piss off everyone by using it rather than Twtter/facebook. Lets face it. People would flock there if he stopped tweeting to see what he said next. It would be idiotic not to take maximum advantage of it.

That solves the security issue, contains the democrat media and hurts them in the wallet and in their influence.

Elegant.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:32 pm »

Very, very clever.  What an uproar this would cause.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 07:41:01 pm »
Trump "struggles", Trump "blasts", Trump "lashes" , Trump "slams" .... I wonder who the wizard behind the curtain is coming up with all these delightful verbs.   :pondering:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:17 pm »
Elegant.  :beer:

I'd say it's more obvious than elegant, but thanks. Lets face it. If you are the president, people are gonna go wherever you are. Why benefit your opposition (Twitter/Facebook/MSM, when you can get the eyeballs in your own worldspace?

Simple business 101.
Informing the public of what it's doing with/for/to them is a responsibility of elected officials right? I said this going back to McCain/Palin. The media is not needed. The internet exists. So use it. Fully.. People said it was impossible. Trump, my issues with him aside, proved it by winning on a comparative shoestring ad budget and using the media/internet.

So maximize that.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:43:19 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 07:44:14 pm »
Sign me up...I'll do it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »
Very, very clever.  What an uproar this would cause.

It should be clear by now, that President Trump doesn't shy away from "Uproars."

--His voters like uproars. That is part of what they voted to see.

--His voters are still his fans.

--He is keeping his campaign commitments, and adding support. People that didn't vote for him, are acknowledging their agreement with his actions.

--His detractors are liberals, democrats, the media---all very predictably; and a small #nevertrump contingent that haven't gotten much of anything right for the last year, but at least have their hangout, here.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 08:12:50 pm »
his overtures to several Republican communications professionals have been met with disinterest,

These are probably the same "professionals" who directed Bush's polls into the sewer.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 02:48:48 am »
Durn it, Tex, you beat me to it.

I'll take the job, at 75% of the pay Tex would have requested.  Heehee

Anyone with contacts to the Trump administration can reach me via this website.

I'll do just about anythin' they want.
I'll say about anythin' they want.
I'm easy.

Addendum:
They'll have to buy me a suit or two, I don't own any, and a pair of shoes, too.
Also some ties, along with lessons on how to tie them.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:50:27 am by Fishrrman »