Author Topic: Sessions Vote  (Read 2355 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Sessions Vote
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 03:04:07 am »
I find it surprising that only one Democrat broke ranks on the nomination of a senate colleague who has been nothing but decent and honorable throughout his senate career.  The rest of that pathetic caucus race-baited and slandered the man with a 30-year old letter containing a baseless accusation.  It really is pathetic.

This confirmation process has been a total disgrace.  McConnell had better be ready to treat the Democrats like the children they have become.

Offline beandog

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2017, 03:06:08 am »
He's in big trouble now.  He used the word "denigrating".  When my younger son was in middle school his idiot english teacher gave them a list of words they were not allowed to ever use in her class because she considered them racist.  Really stupid things.  They were not allowed to bring the list home but he snuck it out to show me.  One of the words was denigrate.  I couldn't figure out why until it was pointed out to me that "nig" was in the word.  This was 22 years ago.  I called the school and told the principal about it.  She did nothing.  They have been screwing with our kids for a long time. **nononono*

Anyway, good luck soon to be AG Sessions.

Offline Idiot

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2017, 03:12:18 am »
So they banned Niger and niggardly as well?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2017, 03:16:46 am »
Rump should take notes. You can disagree with someone without sounding like a 10 year old.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 03:17:26 am »
I find it surprising that only one Democrat broke ranks on the nomination of a senate colleague who has been nothing but decent and honorable throughout his senate career.  The rest of that pathetic caucus race-baited and slandered the man with a 30-year old letter containing a baseless accusation.  It really is pathetic.

Indeed it is!  And perfectly illustrative of what we have allowed OUR government to become!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 04:55:48 am »
Rump should take notes. You can disagree with someone without sounding like a 10 year old.
Or you can be a fool for confirming someone whole-heartedly that was a mistake. 

But other Republicans said they would vote for Mr. Holder despite his acknowledged mistakes. Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, for example, said he was sure that Mr. Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.”   http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/03/us/politics/03holder.html?_r=0

Let's pray his ability to place good people into office has improved in the last 8 years.  They need it at Justice.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2017, 05:05:29 am »

Coming from someone who used "Rump".

You are rich my man.  :blonde:

• Technical
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2017, 05:19:32 am »
Coming from someone who used "Rump".

You are rich my man.  :blonde:

I'm a forumer. He's the President.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2017, 05:21:23 am »

And you can criticize without using the childish term, 'Rump.'

I was never a big fan of Trump as everyone knows, but I've liked everything he's done so far. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

• Technical
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 05:29:58 am »
And you can criticize without using the childish term, 'Rump.'

I was never a big fan of Trump as everyone knows, but I've liked everything he's done so far.

:shrug:  I'm a forumer, he's President.

Why is tweeting about Nordstrum and his daughter today? Doesn't he have better shit to do?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 05:31:36 am »
Sessions... Class act... only fault I have had with him has been his deflection to Trump over Cruz but he did it w/ such class that I find it hard to hold a grudge to full extent.

Jeff is a gentleman that holds his ground with class.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:33:41 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 05:38:56 am »
Why is tweeting about Nordstrum and his daughter today? Doesn't he have better shit to do?

Why is Nordstom boycotting a private citizens product all of a sudden after a long term relationship? Oh yeah. Politics.

It's about time people call this shit out once and for all and the President seems like a fine person to start doing it. Judging by the amount of quality work product coming out of the WH, it does seem he has a few moments to drop Nordstom a quick note.

Offline Frandia

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:50 pm »
I found the part below amusing to say the least.  He's worried about the AG standing up to the president.  Would that be like to the two losers Obama had stand up to him. Hypocrisy thy name is Democrat. (at least in this instance)

"There is simply nothing in Senator Sessions' testimony before the Judiciary Committee that gives me confidence that he would be willing to stand up to the president," said Sen. Pat Leahy, D-Vt. "He has instead demonstrated only blind allegiance."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/08/sessions-confirmed-as-attorney-general-after-contentious-debate.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 12:45:29 pm by Abe »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 01:10:10 pm »

888high58888  It seems that the left rarely breaks ranks.  It is quite disheartening that we have a Congress filled with those that will do for themselves and party first instead of what's right for country.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:10:53 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2017, 01:18:50 pm »
Multiple threads on Sessions confirmation merged.

• Technical
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2017, 01:22:24 pm »
Why is Nordstom boycotting a private citizens product all of a sudden after a long term relationship? Oh yeah. Politics.

It's about time people call this shit out once and for all and the President seems like a fine person to start doing it. Judging by the amount of quality work product coming out of the WH, it does seem he has a few moments to drop Nordstom a quick note.

Yes we're all guilty of not buying more Ivanka stuff at Nordstrom and disappointing King Donald.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2017, 01:29:55 pm »

I could kiss you, @Frank Cannon !

...in Nordstom's window!!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 01:35:32 pm »
888high58888  It seems that the left rarely breaks ranks.  It is quite disheartening that we have a Congress filled with those that will do for themselves and party first instead of what's right for country.

It's exactly why I suggested yesterday, that the entire GOP House and Senate arrange a group photo outside on the Capitol Building Terrace in show of support for the President.

Whether it's an adversarial media or not, the image of a united GOP is important right now.

Not since George Effing Washington, has a President had so few of his cabinet positions filled by this date.

It's called 'LOYAL' Opposition, not obstructionist opposition, which is what we're seeing.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline beandog

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »

:shrug:  I'm a forumer, he's President.
Thank goodness.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2017, 01:48:31 pm »

Yes we're all guilty of not buying more Ivanka stuff at Nordstrom and disappointing King Donald.

By taking a public political position/statement, it would seem Nordstom automatically alienates 50% of their customer pool.

Economic Demographics of Republicans

http://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/economic-demographics-republicans/

OTOH:

How Did the Democrats Become Favorites of the Rich?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/opinion/how-did-the-democrats-become-favorites-of-the-rich.html

Just seems to me the typical Leftist Anarchist isn't a Nordstom's shopper.   Probably couldn't even spell it.

• Technical
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2017, 01:51:04 pm »
By taking a public political position/statement, it would seem Nordstom automatically alienates 50% of their customer pool.

Economic Demographics of Republicans

http://www.debt.org/faqs/americans-in-debt/economic-demographics-republicans/

OTOH:

How Did the Democrats Become Favorites of the Rich?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/opinion/how-did-the-democrats-become-favorites-of-the-rich.html

Just seems to me the typical Leftist Anarchist isn't a Nordstom's shopper.   Probably couldn't even spell it.

:silly:

Ever considered that Nordstrom's dropped Ivanka because it wasn't selling?

Anyway, I'm not having a debate because it's an idiotic debate for the President to be having.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:59:22 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2017, 01:58:16 pm »

:silly:

You're a clown, DCP. Ever considered that Nordstrom's dropped Ivanka because it wasn't selling?

Anyway, I'm not having a debate (with an idiot) because it's an idiotic debate for the President to be having.

@mystery-ak
@Mod1

**nononono*

This is bullsh*t.   Had I posted that, I'd be given a 'vacation'.

• Technical
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2017, 01:59:43 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Mod1

**nononono*

This is bullsh*t.   Had I posted that, I'd be given a 'vacation'.

Fixed.