Author Topic: Sessions Vote  (Read 2360 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Sessions Vote
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2017, 02:13:44 pm »
Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., was formally chastised for allegedly impugning Sessions’ integrity on the floor...

No, she wasn't chastised for allegedly impugning - she was chastised for outright impugning.  Why did they find it necessary to throw that word in there?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2017, 02:17:29 pm »

:silly:

Ever considered that Nordstrom's dropped Ivanka because it wasn't selling?

Well,  that's the reason Nordstrom is using.   Apparently, other retailers have also dropped the line for the same reason. 

It's possible that Nordstrom may have decided to shed anything Trump because it doesn't want to get into all the numerous conflicts and controversies.  They don't want to take sides. They  just want to sell stuff and make money. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2017, 02:21:40 pm »
No, she wasn't chastised for allegedly impugning - she was chastised for outright impugning.  Why did they find it necessary to throw that word in there?
Because 'allegedly' is the catch-phrase all news outlets use to avoid slander.

A guy can pull a gun in front of 100 people and kill a person, they will still say he is an 'alleged' murderer.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:06 pm »
888high58888  It seems that the left rarely breaks ranks.  It is quite disheartening that we have a Congress filled with those that will do for themselves and party first instead of what's right for country.
The Congressional Dems have been in lockstep for decades, going way back to protests against blacks and civil rights.

It is what they do.

Here's another lock-step: Senate Women.

For Betsy Devos, all but three women voted against her.

And check out the progression of women in the US Senate - we now have 21 and the trend is getting ominous as most are libs and they stick together. Even most of the GOP female Senators tend to be less conservative than GOP men.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2017, 02:47:24 pm »
I could kiss you, @Frank Cannon !

...in Nordstom's window!!    :laugh:

During the dance Could you "dip" him (or he, you?) for my photo's. 
@Frank Cannon @DCPatriot

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »

:silly:

Ever considered that Nordstrom's dropped Ivanka because it wasn't selling?

Anyway, I'm not having a debate because it's an idiotic debate for the President to be having.

First off, there is no such thing as a coincidence. If her sales sucked, why wait until right now to do it? Why do it in such an overtly negative way?

On your last point, are you now so far gone you think you are President? Donny isn't debating this, we are.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »
First off, there is no such thing as a coincidence. If her sales sucked, why wait until right now to do it? Why do it in such an overtly negative way?

On your last point, are you now so far gone you think you are President? Donny isn't debating this, we are.

Yes lil Frankie I think I am President.  :facepalm:

Trump tweeted about it, so yes, he's debating it. Nobody would care about Nordstroms if he didn't tweet about it.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »

Yes lil Frankie I think I am President.  :facepalm:

Trump tweeted about it, so yes, he's debating it. Nobody would care about Nordstroms if he didn't tweet about it.

HOLD that thought, @Weird Tolkienish Figure !!

It will serve us well over the next four years, if you remember it.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2017, 04:13:04 pm »

Where the hell have you been @Weird Tolkienish Figure?  This news item has been out and talked about for a while--way before the President's comments.  Cut up Nordstrom credit cards have been flying through the mail for more than a week.

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2017, 04:16:48 pm »
Where the hell have you been @Weird Tolkienish Figure?  This news item has been out and talked about for a while--way before the President's comments.  Cut up Nordstrom credit cards have been flying through the mail for more than a week.

So Trump's followers were cutting up their Nordstrom's cards... so why did the President feel a need to Tweet about it?

Plus it seems their little crusade didn't work, Nordstrom's stock was going up wasn't it?

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/jwn

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2017, 04:20:53 pm »

So Trump's followers were cutting up their Nordstrom's cards... so why did the President feel a need to Tweet about it?

Why are you obsessing over this?   :pondering:

• Technical
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2017, 04:21:53 pm »
Why are you obsessing over this?   :pondering:

I am asking a question.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2017, 04:25:37 pm »
Sessions. Hell yes!

I just heard that Hillary is pissing her pants. Again.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2017, 12:03:46 am »
Sessions. Hell yes!

I just heard that Hillary is pissing her pants. Again.

How was the cruise?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley