Author Topic: Trump can criticize ‘so-called’ judges all he likes, Lincoln did  (Read 986 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump can criticize ‘so-called’ judges all he likes, Lincoln did
By Steven G. Calabresi, opinion contributor - 02/08/17 04:20 PM EST

President Trump’s response to the Washington State judge who enjoined enforcement of Trump’s immigration order has elicited no shortage of complaints.

Trump called Judge Robart a “so-called judge,” described the opinion as “ridiculous,” and predicted it would be overturned. In response, Professor Eric Posner wrote that Trump’s “attack on Judge Robart’s integrity is indefensible,” and he demands that Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch denounce Trump’s behavior as a condition of his being confirmed for the Supreme Court. 

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-judiciary/318547-trump-can-criticize-so-called-judges-all-he-likes-lincoln
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Trump can criticize ‘so-called’ judges all he likes, Lincoln did
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 10:03:52 pm »
It takes a really trashy simpleton to compare Trump to Lincoln.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »

No, it doesn't.  That's like getting upset because someone points out that they both had two arms and two eyes!  There are some areas of similarity: they were both presidents, they both faced an angry populace, they were both tall, whatever.  Lincoln did criticize judges as is Trump.  Now, having disagreements with the way they comport themselves, communicate, or their philosophy of life - those are legitimate criticisms but getting upset because any comparison is drawn just doesn't make sense.   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:10:52 pm »

I agree entirely!

Trump has yet to go outside the bounds of the Constitution but Lincoln walked all over it the first six months he was in office so the comparison is truly outrageous!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:14:32 pm »
No, it doesn't.  That's like getting upset because someone points out that they both had two arms and two eyes!  There are some areas of similarity: they were both presidents, they both faced an angry populace, they were both tall, whatever.  Lincoln did criticize judges as is Trump.  Now, having disagreements with the way they comport themselves, communicate, or their philosophy of life - those are legitimate criticisms but getting upset because any comparison is drawn just doesn't make sense.   

Lincoln grabbed Mary Todd by the bleep multiple times too!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:15:51 pm »

I know. Lincoln shit all over the Constitution*. So far Trump seems to be upholding it quite well.

* Google John Merryman

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 10:16:44 pm »

Lincoln grabbed Mary Todd by the bleep multiple times too!

Watch how fast they turn on Neil Gorsuch now that he's criticizing Trump.  :silly:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 10:21:20 pm »
Watch how fast they turn on Neil Gorsuch now that he's criticizing Trump.  :silly:

We can turn on him if he is a piece of shit who feels that Judges can make stuff up as they go. This is what vetting is about.

BTW, I see you pretty silent on your absurd comment about Trump compared to Lincoln. Why's that?

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 10:22:25 pm »
We can turn on him if he is a piece of shit who feels that Judges can make stuff up as they go. This is what vetting is about.

BTW, I see you pretty silent on your absurd comment about Trump compared to Lincoln. Why's that?

Wassamatta lil snowflake, did Gorsuch violate your pro-Trump safespace? Dawwwwwwwww...

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:02 am »
No, it doesn't.  That's like getting upset because someone points out that they both had two arms and two eyes!  There are some areas of similarity: they were both presidents, they both faced an angry populace, they were both tall, whatever.  Lincoln did criticize judges as is Trump. 

Now, having disagreements with the way they comport themselves, communicate, or their philosophy of life - those are legitimate criticisms but getting upset because any comparison is drawn just doesn't make sense.   

And thanks again, for succinctly putting this lame analogy down.   

What you say works whether the comparison is Lincoln or Jesus overturning tables.

Their displays of outrage says more about them...to any objective reader.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 01:57:40 am »

Nah. They'll just call it a "fake news" report.

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:00:12 am »

Laura ingraham already has.

My batsense is picking up an impending 3am tweetstorm.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 03:28:56 am »
They were both US Presidents, duly elected into office.

Yes, they can be compared.

Are you trying to imply otherwise?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 03:32:13 am »
Easy, Frank.  He has only 6,067 posts so is behind you.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington