Author Topic: Trump's Message to the Courts: Even 'A Bad High School Student' Would Understand the Law in Question  (Read 6591 times)

rangerrebew

Trump's Message to the Courts: Even 'A Bad High School Student' Would Understand the Law in Question

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump said he watched "in amazement" last night as attorneys presented oral arguments for and against Trump's executive order pausing immigration from seven chaotic countries where the vetting cannot be verified.

Trump said the language at the heart of the case is so simple and beautifully written, even “a bad high school student” would understand it.

“Because you could be a lawyer, or you don't have to be a lawyer; if you were a good student in high school or a bad student in high school, you could understand this. And it's really incredible to me that we have a court case that's going on so long.”

Trump said the lawyers who presented oral arguments to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals by telephone Tuesday night "were talking about things that had just nothing to do with it.”

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-tells-courts-even-bad-high-school-student-would-understand-law

Offline Norm Lenhart

Just declare it a national security issue because it very much is, station FBI at points of entry and arrest any snowflakes that attempt to interfere with the order. Congress should immediately move to restore the proper role of the courts, which does not in any way include setting immigration policy. Fire/impeach/disband courts as needed.

Folks, whether you like it, agree with it or not, the left is only going to increasingly govern from the bench until they are definitively stopped. That will undoubtedly cause a mass spazout. Just accept it or accept rule by liberals. Pick one and go with it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Just declare it a national security issue because it very much is, station FBI at points of entry and arrest any snowflakes that attempt to interfere with the order. Congress should immediately move to restore the proper role of the courts, which does not in any way include setting immigration policy. Fire/impeach/disband courts as needed.

Folks, whether you like it, agree with it or not, the left is only going to increasingly govern from the bench until they are definitively stopped. That will undoubtedly cause a mass spazout. Just accept it or accept rule by liberals. Pick one and go with it.

All of which are within the powers of the executive and the Congress!  What the hell they are waiting for I have NO idea!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump s absolutely right here.  The absolute, plain language of the law is inarguably on his side.

Offline Frank Cannon

:thumbsup3:

Offline skeeter

Trump s absolutely right here.  The absolute, plain language of the law is inarguably on his side.

We who watch the political scene sometimes cringe at Trump's comments, but in his clumsy way he's introducing important issues to the politically unengaged, of whom there are a great many more than there are of us.

How many Americans are acquainted with the problem of judicial activism and how it affects their lives?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We who watch the political scene sometimes cringe at Trump's comments, but in his clumsy way he's introducing important issues to the politically unengaged, of whom there are a great many more than there are of us.

How many Americans are acquainted with the problem of judicial activism and how it affects their lives?

You are absolutely right! All counts!   :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

All of which are within the powers of the executive and the Congress!  What the hell they are waiting for I have NO idea!

"Just declare it a national security matter...."  You may want to think that through a bit.  Do you really want to set a precedent for rule by presidential fiat, based on "national security" as the president himself defines it?

Offline r9etb

Can you provide the cite?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Because they are comprised of snowflakes themselves that people swore were 'better than a democrat', yet do their best to govern like Democrats at every opportunity.

They know that any attempt to reestablish actual constitutional law by constitutional means will 'trigger' every special snowflake in America into apoplectic fits of 'acting out' and are too utterly gutless to follow the law and treat them according to those laws when they do.

So they will most likely continue to allow the constitution to be further eroded and rewritten by judicial activists under threat of 'societal collapse'. The end result is a lord of the flies scenario and societal collapse.

People can deny it all they want. But the trend is very clear. The left has in fact been governing bu judicial decree going back to the Clinton years at an increasing pace. The courts, mostly packed with Dem appointees are their only recourse to stop their 'gains' from going away under Trump's stated plans. A person would have to be mentally retarded to believe that the left will not use them to the fullest to make law as they require. And they would have to be less than sane to believe we can or will get out of this overall mess without either a civil war or something closely resembling one.

The GOP can try to 'avoid it' by appeasing the left all they want in the name of whatever they want. But there is no appeasing them enymore than one can appease a Muslim jihadist. You either confront them head on or they win.

Offline Norm Lenhart

"Just declare it a national security matter...."  You may want to think that through a bit.  Do you really want to set a precedent for rule by presidential fiat, based on "national security" as the president himself defines it?

Sadly yes and not by choice. At this point I do. Because Americans have proven unable and unwilling to govern themselves, Congress is unwilling to govern constitutionally and the left refuses to be governed at all.

If you have another solution that does not involve asking for more of what we have done and failed with already, I would love to hear it. Barring a solution that does not involve appeasement, I am left to conclude that we don't have a lot of choice. SOMEONE has to be our government or we have anarchy.

Offline r9etb

Sadly yes and not by choice. At this point I do. Because Americans have proven unable and unwilling to govern themselves, Congress is unwilling to govern constitutionally and the left refuses to be governed at all.

If you have another solution that does not involve asking for more of what we have done and failed with already, I would love to hear it. Barring a solution that does not involve appeasement, I am left to conclude that we don't have a lot of choice. SOMEONE has to be our government or we have anarchy.

Read that again, three times, slowly....

Are you really suggesting what's written there? Because it sure looks like you're calling for a dictator.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Are you really suggesting what's written there? Because it sure looks like you're calling for a dictator.

After putting up with one for 8 years,   I am less worried about the actions of another in undoing the damage done by the first. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm calling for a return to constitutional governance. Perhaps you should bone up on the constitutional remedies for situations for breakdowns in government. They don't include dictators and they are remedies you have lived with since birth. We all have. And they do not include civilian uprisings, keyboard commandos or anything of the sort.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

It will not happen.

What will happen most certainly is to ignore a court ruling by the Executive.

We are witnessing first hand.

No way will Donald Trump not exercise his right as the Chief Executive and Commander in Chief be abrogated by some idiot federal judge in WA.  It just won't happen.

He is absolutely in the right and got elected to pursue exactly this, so he will not back down to this rogue judge.

What we might be witnessing instead is the beginnings of the end of the rule of law in this country.

Congress can stop it of course by either reigning in the judges or the President, but the million dollar question is: Will they?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline r9etb

I'm calling for a return to constitutional governance.

You're calling for a return to constitutional governance ... through presidential fiat?  Got it.   **nononono*

Perhaps you should bone up on the constitutional remedies for situations for breakdowns in government. They don't include dictators and they are remedies you have lived with since birth. We all have. And they do not include civilian uprisings, keyboard commandos or anything of the sort.

Um..... you need to breathe into a paper bag or something. 

Offline r9etb

After putting up with one for 8 years,   I am less worried about the actions of another in undoing the damage done by the first.

I won't even bother telling you to think about what you're saying.   **nononono*

Offline Norm Lenhart

You're calling for a return to constitutional governance ... through presidential fiat?  Got it.   **nononono*

Um..... you need to breathe into a paper bag or something.

Perhaps you need to read rather than post. Because posting nonsense isn't doing you any favors. You could start with basic civics texts.

Offline r9etb

Perhaps you need to read rather than post. Because posting nonsense isn't doing you any favors. You could start with basic civics texts.

Um... you're the one calling for a dictator...

Offline DiogenesLamp

You're calling for a return to constitutional governance ... through presidential fiat?  Got it.   

Yeah,  that never works out for the better. 

"By general law life and limb must be protected; yet often a limb must be amputated to save a life; but a life is never wisely given to save a limb. I felt that measures, otherwise unconstitutional, might become lawful, by becoming indispensable to the preservation of the constitution, through the preservation of the nation. Right or wrong, I assumed this ground, and now avow it. I could not feel that, to the best of my ability, I had even tried to preserve the constitution, if, to save slavery, or any minor matter, I should permit the wreck of government, country, and Constitution all together."

-Abraham Lincoln-
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

Yeah,  that never works out for the better. 

"By general law life and limb must be protected; yet often a limb must be amputated to save a life; but a life is never wisely given to save a limb. I felt that measures, otherwise unconstitutional, might become lawful, by becoming indispensable to the preservation of the constitution, through the preservation of the nation. Right or wrong, I assumed this ground, and now avow it. I could not feel that, to the best of my ability, I had even tried to preserve the constitution, if, to save slavery, or any minor matter, I should permit the wreck of government, country, and Constitution all together."

-Abraham Lincoln-

Sigh.... surely you're not comparing Trump to Lincoln, nor the current situation to the Civil War?

Offline DiogenesLamp

I won't even bother telling you to think about what you're saying.   **nononono*

You don't need to.   You now worry about Dictator Trump,   but if I were you,  I would preface my abhorrence for Dictators with a long Diatribe against the last one. 

When I think Trump is crossing the line,  I'll chime out.  So far,  it all looks legit to me.   He should get at least as much leeway as that Authoritarian fool we've put up with for so long. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline r9etb

You don't need to.   You now worry about Dictator Trump,

Nope.  I was pointing out how Norm was calling for a dictator.  And others are suggesting that Trump rule by fiat by declaring this a "national security matter."

It's not Trump I'm worried about, it's the people who think such things are a good idea.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sigh.... surely you're not comparing Trump to Lincoln, nor the current situation to the Civil War?

I think Lincoln's words are correct.   When faced with constitutional crises,  we ought to put a priority on the most important aspects of preserving the nation.   

So far as a Civil War goes,   I read a lot of sites,  and over the last couple of days I have read many that argue the left (as demonstrated by the Berkley Violence)  is very much interested in having a Civil War.    California is even threatening to secede.   

There certainly are worse analogies than Lincoln and the Civil War for what is happening now. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

Um... you're the one calling for a dictator...

Um...you're gonna have to pack a lot of supplies to keep you sustained in your quest to find where I said or implied that.

First, since your teachers failed you so badly, I will remind you that

1: The President of the United States has the constitutional Authority to use executive orders.
2: The President of the United States has the constitutional Authority to mobilize various aspects of the government's branches/functionaries as required to maintain national security.
3: the president of the united States has practically unlimited constitutional Authority to secure the continuation of government through the use of the military's various branches as required.

In addition:

There are in fact tens of thousands of constitutional contingency plans in place to ensure the continuation of government under all manner of events including coup, civil unrest and outright war, civil or otherwise.

Nowhere in them will you find 'dictator'. Just 100% constitutional uses and applications of presedential/governmental authority.

The PROBLEM is that you don't like the fact that Trump is president and you seem willing to let the left run roughshod to ensure his failure. Well I didn't want him either. However, I want special snowflakes whining about dictators steering the country into a nice smoking crater over their constitutional ignorance a lot less. I want rule by black robes a lot less. And I want to live under the left even less than any of it.

And if that upsets you, you will find my carefully sowed field of fornications is rather barren at the moment.