Author Topic: With Latest Angry Tweet, Trumps Sets Off On Violent "Collision Course" With Supreme Court  (Read 13494 times)

Wingnut

Thanks for the gumballs.

The Kool aid you are drinking will help wash them down

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I'll take 'em all.

Why?

Because I'd have a poison detector.

Thanks for the gumballs.

Aha!!  You have built up a resistance to Iocane Powder!     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nah, a waiting period.

The poison only has an effective date of a few months, so I can wait it out and then have all the free gum I want without worry.

So....where would you 'warehouse' them, while they're being 'cleansed'?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well those days are over.

If you heard the so-called hearing last night you would see that the career DOJ lawyer was pathetic in arguing the ruling, this is why we need Sessions over there right now.
Pity they couldn't have Cruz present the government's argument.
@mystery-ak

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
So....where would you 'warehouse' them, while they're being 'cleansed'?    :laugh:
You have touched on the seminal problem.
People cooped up can easily be brought to resent their time in captivity, and those they regard as their captors. A scattering of radicals will convert others in the refugee camps or detention facilities.
That poison does not have an expiration date, unfortunately.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I'll take 'em all.

Why?

Because I'd have a poison detector.

Thanks for the gumballs.

Aaaand...you'd be dead.  Your poison detector wouldn't find every poisoned gumball, and probably would have been designed to ignore certain varieties of poison that the makers decided shouldn't be tested for (it was issued to you by the government, after all).
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Nah, a waiting period.

The poison only has an effective date of a few months, so I can wait it out and then have all the free gum I want without worry.

And who told you that?  The designers of your flawed poison detector, that's who.  You're either very trusting or very naive (or both).
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Suppressed

I highly recommend this opinion piece by David P. Goldman. 

https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2014/8/12/shermans-300000-and-the-caliphates-3-million/
Good piece.
I wish he'd brought in the Russia piece of the puzzle, though.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The majority of the refugees are young men.  Don't you find that odd?

It's not clear to me that a "majority" are young men,  but I agree with what I assume is your general point that our refugee policy should about admitting families.   Young men fleeing from war-torn areas tend to be fleeing military service.  I'm in favor of a generous and humane refugee policy that is nevertheless limited to the admission of families.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It's not clear to me that a "majority" are young men,  but I agree with what I assume is your general point that our refugee policy should about admitting families.   Young men fleeing from war-torn areas tend to be fleeing military service.  I'm in favor of a generous and humane refugee policy that is nevertheless limited to the admission of families.
You assume they are running from something, and not feigning fleeing in order to infiltrate their enemy "The Great Satan".

Not all motivational stimuli present in the west are the same as those there. Islam is a different tweak on human nature from cultures founded on the Western Judeo-Christian tradition.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis