Author Topic: Spicer: Pence Tie-Breaker Vote on DeVos Nomination ‘Glaring Reminder’ of Senate Dems’ ‘Unprecedented Obstruction’  (Read 989 times)

rangerrebew

Spicer: Pence Tie-Breaker Vote on DeVos Nomination ‘Glaring Reminder’ of Senate Dems’ ‘Unprecedented Obstruction’

(CNSNews.com) - White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday the fact that Vice President Mike Pence had to cast the tie-breaking vote in favor of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is a reminder of the Senate Democrats’ “unprecedented obstruction.”

“The fact that we had to get to the point where the vice president had to be pulled in to overcome the Democrats’ historic and partisan logjam of the president’s qualified nominee is another glaring reminder of the unprecedented obstruction that Senate Democrats have engaged in throughout this process,” Spicer said.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/spicer-fact-pence-had-break-tie-devos-nomination-glaring-reminder-senate

Offline Night Hides Not

Tie breaker wouldn't have been needed, except for the actions of Murkowski and Collins.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Tie breaker wouldn't have been needed, except for the actions of Murkowski and Collins.

Bing bing bing - I think we have a winner.

90% of the attention will focus on other, less important factors and only 10% on the glaring issue - Murkowski and Collins.

If it were up to me I'd make those two pay a price they can't afford to pay.  Make them defend their vote, which is defending a rotten school system that has failed our youth in every way.  Make them defend the Union/Democratic money laundering cycle.  Make them defend their stance against the Freedom To Choose.  And dig deep to discover if/why they hate children because that is what it boils down to at the end of the day.

I would attack them early and attack them often.  Don't treat this like another bump in the road that will pass quietly.  I would force those two to defend their actions and explain to the American people why they refuse to protect the most vulnerable among us, those who cannot protect themselves.

Offline verga

@Night Hides Not When are those two clowns just going to come straight out and admit they are Dems/ liberals?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Bing bing bing - I think we have a winner.

90% of the attention will focus on other, less important factors and only 10% on the glaring issue - Murkowski and Collins.

If it were up to me I'd make those two pay a price they can't afford to pay.  Make them defend their vote, which is defending a rotten school system that has failed our youth in every way.  Make them defend the Union/Democratic money laundering cycle.  Make them defend their stance against the Freedom To Choose.  And dig deep to discover if/why they hate children because that is what it boils down to at the end of the day.

I would attack them early and attack them often.  Don't treat this like another bump in the road that will pass quietly.  I would force those two to defend their actions and explain to the American people why they refuse to protect the most vulnerable among us, those who cannot protect themselves.
@Hondo69 GBR needs a "like" button.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Spicer: Pence Tie-Breaker Vote on DeVos Nomination ‘Glaring Reminder’ of Senate Dems’ ‘Unprecedented Obstruction’

(CNSNews.com) - White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday the fact that Vice President Mike Pence had to cast the tie-breaking vote in favor of Education Secretary Betsy DeVos is a reminder of the Senate Democrats’ “unprecedented obstruction.”

“The fact that we had to get to the point where the vice president had to be pulled in to overcome the Democrats’ historic and partisan logjam of the president’s qualified nominee is another glaring reminder of the unprecedented obstruction that Senate Democrats have engaged in throughout this process,” Spicer said.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-arter/spicer-fact-pence-had-break-tie-devos-nomination-glaring-reminder-senate
The Democrats need to keep the Teacher's Union in charge. The dumbing down of the children is important for future elections.
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington

Offline Suppressed

@Night Hides Not When are those two clowns just going to come straight out and admit they are Dems/ liberals?

I'm all for playing the strategic game.  Give them cover and keep them in for other votes.  I'd rather have them there than two Dem seats.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

"Obstructionism" has been redefined - its a good thing now.

Try to keep up, Sean.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Unprecedented? Please. The GOP obstructed plenty of Obama stuff.

Offline Night Hides Not

Unprecedented? Please. The GOP obstructed plenty of Obama stuff.

LOL - it's only "unprecedented" when the other side is doing it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.