Author Topic: Trump's lawyer gets pounded by judges with questions about 'Muslim ban' as he fights for travel restrictions to be put back in place - and says White House will take ANY part of the ban being reinstated  (Read 760 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump's lawyer gets pounded by judges with questions about 'Muslim ban' as he fights for travel restrictions to be put back in place - and says White House will take ANY part of the ban being reinstated

Judges wanted to know whether the executive branch believes that Trump could bar Muslims from entering the country if he wanted to
    'That's not what the order does here,' August E. Flentje, a DOJ lawyer kept saying
    Flentje asked the court to 'immediately' lift a judge's injunction on Trump's executive order as he went head-to-head with two states
    At the very least, he said, the government should reinstate the part of Trump's order that 'extends beyond people who are in the US or who have been in the US'
    The hearing before the San Francisco-based 9th Circuit Court of Appeals judges was the greatest legal challenge yet to the ban
    Judge Michelle Friedland asked whether the government has any evidence connecting the nations covered by the ban to terrorism
    Judges Richard Clifton and William Canby wanted to know about the Muslim ban

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com and Associated Press

Published: 18:59 EST, 7 February 2017 | Updated: 19:59 EST, 7 February 2017

President Donald Trump's administration says its temporary restrictions on citizens of seven terror-afflicted countries are not the equivalent of a Muslim ban - but justices on a federal bench reviewing the executive order indicated Tuesday that they're not buying it.

Judges wanted to know whether the executive branch believes that Trump could bar Muslims from entering the country if he wanted.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4201864/Trump-lawyer-hit-judges-questions-Muslim-ban.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DiogenesLamp

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

" Judge Michelle Friedland asked whether the government has any evidence connecting the nations covered by the ban to terrorism"

Judge Michelle Friedland possesses a kind of stupid you just don't see often even in 2017. A REALLY special kind of stupid.

Offline endicom

" Judge Michelle Friedland asked whether the government has any evidence connecting the nations covered by the ban to terrorism"

Judge Michelle Friedland possesses a kind of stupid you just don't see often even in 2017. A REALLY special kind of stupid.

The stupidity of the ideologue but I think she knows what she's doing.

Offline Hoodat

Friedland has already made her decision, and is searching for a way to validate it.

Nowhere in any of this have I heard anyone cite the actual rule that was implemented nor the part of the Constitution that it allegedly violates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

Sometimes, getting pounded by the judges means that they're considering your position seriously and want to test it out to see if it holds water.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Norm Lenhart

9th circuit? Most overturned court in America? I doubt it. Their record pretty much defines not knowing what they are doing. Besides, if she isn't aware of the terrorist connections to the listed countries, she doesn't belong anywhere near a position of authority, much less sitting in judgement of authority. And if she is aware and made that statement she is beyond help.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
9th circuit? Most overturned court in America? I doubt it. Their record pretty much defines not knowing what they are doing. Besides, if she isn't aware of the terrorist connections to the listed countries, she doesn't belong anywhere near a position of authority, much less sitting in judgement of authority. And if she is aware and made that statement she is beyond help.

The Ninth had this  EO overturned before it was issued.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley