Author Topic: Now, Macy's is under pressure to drop Ivanka Trump fashion Brand  (Read 805 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

Now, Macy's is under pressure to drop Ivanka Trump fashion Brand
« on: February 06, 2017, 04:03:55 pm »
SOURCE: BUSINESS INSIDER

URL: http://www.businessinsider.com/macys-under-pressure-to-drop-ivanka-trump-2017-2

by Kate Taylor

As a movement to boycott businesses that do business with the Trump family heats up, Macy's is under pressure to dump Ivanka Trump's fashion brand.

With Nordstrom announcing on Thursday that it had decided to stop selling Ivanka Trump's brand, reportedly due to declining sales, customers have taken to Macy's social media pages to demand the retailer do the same.

"Nordstrom dumped Trump, please follow suit," reads one of many similar comments on Macy's Facebook page. "I would never put plastic Ivanka Trump boots on my little daughter."

@Macys I have cc for 15 yrs & spent 1000s. I will no longer b shopping at Macy's until every product w/ Trump is removed.#GrabYourWallet

— Rogue Too (@PovvyL) February 3, 2017

One customer claimed she was told by a customer service representative that the company is in the process of dropping Ivanka's apparel and shoe lines. Macy's didn't immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.

The pressure seems to be coming from inside the company as well. According to an internal source at Macy's, some corporate employees are uncomfortable with their roles selling and marketing Ivanka Trump's brand following the election of Donald Trump.

"Hopefully they stop," an internal Macy's source told Business Insider, referencing the company's declining sales. "They can't lose any more money than they already are."

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Now, Macy's is under pressure to drop Ivanka Trump fashion Brand
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »
So Trump calls for a boycott of Macy's and Macy's doesn't pull Ivanka's overpriced crap off the shelves and is now threatened with a boycott because of it?

Both sides of the boycott game are being played for fools.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:14:17 pm »
So they are dropping a liberal female owned business for political reasons?

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 04:18:48 pm »
So they are dropping a liberal female owned business for political reasons?

Look, I don't agree with the boycott and thinks it's unfair, but Trump had to have known that these things would happen.  :shrug:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 04:22:54 pm »

Look, I don't agree with the boycott and thinks it's unfair, but Trump had to have known that these things would happen.  :shrug:

How dare they!  :silly:

Offline chae

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:27:58 pm »
I think her shoes are adorbs!  I'm on my feet the majority of the day and I have to wear nice dress shoes.  Her sandals provide a cute respite from my penny loafers and since I have a kneecap that randomly dislocates, the majority of dress shoes available have heels that could conceivably lead to a broken hip.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 05:10:53 pm »
If you like her products, buy it. If you don't like it don't buy it. It's as simple as that.