Author Topic: Obama Pentagon official says anti-Trump military coup now possible - Washington Times  (Read 837 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Obama Pentagon official says anti-Trump military coup now possible
Says Trump ‘as crazy as everyone feared’; claims military overthrow and ‘an insane order’ both ‘frightening’
 By Carlo Muñoz - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 2, 2017

A former Defense Department official under the Obama administration has raised the specter of a military coup to remove President Donald Trump from power.

In an editorial penned for Foreign Policy, senior Pentagon policy official Rosa Brooks publicly suggested a military insurrection against the Trump administration may be the only option to oust one of the most divisive presidents in American history.

“Donald Trump’s first week as president has made it all too clear: Yes, he is as crazy as everyone feared,” Ms. Brooks wrote. “[One] possibility is one that until recently I would have said was unthinkable in the United States of America: a military coup, or at least a refusal by military leaders to obey certain orders.”

Continued: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/2/rosa-brooks-obama-pentagon-official-says-anti-trum/

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
When I read military coup I think am I living in America still?  Click your heels and turn around three times..........  We aren't home anymore Todo!

That's what you get when you have a Kenyan leading your party.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, Trump has been in office how long? Not even two weeks? That's pretty good becoming the most divisive president in history--something I suggest she study. Lincoln/Breckinridge was a pretty divisive election, but so far my money is on the guy who was given a "Peace Prize" for doing nothing and then spent the next eight years rolling back race relations in this country. Of course, he did not succeed unless you buy what's in the news, but he d@mn sure tried.

Oh, and fire her a$$, too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:24:12 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Well, Trump has been in office how long? Not even two weeks? That's pretty good becoming the most divisive president in history--something I suggest she study. Lincoln/Breckinridge was a pretty divisive election, but so far my money is on the guy who was given a "Peace Prize" for doing nothing and then spent the next eight years rolling back race relations in this country. Of course, he did not succeed unless you buy what's in the news, but he d@mn sure tried.

Oh, and fire her a$$, too.

IMHO, the Kenyan did succeed; he allowed a caliphate to form in the Middle East with the goal of broadening their reach to the West and to eventually overtake their countries.  ISIS now has a foothold in Europe and is slowly (for the time being) trickling into the U.S.  Meanwhile those that allowed or helped him to succeed are still in government and they are part of the swamp that needs to be drained.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Any attempt of a military coup would be, under the Patriot Act, making yourself an enemy combatant of the USA. Treason, sedition, terrorism, and forget a trial. Shoot them dead in the street.
The Republic is lost.